The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   66 DiBella (means of the beautiful) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=392728)

slooter 12-03-2010 11:16 AM

Re: 66 DiBella (means of the beautiful)

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 4328485)
You are dead on with your numbers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well some F%$^$#@ got a smoking deal.

Can the seller try to buy it back,or bid on it at the auction........?

Tony...........:cuss:

P/S this is mot even my deal and I'm pissed at Barrett Jackson.....:me2:

sighlurr 12-03-2010 01:08 PM

I think it's time to let this wound heal, and move on.

Everyone should be excited about DiBella and the next Steiny creation!

superflysteiny 12-03-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slooter (Post 4328519)

rules say no but i saw it happen while I was there and i will tell you they just want there money.

superflysteiny 12-03-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsigh (Post 4328676)
I think it's time to let this wound heal, and move on.

Everyone should be excited about DiBella and the next Steiny creation!

Devin is right i am over it. Not to mention 66 dibella will be 10 times the truck that second chance was and I would say that weather I sold the truck or not. I really think that the 66 will be a nicer truck and more user friendly. I loved my 67 but I can tell you it was not a great riding truck because the c notch and rear suspension were on the truck when I bought it. It rode like a pogo stick not to mention a blower motor kind of sucks on the street. Looks cool as hell but thats about it. Any way glad you guys like both creation and I am super proud of my father, uncle, waynee clevland and I for building the truck in my dads garage. I think it proves you dont have to pay 150+ to build a car or truck to have a top ride in the us. Shows will always be political but magazines seem to be very fare. ;)

superflysteiny 12-03-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slooter (Post 4328519)

Thanks tony you are funny as hell.:b69:to make all the pain go away

slooter 12-03-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 4328713)
Thanks tony you are funny as hell.:b69:to make all the pain go away

No Problem Eric........... I just hate to see guys like you get jipped.

I will have a Beer with you.............:b69: It won't make the pain go away
But I helps.......... lol lol

Tony:metal:

jbclassix 12-03-2010 04:35 PM

been there done that... sold it, got ripped off... moved on... learned from the past. how is the 66 coming? Cant wait to see the pics!

R.A.D 12-03-2010 07:36 PM

well thats all you can do keep pushin' to out due your last build. the way i see it it's not the first time you got a raw deal and unfortunately it won't be the last that is life.

keep moving forward as you can see, there are a lot of people pulling for you

superflysteiny 12-04-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.A.D (Post 4329278)
well thats all you can do keep pushin' to out due your last build. the way i see it it's not the first time you got a raw deal and unfortunately it won't be the last that is life.

keep moving forward as you can see, there are a lot of people pulling for you

For sure
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 12-04-2010 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbclassix (Post 4328985)
been there done that... sold it, got ripped off... moved on... learned from the past. how is the 66 coming? Cant wait to see the pics!

Just waiting for the cab to come back from the stripper and sealer. Should have it back next week
Posted via Mobile Device

Jacfourteen 12-04-2010 04:34 AM

I was moving some stuff around the other day in my bedroom and found the street trucks mag with 2nd chance on the cover and was telling my wife about your builds and how you have Bob Grant's Kustoms doing work on your 66. She asked me if I know who that is and I told her the name was familiar from mags, then she told me "that's Tracy's husband". My wife has known his wife forever (Tracy was her babysitter when she was a kid), and Tracy fitted me for my tux when I went to prom in HS. So then I realized I met Bob a few times, when I went to their old house to fix their well pump (used to service them). Just figured I'd tell the story, guess its a small world (or small town in my case :lol:). Anyways can't wait for you to get it back so we can see some more progress. I hope you get it done by show season so I can see it around.

superflysteiny 12-04-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacfourteen (Post 4330123)
I was moving some stuff around the other day in my bedroom and found the street trucks mag with 2nd chance on the cover and was telling my wife about your builds and how you have Bob Grant's Kustoms doing work on your 66. She asked me if I know who that is and I told her the name was familiar from mags, then she told me "that's Tracy's husband". My wife has known his wife forever (Tracy was her babysitter when she was a kid), and Tracy fitted me for my tux when I went to prom in HS. So then I realized I met Bob a few times, when I went to their old house to fix their well pump (used to service them). Just figured I'd tell the story, guess its a small world (or small town in my case :lol:). Anyways can't wait for you to get it back so we can see some more progress. I hope you get it done by show season so I can see it around.

Thanks for the story you are right it is a small world. Bob is a super nice guy. Very soft spoken guy and very good at what he does.
Posted via Mobile Device

kyull67 12-05-2010 12:26 PM

WOW! Another great build. Can't wait to see the '40 painted also!

superflysteiny 12-05-2010 12:30 PM

My buddy from Indiana owns a shop called Jasada speed shop. He will be painting it. Ppg wants it for sema just need to come up with the 25000 for the motor.
Posted via Mobile Device

greystoke 12-05-2010 03:43 PM

man I'd loan it to you but I would have to come up with $24,800....that's a lot for a motor

superflysteiny 12-05-2010 04:41 PM

Not when you are talking about a 600 cubic inch blown ford boss motor. The whipple 4.0 with intercooler injection is 8000, heads are 8000 and the the block is 2500, it adds up real quick. Sure a chevy big block could be built for 20000 but every one has a chevy not everyone has a blown boss. This ford should make top 100 in the country if I do it right
Posted via Mobile Device

R.A.D 12-05-2010 08:01 PM

well your a dentist how many implants do you have to do? lol

Ipaintgrt 12-06-2010 06:19 AM

Your plans for your 66 is to put a ford in it? Isn't that sacrilege? Defined:The violation or profanation of anything sacred or held sacred? I would think you could come up with a cool chevy engine, but put a twist on it with some Hemi heads or 4 valve per cylinder or something exotic like that, rather than go with a ford in your chevy. No offense, I really admire your work. Scott

68jewel 12-06-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipaintgrt (Post 4333929)
Your plans for your 66 is to put a ford in it? Isn't that sacrilege? Defined:The violation or profanation of anything sacred or held sacred? I would think you could come up with a cool chevy engine, but put a twist on it with some Hemi heads or 4 valve per cylinder or something exotic like that, rather than go with a ford in your chevy. No offense, I really admire your work. Scott

Yeah, I'd like to know the reasoning behind this as well. Just curious though, no disrespect.

jonzcustomshop 12-06-2010 10:52 AM

what about one of those new repro 409's ?
although even if you put a ford in it we are still way ahead of the game, there are a ton of fords out there with sbc in 'em:lol:

superflysteiny 12-06-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.A.D (Post 4332995)
well your a dentist how many implants do you have to do? lol

15implants lol

superflysteiny 12-06-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipaintgrt (Post 4333929)

no sorry the guts are talking about my 1940 ford coupe deluxe

superflysteiny 12-06-2010 01:36 PM

Just to clear somethings up I would never put a ford motor in my chevy truck. The 66 is getting a built 350. My 1940 ford is getting the blown 600 cubic inch boss. I would never put a chevy in a ford and I would never put a ford in a chevy. Sorry for all the confussion.:uhmk:

youngrodder 12-06-2010 01:48 PM

I was following along.....Make sense to me. Ford in a ford. Chevy in a Chevy. Did I miss pictures of your 40 Ford? I have always wanted a 48 Ford Coupe slammed way down on air.

Keep up the drillin and filling in order to keep the progress coming.....

Marc

superflysteiny 12-06-2010 02:28 PM

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...y/chevy170.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...y/chevy165.jpg
http://http://i1005.photobucket.com/...y/chevy166.jpg