The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=729469)

Ol Blue K20 04-30-2019 01:17 PM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrenchbender Ret (Post 8516585)
I just bought this one. It is original with 35,000 miles.
George

Wow!

Ol Blue K20 04-30-2019 01:21 PM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 8516690)
Joe, I was thinking the doors had been replaced, but not really sure. Of the Supers I’ve seen centered, I’ve always assumed they were owner misplacements on a non-Super that was being “upgraded” - until I saw the above one, which looks pretty original to me. But it’s so hard to tell. These trucks are old enough to have different patina on different replaced panels over the years. Makes me want to dig thru the “Janesville Files”.... (little known 70’s show with a private investigator that drove Chevy trucks instead of Firebirds, he went around the country solving VIN and SPID mysteries :)).

That could be a new show on motor trend..I know I would watch.

Joesjunk 04-30-2019 03:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here’s a 72 Super C-30 I picked up, big block and buckets. Very dry Nevada truck.

Ol Blue K20 04-30-2019 04:49 PM

That's really nice Joe. Kinda unusual to have such a nice work truck.

Bones72Super 04-30-2019 07:54 PM

Super nice work truck!! That's a Cowboy Cadillac

Nice find Joe!

jocko 04-30-2019 07:57 PM

NICE Joe! Congrats!

72 tigger 04-30-2019 09:57 PM

Nice C30 Joe! Was it always a flatbed? Camper originally?

Joesjunk 05-01-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 8516973)
Nice C30 Joe! Was it always a flatbed? Camper originally?

It was originally a Camper

JQ-72 05-03-2019 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joesjunk (Post 8516141)
Just my opinion, but I would bet those fenders have been changed. Janesville did center the “deluxe” emblem, but I have never seen a “super” centered before. Now I am always open to learning something new though...

Here's a picture of the back side of the fender. The over spray on the inside of the fenders matches the rest of the faded paint. Again, one owner - supposedly untouched truck. Notice the emblem mounting - the Cheyenne emblem has the push in snap retainers but the Super emblem has the speed nuts!

BlazerBill 05-03-2019 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s a picture of the old location of the Chevy dealership, In Sunnyvale Ca.Long gone, now another strip mall. Joe maybe you can open your own dealership soon!
B.B.

Steeveedee 05-03-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazerBill (Post 8518938)
Here’s a picture of the old location of the Chevy dealership, In Sunnyvale Ca.Long gone, now another strip mall. Joe maybe you can open your own dealership soon!
B.B.

Is there something X-Rated on the right rear wheel of that white car? Why is it fuzzed out?

DosLocos 06-02-2019 09:16 AM

4 Attachment(s)
K20,

undertaker72 06-02-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DosLocos (Post 8535521)
K20,

Nice truck did that come out of Arizona I seen one like that one last fall

DosLocos 06-03-2019 07:31 AM

I got it out of NM, the previous owner did tell me it came from Arizona.

Already Gone 08-13-2019 01:36 PM

Time fora bump on this thread !!

67C10Step 08-13-2019 02:59 PM

I am glad to see that short stepside super. From the ages of 16-23 I had a short stepside that I didn't know what I had until after I sold it. Needed a bunch of work but I drove that sucker through high school and college. I never thought twice about jumping in it and heading out down the road.

Mine was probably put together about the same time and by someone with similar tastes as the one posted above. The tail lights on mine were from a 1970 Kingwood station wagon and installed in the steps as well. Gotta dig out my photo album soon and scan a few old photos.

jaded64chev 09-10-2019 02:44 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

solospeedshop 09-10-2019 03:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
HERE HUGO! Bill @ Solo Speed Shop

Chevyland 09-10-2019 04:40 PM

Bill,
Definitely one of the best originals out there.
You know how to get ahold of me once you downsize

:chevy:Eric:chevy:

solospeedshop 09-10-2019 05:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Eric Tks! I bought this truck in 92 from Lubbock TX, 27 Yrs ago I'm getting it off a Hauler & one of my best buddies pull up Crying like a lil Baby You have Two BB Supers let me have it let me have it So I let him have it! He kept it for about 18 years then sold to another good friend of mine in OR He calls me up about 3 years ago and says I want your Orange 4X4 Okay give me Some $$$$ and the Super back! That's how I got it back I really missed the 4x4 as I have a second home up in the woods well as you know I just found a killer SB 4x4 now I'm Happy Tks Bill I just got my medicare card so I will be down sizing soon! We will talk!

Wrenchbender Ret 09-10-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joesjunk (Post 8516663)
Wow, that looks like a nice one! Original paint?

Most of the paint is original. I have the original wheels & hubcaps. It has a/c 350 engine & posi. I am the third owner. I have the original title. The po. got it back from the state after he registered it.
George

Already Gone 11-17-2019 02:58 PM

This thread needs a bump..

Linz 11-17-2019 07:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I agree this is a great thread. I had mine out the other day but it didn’t last long before Mother Nature drove it back inside. I have freshened up the interior since I originally posted in this thread.

Already Gone 11-17-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linz (Post 8628752)
I agree this is a great thread. I had mine out the other day but it didn’t last long before Mother Nature drove it back inside. I have freshened up the interior since I originally posted in this thread.

Wow, pretty much my unicorn truck being a Super in the bronze/white 2 tone..

Chevyland 11-17-2019 11:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
/\/\