The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

OregonNed 05-03-2023 12:19 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:

Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine (Post 9201350)
Thanks, Grumpy.

Yes, Amazon for me too. I've ordered many for all of the hoses, including the main upper and lower radiator. They are actually pretty reasonable. I made sure to measure the smaller hoses to get the right millimeter range - the first ones were too small. Most of them I also polished up a bit on the buffing wheel

kelz702 05-04-2023 04:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't do all this today. It took me a few weeks but I finally got these wheels on the truck. I bought an old set of f@>d wheels and had them powdercoated(cosmic white metallic). I took the truck to the wheel shop and had some firestones mounted and ballenced. Brought the truck home and slapped these hubcaps on. I'm calling it good for a little while

kelz702 05-04-2023 05:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's some more pictures:

68bowtie 05-04-2023 09:28 AM

Looks great

Micmac 05-04-2023 10:21 AM

Gotta Love the orange and white! Looks awesome

Micmac 05-04-2023 10:22 AM

Gotta Love the orange and white! Looks awesome

Chevys4life 05-04-2023 10:50 AM

Rims and tires always make a big difference.

LNP 05-04-2023 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OregonNed (Post 9201120)
One of my Heater hoses had an annoying drip, so I upgraded both with new clamps - silicone style instead of the ones I had.

What do you think of the silicone hoses? Did you switch the radiator hoses as well or just the heater hoses?

LNP 05-04-2023 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxGary (Post 9200849)
Installed LED bulbs in dash cluster, now I can see the guages at night. Also installed a 15" steering wheel.

Looks great. I too swaitch mine to led's and I have that steering wheel too. I switched my park, backup, and turn/brake lights to led's. They are real bright

OregonNed 05-04-2023 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LNP (Post 9201664)
What do you think of the silicone hoses? Did you switch the radiator hoses as well or just the heater hoses?

I'm glad you called me on this, because in my research I assumed it had the silicone component - actually, EDPM rubber. As opposed to other hoses I had, it has a rubbery feel, (not smooth like the Goodyear Hose) - seems to be much better quality and sealing better.

LNP 05-04-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OregonNed (Post 9201678)
I'm glad you called me on this, because in my research I assumed it had the silicone component - actually, EDPM rubber. As opposed to other hoses I had, it has a rubbery feel, (not smooth like the Goodyear Hose) - seems to be much better quality and sealing better.

Cool thanks for the info I appreciate it

zicc1835 05-04-2023 08:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I got me E Brake pedal ready to install and decided to rebuild the kick panel vent door drilled out the rivets replaced with stainless screws and nylocs I powder coated it new gasket and installed it real nice tight fit easier than having the E-pedal in the way ....I guess

Steeveedee 05-04-2023 10:07 PM

^ Nice work! Back in my prime...

72c20customcamper 05-05-2023 01:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Tried the Eastwood brake line flairing tool for the first time to make a gas line for the 68 . Worked very well just need to get a holder clamp for the line so it doesn’t vibrate to much . I tried to replicate the oem as best I could but since I added an in-line it’s not factory correct

HalfBrit 05-05-2023 01:39 PM

Nice work!
+1 for the Eastwood flaring kit. As a certified tool junkie, I don't mind paying extra for something that gives quality results and makes the job easier.

D.B 05-05-2023 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9201871)
Tried the Eastwood brake line flairing tool for the first time to make a gas line for the 68 . Worked very well just need to get a holder clamp for the line so it doesn’t vibrate to much . I tried to replicate the oem as best I could but since I added an in-line it’s not factory correct

X2 for the Eastwood Flaring tool. I use mine making up brake and fuel line. Flares come out looking machine made.

72c20customcamper 05-05-2023 05:41 PM

I bought it last year at the Carlisle truck show . Blew a line from the master to the block on the crossmember . Couldn’t get a line with the same fittings . So I bought a roll and used the old nuts . I bought a cheap flairing tool at Napa but then I went to the Eastwood booth and the guy bent and flaired the line for me . After I did one double flair I bought the tool

zicc1835 05-05-2023 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B (Post 9201895)
X2 for the Eastwood Flaring tool. I use mine making up brake and fuel line. Flares come out looking machine made.

x3 on this tool....

1967GMCC20 05-05-2023 09:30 PM

Drove it........ to the Dollar Store.

72c20customcamper 05-06-2023 08:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New bumper came today did a test fit prior to painting it. The fit is ok not factory but not terrible I did have to shim the brackets to make it somewhat acceptable . Don’t like the gap on the ends to the grill but if I pull it in the bumper hits the fender on both sides . Right side fits better than the left. Pretty much the way the bumper stamped is off . Ordered it from Jegs It’s a Golden Star brand most likely a rebrand

yuccales 05-06-2023 09:04 PM

Heater core project done. The cables got lubed and now are very smooth. Test drove, no leaks or coolant smell. New blower motor works great. Was happy with the core. Did not have to fight with the "bales" or customize in any way. ;)

zicc1835 05-06-2023 09:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
E Brake done finally

CAMAROBOY68SS 05-06-2023 09:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Made some more progress on my bucket seat swap. Im waiting on some hog ring pliers I ordered, but got the covers onto the foam and all tied down. Also doing a little final fitment of the frames and the homemade risers to be all done with those so once I get the covers hog ringed on, they can go in for the final time.

zicc1835 05-06-2023 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS (Post 9202166)
Made some more progress on my bucket seat swap. Im waiting on some hog ring pliers I ordered, but got the covers onto the foam and all tied down. Also doing a little final fitment of the frames and the homemade risers to be all done with those so once I get the covers hog ringed on, they can go in for the final time.

that's going to be sweet

Ol Blue K20 05-07-2023 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS (Post 9202166)

Looks good