The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Captain America 68 short/fleetside (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=468341)

builtbyKane 05-17-2018 10:39 PM

Re: Captain America 68 short/fleetside

Bummer. Nothing worse then doing pain jobs more than once.

cornerstone 05-19-2018 12:18 AM

Oh man. Get some buddies over, and have a few beers. sorry man.:alc:

chasinhiway 05-21-2018 09:17 AM

First off let me say Great looking truck. On your oil leak a lot of the time the housing that the rear main seal is in leaks as much as the seal itself. Those seals can be tricky to put in with the housing still on the truck. I work at a GM dealership and you can by the housing which comes with a new seal and housing gasket for not much more than the seal cost.

gottattooz 05-21-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasinhiway (Post 8265206)
First off let me say Great looking truck. On your oil leak a lot of the time the housing that the rear main seal is in leaks as much as the seal itself. Those seals can be tricky to put in with the housing still on the truck. I work at a GM dealership and you can by the housing which comes with a new seal and housing gasket for not much more than the seal cost.

I replaced the rear main as well as the rear main cover seal. I think i folded the lip of the seal not knowing there was a spacer on the crank for the 4L80e transmission. I had a feeling, but I didn't act on it and it bit me in the ass.

-Josh

gottattooz 06-17-2018 04:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I love living down the street from the summit racing store. I bought a passenger inner fender and bolt kit. It bolted right in with no problems. Also i swapped back to 5 slot mags.

-Josh

colgad 06-19-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottattooz (Post 8283278)
I love living down the street from the summit racing store. I bought a passenger inner fender and bolt kit. It bolted right in with no problems. Also i swapped back to 5 slot mags.

-Josh

When did you do the flames?
Dave

gottattooz 06-19-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colgad (Post 8284696)
When did you do the flames?
Dave

Last August. I wanted to try the flames coming out from behind scallops. I get a lot of mixed reviews, but I didn't do it for anyone else.

How's the big truck coming along?

-Josh

bruceman1968 07-01-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottattooz (Post 8284791)
I wanted to try the flames coming out from behind scallops. I get a lot of mixed reviews,

-Josh

Josh, how can this possibly be true? How could some people, even one person NOT like the scallops over flames front end treatment. It looks Awesome! Gnarly Awesome is what I think. You did a great job with that original design. I've never seen it anywhere else before. It really makes the truck! Truck looks great BTW, really enjoy seeing the updates. You've come a long way since the Tiger Print interior and the glitter thrown on the truck, like the PO was feeding chickens.

gottattooz 07-29-2018 08:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well i traded the captain in for a trailblazer this weekend. A guy in fort Myers, Florida had a wrecked 2006 trailblazer ss on Craigslist. I asked if he was interested in my truck for trade. He actually has a c10 in a friend's garage he's been working on. I drive down and we traded vehicles. His was wrecked, but no frame damage.

2 weeks earlier, i bought a 1968 jeep Wagoneer with 36,000 original miles on it. The plan is to cut out the floor pans and fire walls of the jeep and the trailblazer and swap bodies. I've got to get my garage built first, but I'm excited to get started.

-Josh

Operatorfailure 07-29-2018 08:48 PM

That's amazing man. I love TBSS's and my wife loves wagoneers. Are you doing a build thread? If so, link it here, I want to follow.

gottattooz 07-29-2018 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Operatorfailure (Post 8311538)
That's amazing man. I love TBSS's and my wife loves wagoneers. Are you doing a build thread? If so, link it here, I want to follow.

I'll probably do a build thread here. The full size jeep forum doesn't seem to be very active, and your have to get a separate photo account to post pics there.

-Josh

Operatorfailure 07-29-2018 09:51 PM

Sweet. When you do start a build thread, please link it here so I don't miss it!

gottattooz 07-30-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Operatorfailure (Post 8311593)
Sweet. When you do start a build thread, please link it here so I don't miss it!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...48#post8311848

Here you go.

-Josh

gottattooz 07-31-2018 07:35 AM

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...656092725.html

And here's the captain on Craigslist already.

-Josh

colgad 08-01-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottattooz (Post 8311534)
Well i traded the captain in for a trailblazer this weekend. A guy in fort Myers, Florida had a wrecked 2006 trailblazer ss on Craigslist. I asked if he was interested in my truck for trade. He actually has a c10 in a friend's garage he's been working on. I drive down and we traded vehicles. His was wrecked, but no frame damage.

2 weeks earlier, i bought a 1968 jeep Wagoneer with 36,000 original miles on it. The plan is to cut out the floor pans and fire walls of the jeep and the trailblazer and swap bodies. I've got to get my garage built first, but I'm excited to get started.

-Josh

Where did you find that perfect Wagoneer? This will be a great swap. Wish you were still close so I could see it in person.
Dave

gottattooz 08-02-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colgad (Post 8313871)
Where did you find that perfect Wagoneer? This will be a great swap. Wish you were still close so I could see it in person.
Dave

Once it's completed and roadworthy, I'll definitely make a roundtrip to Florida and I'll make sure to coordinate with you to check it out.

-Josh

fecklessgadfly 08-07-2018 10:38 AM

Hate to see Cap move on, but I've always loved Wagoneers. Hope that build goes well.