The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

blake's first 05-11-2013 01:56 AM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake's first (Post 6063946)
E-

This is Joe, I went to Marquez Design today and talked to Pascual about your lights. Hes got your lights and he was going to send them home with me, but not sure if you want the new one piece or the two piece new style. The buckets and LEDs are part of the kit. Here's some photos of the lights, let me know when you want to pick them up and check out the other parts like the billet LED mirror. Blake has one you need one also.

Joe

hey Eric I was going to give you Pascual's number at the shop maybe when your ready to go pick them up we can grab Al and go over and check out his shop there's a lot to see then maybe have some lunch this is his shop number 916-373-9783 Joe.....

Mike Bradbury 05-13-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6055067)
Thanks guys I am really luckey to have a dad that can do just about anything. He passed it on to me. The only thing we did not do was the stone and stucco. We did the roof and man let me tell you what a pain in the rear. I have mad respect for roofers. I am going to sub out the pool myself. We are planning on building a free foam tropical style pool with rock waterfalls, cold spa, hot spa and beech entry. It will also gave a swim up bar. Should be cool but I need to save to do that so that is why I am done building trucks for a while. I will finish Tootsie, trailer and the bike and I will be done. I am glad you guys like the backyard

Eric I am blown away at the level of detail you put into Tootsie, it came out fantastic. Are you bringing her to the Brothers Show?

I was a roofer for 4 years back in my younger days and when I bought a house I paid a roofer to put a new roof on. it really is dog work especially in the summer.

hotrod1 05-13-2013 01:22 AM

I would love to see her at Brothers as well!

jbclassix 05-13-2013 01:45 AM

Eric. Wishing your mom a happy mother's day!
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-13-2013 11:17 AM

Thanks guys. I will be at the brothers show with Tootsie. She will not be done but I am getting there. Joe I will call you today to get the lights and set up a date for lunch. Also I need to get those trees from you. As far as my mom goes she is making a huge turn around. She is up and moving and she has even gone back to work 3-4 hrs a day with my dad. So it is really cool. I hope all of you guys told your moms you loved her and had a great weekend. Thanks again for following the build. I will get some more pics up as soon as I get something done to take a picture of. Thanks Eric

bruceman1968 05-13-2013 11:44 AM

Wow Eric, That is GREAT news! Even better than pics of your truck.

NewType72 05-13-2013 11:46 AM

Absolutely excellent news so glad to hear about your moms health increasing. Will be so happy to meet you at brothers after seeing the frame itself at the c-10 bash last fall.
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-13-2013 11:50 AM

Ya she has made a huge turn around so I am really happy for my mom and my dad. The truck will be there and I am looking forward to hanging out.

truckzilla 05-13-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesUFarley (Post 5984133)
If you were INTENTIONALLY referencing Thomas Dolby, It was subtle but I caught it...lol

LOL only in a subtle way.

truckzilla 05-13-2013 07:13 PM

Wow, I spent all day going from page 79 to page 99 and it's time to go home. What awesome progress Eric! I sent a message to you about t-shirt info. After I catch up on the rest of Tootsie's progress, I have to spend the rest of the week catching up on what Mike Losh has been up to on his gems.

The problem with this forum is I never get any work done anymore!

RRC 05-13-2013 08:21 PM

Posted via Mobile Device It's great to here your mom is doing good!!!

Mike Bradbury 05-13-2013 08:51 PM

Hey Eric,
Are you bringing any Tootsie T's to the Brothers show? Im a Large, and I'm in for one.

superflysteiny 05-14-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckzilla (Post 6069056)
Wow, I spent all day going from page 79 to page 99 and it's time to go home. What awesome progress Eric! I sent a message to you about t-shirt info. After I catch up on the rest of Tootsie's progress, I have to spend the rest of the week catching up on what Mike Losh has been up to on his gems.

The problem with this forum is I never get any work done anymore!

You sound like me on this forum. I never get any work done. I am hooked on these trucks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by RRC (Post 6069213)
Posted via Mobile Device It's great to here your mom is doing good!!!

Thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Bradbury (Post 6069284)
Hey Eric,
Are you bringing any Tootsie T's to the Brothers show? Im a Large, and I'm in for one.

Yes I will bring shirts

darkgable79 05-15-2013 11:05 AM

That backyard is like something off the DIY network.
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-15-2013 11:36 PM

Thank you glad you like it. We put a lot of work in it.
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-15-2013 11:39 PM

My Nick Williams throttle body 102. This thing is massive. http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psf84c2396.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps27fe0f92.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps640d18d7.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Bhelton 05-15-2013 11:54 PM

Nice!!!:ito:
Posted via Mobile Device

Rusbuilt 05-16-2013 07:08 AM

Good Lord!!! Thats big!!

jbclassix 05-16-2013 09:33 AM

do you have to put your hnad in its mouth just because you are a dentist? You almost need a clear silicone boot for that thing so you can look at it every time you open the hood!

superflysteiny 05-16-2013 10:54 AM

This thing is huge. That super charger should have no issues with air
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-16-2013 03:12 PM

This is what I do on a daily bases. Thought you guys would like this. http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps01c6b819.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-16-2013 03:13 PM

No it's not centered because its not supposed to be to to the final restoration that will go on it and how the tooth will look
Posted via Mobile Device

Bhelton 05-16-2013 03:16 PM

Cool! But I've never heard anyone say they got screwed by the dentist!:lol:

Zoomin 05-16-2013 03:24 PM

I have the highest respect for people like you that can do those things that help people like that.

builtbyKane 05-16-2013 03:38 PM

So was that a self tapper
Posted via Mobile Device