The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

In The Ten Ring 07-20-2015 10:17 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

All I could do today was measure for my "D" ring towing hitch. I'm going to try and cut the 2" tubular steel tomorrow in welding class.

magwakeenercew2jh 07-20-2015 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mud.man.rj (Post 7248345)
So mag is saying he drove around a lot and had fun..:bann:

Well, I didn't want to brag. But I had "The Boss" with me.

Before we made it to the supermarket, and after a nice ride in the woods all the way around Bass Lake to the dump (Where they said, "Cardboard?"
"Old Bike?" "Two old printers?" "That's all for the recycle." "Bay One" "No charge."), The Boss said, "Hey, I've got twenty cents off a gallon for gas."
"Let me buy you a tank."

After the store, I asked her if she wanted to drive. She just looked at me like I was nuts. She can drive like Parnelli Jones. But she likes to ride.

A Good Day.
Nice ride. Then, when we came home, I tinkered a little with the motorized bicycle.

mud.man.rj 07-20-2015 11:01 PM

There is that bike again, sure looks cool, would like to try that out, bet it is fun but not as much as the truck, cruising all day with the boss yet..:mm:

JG67 07-22-2015 07:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Did some body work to mine. The first two pics are how it sits today (its a little tough doing body work in Phoenix in 105 degree weather). The last picture is when i picked her up. A lot of sheet metal work but she's getting close.

tdangle 07-22-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgie70 (Post 6504527)
I put on a new fuel pump. What a pain trying to keep that rod up in there and get the gaskets situated. Required another set of hands from my friend. Now I know why people go with an electric one.:lol:

Put a glob of grease on the end of the rod, push it in it will say in place while you mount the pump. Old school trick I learned from my dad.

firedemon 07-22-2015 08:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
got the rims sandblasted painted mounted and put on now just need a lil cash for trim rings and center caps . didn't get pics but found a puddle of brake fluid on floor mat so I had to replace the master and front brake hoses

In The Ten Ring 07-22-2015 10:09 PM

I worked on my truck all day but didn't take any pics.

1). Ran ERR on a bracket (with little effect).

2). Used compressed air to blow out the tunnel at the base of the new-to-me core support. Not sure if this is sand from the blaster or from its last home of California.

3). I spay painted the strap to the canister bracket.

4). I NAPA Rust Treated the screws for the headlight adjustments after a bit of time on the wire wheel.

5). I bought spray paint for the truck's parts.

6). I bought the new Dorman headlight clips.

7). I made some measurements for the planned trailer hitch plug and D ring tow hitch.

64chevtruck 07-23-2015 03:19 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Finished my exhaust, re located my compressor and second battery, raised and widened my wheel tubs, added wood to the bed to make it more usable, Put in a Flamethrower, and Completed my quest for fire......

Click link to see flames,

https://youtu.be/LTNf5-nEjbE

Have a good week,

VWNate1 07-23-2015 08:39 AM

As mentioned , just driving 'round and doing chores or wasting Gasoline is always fun and never boring in Chevrolet trucks :chevy: .

" Festina Lenta " ~ I love it :lol: .

I've seen several homemade motorized bicycles , some were really vintage looking using old Briggs & Stratten W1 engines , beach cruiser frames with fat 29" wheels and discarded 1936 Ford spare tire band cut into fenders....

I like your and would love to have one like it for putt - putting around town .

magwakeenercew2jh 07-23-2015 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VWNate1 (Post 7251088)
As mentioned , just driving 'round and doing chores or wasting Gasoline is always fun and never boring in Chevrolet trucks :chevy: .

" Festina Lenta " ~ I love it :lol: .

I've seen several homemade motorized bicycles , some were really vintage looking using old Briggs & Stratten W1 engines ,
beach cruiser frames with fat 29" wheels and discarded 1936 Ford spare tire band cut into fenders....

I like your and would love to have one like it for putt - putting around town .

Next time you're up this way, take her for a nice long ride.
At 150 mpg, I'll buy the gas.

https://magwa.smugmug.com/Gasbike/

VWNate1 07-23-2015 05:48 PM

Thank you Sir ;

I'll do that .

:metal:

mud.man.rj 07-23-2015 06:01 PM

Ride it up to Northern Canada Mag, I will pay the gas..:bo2:

magwakeenercew2jh 07-23-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mud.man.rj (Post 7251627)
Ride it up to Northern Canada Mag, I will pay the gas..:bo2:

:gi:

In The Ten Ring 07-24-2015 01:33 AM

I used a sealer product from O'Reilly's to seal the panel unions on one side of my core support. *More sides coming tomorrow.

elkniks 07-24-2015 02:44 AM

You know when you are looking at the front of the engine and the fuel pump is just to your left? There are two 3/8" holes right above each other. The lower one goes nowhere, just to a big hole coming up from the bottom of the engine. But the one above that should have a short bolt in it, remove it use a longer bolt and lightly tighten it while holding the pump rod up. The longer bolt will stop against the fuel pump rod and hold it in place.

This is in response to the fuel pump question I saw above. Sorry, I'm still learning how to use this forum thing.

hamjet 07-28-2015 07:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have to bring this thread back to the top.. I made my fuel line for the 3x2 set up, and I installed my NOS AM/FM/ 8 track player, but for the radio I need to find a hidden antenna for the radio part. the cowl was never drilled for an antenna and I'm not drilling it after 46 years of it being that way..Neil Young! the good old days!!!!

BlacklandCamper 07-28-2015 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started making progress on my head swap.
Glad I parked under a shade tree before I started. It's been over 100 for the last week.

VWNate1 07-28-2015 01:40 PM

Could you expand on the cylinder heads for those of us not sharp on V8's ? .

In The Ten Ring 07-28-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamjet (Post 7256131)
I have to bring this thread back to the top.. I made my fuel line for the 3x2 set up, and I installed my NOS AM/FM/ 8 track player, but for the radio I need to find a hidden antenna for the radio part. the cowl was never drilled for an antenna and I'm not drilling it after 46 years of it being that way..Neil Young! the good old days!!!!

And I thought I was the only one on here with an 8 track player! :)

So today, all I have done to my truck is put on two coats of Rustoleum Engine Enamel to the bottom of my truck's new-to-it core support. *It has 1 coat of epoxy primer, 2 coats of Krylon satin black to most sides, and 2 coats of the enamel to the bottom.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...pshiavrqig.jpg

BlacklandCamper 07-28-2015 06:11 PM

The heads I'm removing are 53cc chamber, with 1.94/1.5 valves. They came off a 305ci engine. The heads I'm putting on are 64cc chamber, with 2.02/1.6 valves, and 164cc runners. Those came stock on HiPo 327ci engines.

The old heads need to be rebuilt, and were already old when they were installed, granted the heads I'm installing are older, but they are fresher.

VWNate1 07-30-2015 12:12 AM

SBC Cylinder Heads

THANX ! .

When I worked in a heavy Duty Truck Shop 30 years ago , all the mechanics had Chevy pickups with 350's in them and they were always going on about the cylinder heads they'd found , factory ones with bigger valves and better porting .

I like to build low compression engines that breathe well , they're unburstable and very fun to drive .

I don't care about stop light drags , I run em hard and fast in the Desert and canyons .

Bowtiguy 07-30-2015 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally on the ground after starting the dissassembly 4 months ago, only thing left to do is everything!

RustyBucket 07-30-2015 12:43 AM

2 day brake job/bearing re-pack. New pads, shoes, turned rotors. Put new shocks on the front. No calipers or wheel cylinders leaking, just had to dip a little fluid out of the frt. reservoir on the master cyl. to compensate for the thickness of the new pads. Good pedal, stops nice n straight.

Ozzy2013 07-30-2015 01:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Set the cab and made the z bar linkage and hydroboost bracket and rod.

fartblossom 07-30-2015 09:54 AM

Got my truck back with new shocks and power steering. Also removed aftermarket load booster springs. It's like a new truck!

Now for some sway bars.