The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

mknittle 07-01-2013 10:56 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 6152265)
we don't have the heat but it's been raining now for two weeks every after noon!!!!! i have not been able to drive my truck at all, and she is ready to go! lol

Ray

That is worse!:sumo:

fabguy 07-01-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denee007 (Post 6152645)
Well, to be honest, and I am terribly honest, I think my truck who hath no name, looks sharp without the emblems?:metal: yes, the holes are there, but they aren't very visible. I wish someone made some stick on side emblems~hm~ oh, I would be very conservative on pin stripping~ We'll discuss this when the day comes.
dne'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psbe82dfd7.jpg

Are you looking for a set of spears and hood emblem?
Posted via Mobile Device

Denee007 07-01-2013 11:46 PM

Hi, I have 2 sets of spears and 2 hood emblems. They're in fair shape~ actually I haven't paid much attention to them. Seems like they didn't line up with the holes on my truck. I'll look at them again tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabguy (Post 6152755)
Are you looking for a set of spears and hood emblem?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dan in Pasadena 07-02-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denee007 (Post 6152778)
...Seems like they didn't line up with the holes on my truck...

Is there a slight difference between the '58 and '59 model year emblems? I ask because there are between the '55.2 and '56 model years.

IF you put on the emblems may I suggest you get them re-chromed? The paint is too nice to install pecky, dull chrome.

fabguy 07-02-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6152836)
Is there a slight difference between the '58 and '59 model year emblems? I ask because there are between the '55.2 and '56 model years.

IF you put on the emblems may I suggest you get them re-chromed? The paint is too nice to install pecky, dull chrome.

Yes sir there is a difference ;)

I didn't rechrome the fleetside emblems as I wanted a lil something to look original or least close to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

crossfire84 07-02-2013 04:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I saw a member do this on his TF and it looked cool, so i moved my stock fuel filler neck to the rear of my AD fender today, all info and more pics in my build thread.

Zach B 07-03-2013 12:41 AM

I removed all the interior of my truck and am now preping everything for sand blasting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Denee007 07-03-2013 09:50 AM

That is a superb idea and well executed!:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossfire84 (Post 6153810)
I saw a member do this on his TF and it looked cool, so i moved my stock fuel filler neck to the rear of my AD fender today, all info and more pics in my build thread.

Denee007 07-03-2013 09:51 AM

uh, pictures? we need a before and after;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach B (Post 6154471)
I removed all the interior of my truck and am now preping everything for sand blasting.
Posted via Mobile Device

crossfire84 07-03-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denee007 (Post 6154738)
That is a superb idea and well executed!:metal:

thanks.

lazerstrouts 07-03-2013 03:03 PM

i found a fulton visor last week in the trash. smoothed out most of the big dents and reshaped some Bends. Now if you run your hand across it it reads i have bad hail in brail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jyman 07-03-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazerstrouts (Post 6155192)
i found a fulton visor last week in the trash. smoothed out most of the big dents and reshaped some Bends. Now if you run your hand across it it reads i have bad hail in brail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, I want to know what trash you where digging through, can you point me in that direction. Nice find, just run it through a English wheel and it will change what that brail says.

Zach B 07-03-2013 11:21 PM

I found a bed for sale for my truck today as a reproduction but the side is pre drilled for only an extra $45
Posted via Mobile Device

pvienneau 07-05-2013 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brought the Oil Pan, Valve Cover, and Spark plug side to the car wash and cleaned all the gunk off. Then I hit em with the wire wheel and degreased them. Used a roll of paper towels with some marine clean 5 to 1. Hit them with Prep and ready and them primed and painted. I bough the paint from the filling station as a chevy engine grey but am not liking it. Could someone recommend where to purchase the chevy engine grey blue so I can finish in that color?

Tanks

Pat

Zach B 07-05-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvienneau (Post 6158155)
Brought the Oil Pan, Valve Cover, and Spark plug side to the car wash and cleaned all the gunk off. Then I hit em with the wire wheel and degreased them. Used a roll of paper towels with some marine clean 5 to 1. Hit them with Prep and ready and them primed and painted. I bough the paint from the filling station as a chevy engine grey but am not liking it. Could someone recommend where to purchase the chevy engine grey blue so I can finish in that color?

Tanks

Pat

Oldchevytrucks.com has it. Idk what the paint if the paint looks right but I do know the guy who runs that shop is about the most knowledgable person on those trucks out there so it is probably really close.
Posted via Mobile Device

av8tr33337 07-05-2013 05:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I finished installing all my control arm bushings and ball joints. I shined everything up with knotted wire cups, wiped it all down with lacquer thinner. Then I hung everything up and hit it with 2 coats of primer then 2 coats of black. Hope it's dry enough in the morning that I can get the front end back together.

I didn’t paint the spindles because I’m planning to do 2 inch drop spindles in the future. I just want to be able to role this thing out so I can get to work on the engine and tranny clean up and repaint.

This is only my second time painting. I'm using a Harbor Freight HVLP gun. I have to say that I have had good luck with this gun. Of course the undercarriage is a little less critical. But I have had no issues with runs or anything else. Good even coverage throughout.

Dan in Pasadena 07-05-2013 06:14 PM

What brand paint are you using?
Posted via Mobile Device

av8tr33337 07-05-2013 06:53 PM

I just used Rustoleum Professional this time around. I did the frame itself with epoxy primr and some chassis black, but money is tight right now so I went a little cheaper.

OrrieG 07-06-2013 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I worked on the gas door while grandson helped his Mom prep the Mustang intake manifold for paint. Chevelle was just in the way... Got a fancy fire resistant/leather welding jacket while at the welding store for some wire.

Dodger 07-06-2013 04:38 AM

Picked up the truck after having new king pins installed. Fitted a new brake pedal spring and stamped an engine number into the block. Weigh ticket and passenger mirror then hopefully licensed after my re inspection on Tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Drakien 07-06-2013 06:06 AM

Photoshopped it into a "Toy Truck"

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...29190670_n.jpg

mknittle 07-06-2013 05:05 PM

:lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakien (Post 6159141)

Daze57 07-06-2013 05:56 PM

^ i like it !!!

Drakien 07-06-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daze57 (Post 6159814)
^ i like it !!!

Haha thanks! :metal:

mknittle 07-06-2013 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing to either truck but I put some smaller main jets in this.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket