The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Parked Indefinite (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=526497)

Gmc-76 05-30-2014 09:25 AM

Re: Parked Indefinite

Any updates on this awesomeness?

Desperado454 06-01-2014 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudigginit (Post 6688557)
Thanks man! Im throwing the idea around of running a single turbo on my 355, stock heads for now but I have speed pro dome head pistons, comp extreme energy cam, dual plane air gap victor jr intake, holley 750 vacuum secondary carb. With your experience do you think I could handle a single turbo?

Based upon my experience I'd say go for it, but that's only because i like to build things and always have had a backup engine in the corner to swap in at a days notice just in case. I'll try to add some more of my "experience" just have to dig up a few pics to make it interesting

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Toy chest (Post 6691114)
Thanks for dropping by. I like your truck will stop by to check it out some more.

Sounds good man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankster (Post 6698621)
This thing is a beast! I want to turbo my 454 in my 86 one day... But got to have money!

Wouldn't quite call it a beast, but it's still alright. Why don't you go ahead and slap a turbo on your 454, don't really need much money to get a little extra air in there. Pretty sure I was under $500 for the first go around

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmc-76 (Post 6699287)

Nothing too exciting, most of my free time is being occupied by either hunting down parts or trying to hammer out a frame design for my model a. I have been trying to get a ride along video up but the only sounds the camera seems to pick up are the squeaky seat and windy door seals.

Hankster 06-01-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desperado454 (Post 6701449)
Wouldn't quite call it a beast, but it's still alright. Why don't you go ahead and slap a turbo on your 454, don't really need much money to get a little extra air in there. Pretty sure I was under $500 for the first go around

I want to really bad, I figured it would be more exspensive.. could you PM me any advice or info on what all I need and where to find it? Thanks!

Desperado454 07-09-2022 04:44 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmc-76 (Post 6699287)

Yeah man, tons! Truck started to rot out on me again after almost a decade of daily driver duty so I blew it apart and decided to go nuts on it! Decided to build up a big chevy and a fresh turbo setup to match. Silver frame and 15" Daisy's were a must! Tons to cover but here's a couple pictures, probably should start a new thread