The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Zane's Ride (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=560166)

rvrfoot 09-30-2017 06:51 PM

Re: Zane's Ride

Cool, try to post some pictures on here. Some of us dont have face book.

Zane'sMom 12-08-2017 02:04 AM

Hey everyone! Update: the project has been taken over by a different instructor! He has some great ideas: he has a transmission that will probably work; we talked about 2WD vs 4WD, and decided on 4WD; much more practical here in Alaska, and that would have been what Zane would want. The tires will be tall, narrow, with pretty aggressive tread, on wagon wheel rims; for paint, it will be flat finish, probably a washed out navy blue with maybe white accents. His goal is to get to a rolling chassis by the end of this school year (a goal we have set before, but have not yet been able to get to). And I will get some pics to post soon!

Zane'sMom 02-08-2018 11:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Alright! I finally got back to the school and I have some pics! But first, news: we need bed sides. The ones we have are pretty beat up so the new instructor is going to check with a local company that fabricates metal tanks and stuff to see if they can stamp them out and he can mount them in the bed. One of the students has some doors that may work that he will donate; we have a transmission (yay!) We will need some front fenders so may have to order those since we have not been able to find any here in Fairbanks area. It is currently mocked up on a rolling chassis. Goal is to have body and frame done by the end of this school year and complete the project by the end of next year.

Zane'sMom 04-11-2018 11:12 PM

:flagw:The instructor called me to tell me that one of his students was in Oregon at a show, and found a step side truck bed in great shape! He and his dad are going to have it shipped to Alaska for the project! Very exciting.

rvrfoot 04-11-2018 11:19 PM

Very cool.

aerotruk63 04-12-2018 10:11 AM

Great news

Zane'sMom 05-11-2018 12:59 AM

Sadly, it was a short bed, and we need a long bed stepside. But, we have some leads on others to look at, so I will keep you all posted!

Mike_The_Grad 04-22-2019 06:54 PM

Any updates?

65c10restomod 04-22-2019 07:57 PM

you may already know it but your front bumper is upside down

Zane'sMom 05-07-2019 01:35 PM

I would not have noticed that, but now that I look, it does seem upside down. No doubt the instructor will take care of that.
Anyway, I have reached out to him for updated pics before the end of the school year, so hopefully I will have some to post.
Hope you are all having a good Spring!

Zane'sMom 06-06-2019 12:36 AM

Hello, everyone. Unfortunately, I did not hear back from the instructor before the end of the school year about updates and pics. I will get with him in August when school starts again, and go check in on the project. Hope you are all having a great summer!

Zane'sMom 12-27-2019 05:04 PM

Hello, all. Sorry for the long delay in posting. After summer break, I tried multiple times to reach the instructor overseeing Zane's Ride, and he finally got back to me just before the Holiday school break. He'd been busy with other things. He did say there has been some slow progress. He said he would get me some pics, and let me know what other parts we still need.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Holiday Season!