The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Soon to be Crewcab Dually (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=577292)

RockTonka 04-25-2013 11:45 PM

Re: Soon to be Crewcab Dually

is it done yet??

Dinos63 04-26-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B63Zombie (Post 6033322)
Hopefully I get to see this one before you sell it. Was hoping to see the dually at Del Mar, but still just as good seeing the Pro Street.

thanks kat
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 6033328)
I am TOTALLY on board for this!!!
Let's go already!

thanks modge i am going to hit you up for some of you machined knobs
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr69burb (Post 6033457)
Can't wait to see this truck come together! Its gonna be awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1963c-10 (Post 6033555)
Very cool looking truck...I'll be following this build as well. Just out of curiosity, what options does it have? I see the power brakes & deluxe heater. Does it have factory guages?

it came plain jane has a heater, rare flasher,and someone added pwb
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazooka (Post 6033701)
This is going to be insane. So cool!

Are you keeping this a long bed or going with a short bed?

thanks !yeah it will be a long bed
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6033720)
Subscribed!
Along for the ride.
Wish I could make it down for the Porter build drop member how too next month.

Gonna be long and low.

thanks bomp wish you lived next door:lol::lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 6033833)
WOW !!!

Welcome to the New Season of:

"DINO builds another BAD A$$ TRUCK !!!"

:lol::lol: thanks jon
Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyDuncan (Post 6033844)
That yellow is gonna look good! Now we can stop disrupting your other build threads.;)

... I'm trying to keep track.

The panel wagon
The pro street truck
The clean blue shortbed
...and THIS dually

...did I get it right?
Posted via Mobile Device

:lol::lol:yup thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6033859)
Needless to Say...SUBSCRIBED!!!

:metal::metal:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 82swb (Post 6034144)
So bad a$$! Count me in! I'm curious though, what did you do with the chassis from grey goose and that bbw cab you got from delmo?
Posted via Mobile Device

kept the bbw cab and sold the truck to a buddy who now caught disease:lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truck Guy99 (Post 6034163)
Is that on a dodge frame or wheels?

yup those are going quick!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by C/10 King (Post 6034174)
Very cool Dino, I just picked up a very clean 63' grill last weekend, if you need it for your build it's yours!!!! :chevy:

thanks brotha! i have one already to be chromed
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawno72 (Post 6034186)
sUB'D

:metal::metal:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6034334)
Oh yeah, I'm in too! Hopefully there are still more 60- 66 out there for when I want to build another one lol. I showed my uncle in az my project and now he wants to buy 60-66 trucks and send them to me to fix up and sell....could be fun but def don't have the room....maybe when I buy my house with a huge garage! Looking forward to this one though I loved the dually myself.:chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

duude move to az :lol::lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by theastronaut (Post 6034373)
Dino keeps getting better at making the rest of us look lazy!:lol:

:lol::lol: thanks kat your work inspires many of us
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLOE65 (Post 6034374)
you are loco! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

oh yeah!!

Dinos63 04-26-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterC (Post 6034501)
Watching these builds is like a reverse game of Limbo. The bar just keeps getting set higher and higher!

:lol::lol: very cool thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6034846)
allright... here we go, bout time for page 2.

:lol::lol: nice clem
:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotcar (Post 6034858)
DINO...new drawing on the way...will be framed in black. whimpy

brotha very cool!! thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockTonka (Post 6035143)
is it done yet??

:lol::lol: i have super garage envy;)

azdude1964 04-26-2013 12:33 AM

dino thanks for posting all of your builds on here it is so cool to see your trucks turn out so clean and you and buddy make it look easy. please post a parts list in the end. i would like to do a dually myself. thanks again . azdude

Dinos63 04-26-2013 12:45 AM

next month (25th ) broey trucks will be at my house for a project to install p/b newest 55-59 complete front and rear set up. He is calling it one and done , we are going to tear the truck down and install the kit in one day (one and done) nate and i pretty sure mr delmo him self will be there and any of the other board members are welcome come and help, street trucks will be there doing a cool tech article , i will post up more info on this soon

Back to my c/cd i have been getting parts order and having parts made and was thinking of leaving the truck complete till after broeys build but i cant wait so this weekend i will start the tear down:metal:

Dinos63 04-26-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azdude1964 (Post 6035235)
dino thanks for posting all of your builds on here it is so cool to see your trucks turn out so clean and you and buddy make it look easy. please post a parts list in the end. i would like to do a dually myself. thanks again . azdude

very cool, yeah i will :metal:

dbomb53 04-26-2013 12:55 AM

Too cool!
Posted via Mobile Device

64longbed 04-26-2013 01:26 AM

I'm in, sounds freaking cool!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

likaroc13 04-26-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyDuncan (Post 6033844)
That yellow is gonna look good! Now we can stop disrupting your other build threads.;)

... I'm trying to keep track.

The panel wagon
The pro street truck
The clean blue shortbed
...and THIS dually

...did I get it right?
Posted via Mobile Device

You missed the '61 green crew cab (previously pictured), '66 GMC Suburban, & '64 dually he just sold...those were more detailed builds...but if you do a search, you'll come across threads with countless others he's wheeled & dealed along the way.

I wouldn't wish bad things upon anyone's health, but we're fortunate Dino's a sick, sick man. It's a '60-66 disease like none other I've ever seen! While many of us share the same sickness on a smaller scale, in a strange way I think we all look up to him & say, "I wanna be just as sick as Dino someday." And here's to praying he never recovers! :lol:

Looking forward to this build! :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

jonzcustomshop 04-26-2013 08:09 AM

will be watching, thanks for that shot of the inner roof!
hope to see more c/c specific shots as the build progresses...

Novalicious 04-26-2013 08:44 AM

I'm in.....

TommyDuncan 04-26-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6035287)
You missed the '61 green crew cab (previously pictured), '66 GMC Suburban, & '64 dually he just sold...those were more detailed builds...but if you do a search, you'll come across threads with countless others he's wheeled & dealed along the way.

I was just trying to keep track of the trucks he still owns!:lol:
I've seen most of his builds in the short time I've been on here. I start out reading everyones build threads but I lose interest in some. After reading one of Dino's you have to read them all. He's really got these trucks down to a science but at the same time his rigs are all different.
His builds have certainly inspired the ideas I have for mine, yet I will still do my own thing:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

ThreeQtr 04-26-2013 09:08 AM

Cool build plans, but why not keep it three qtr to make it a heavy duty tow rig for your other builds? :uhmk:
Either way I'll be watching. :mm:

chevyrestoguy 04-26-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 6035248)
next month (25th ) broey trucks will be at my house for a project to install p/b newest 55-59 complete front and rear set up. He is calling it one and done , we are going to tear the truck down and install the kit in one day (one and done) nate and i pretty sure mr delmo him self will be there and any of the other board members are welcome come and help, street trucks will be there doing a cool tech article , i will post up more info on this soon...

That right there is what our hobby is all about!! There's nothing better than wrenching with your friends, having a good laugh, and helping somebody out. With that team you've assembled, I have no doubt that you guys can nail out Broey's truck in one day. It's going to be a full day, but you guys will get it done. I wish I was closer because that sounds like a lot of fun.
Alex

Dinos63 04-26-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbomb53 (Post 6035265)
Too cool!
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks kat!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 64longbed (Post 6035284)
I'm in, sounds freaking cool!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

:metal:
Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6035287)

I wouldn't wish bad things upon anyone's health, but we're fortunate Dino's a sick, sick man. It's a '60-66 disease like none other I've ever seen! While many of us share the same sickness on a smaller scale, in a strange way I think we all look up to him & say, "I wanna be just as sick as Dino someday." And here's to praying he never recovers! :lol:

Looking forward to this build! :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

:lol::lol: very nice!
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop (Post 6035449)
will be watching, thanks for that shot of the inner roof!
hope to see more c/c specific shots as the build progresses...

jon i alway kept in mind that photo shop you did
Quote:

Originally Posted by Novalicious (Post 6035485)
I'm in.....

:metal:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyDuncan (Post 6035513)
I was just trying to keep track of the trucks he still owns!:lol:
I've seen most of his builds in the short time I've been on here. I start out reading everyones build threads but I lose interest in some. After reading one of Dino's you have to read them all. He's really got these trucks down to a science but at the same time his rigs are all different.
His builds have certainly inspired the ideas I have for mine, yet I will still do my own thing:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

very cool thanks kat
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreeQtr (Post 6035517)
Cool build plans, but why not keep it three qtr to make it a heavy duty tow rig for your other builds? :uhmk:
Either way I'll be watching. :mm:

it will stay 3/4 ton like my dually was
Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy (Post 6035633)
That right there is what our hobby is all about!! There's nothing better than wrenching with your friends, having a good laugh, and helping somebody out. With that team you've assembled, I have no doubt that you guys can nail out Broey's truck in one day. It's going to be a full day, but you guys will get it done. I wish I was closer because that sounds like a lot of fun.
Alex

very cool,alex dang wish you could make it

Bomp 04-26-2013 01:35 PM

Man I wish I could be there to see the install. Really, be great to see all that talent in one area.

One thing...,,,.,,.... Someone ought to be videoing (filming) while the install is going on,,,,,,,,,maybe even "mini interviews" and showing off members trucks.

That way us unfortunate members get a peek at greatness.
Pictures are great and all but,,,,,,ah,,,.,... you know me........video

More bad news:
Unable to live next to ya Dino at this point in time.........The commute to work would be too much for Bomp.:(

greg65 04-26-2013 08:18 PM

Here for the party. Subscribed
Posted via Mobile Device

broey 04-26-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6035998)
Man I wish I could be there to see the install. Really, be great to see all that talent in one area.

One thing...,,,.,,.... Someone ought to be videoing (filming) while the install is going on,,,,,,,,,maybe even "mini interviews" and showing off members trucks.

That way us unfortunate members get a peek at greatness.
Pictures are great and all but,,,,,,ah,,,.,... you know me........video

More bad news:
Unable to live next to ya Dino at this point in time.........The commute to work would be too much for Bomp.:(

hey dude! thanks for the interest in the party!!

I am working some different options for party coverage, however since street trucks magazine will be covering the event Im not really sure how much we can show.. I have a few ideas in the works right now and will update the party thread with more info as I have it

here is a link to the Party thread

One & Done. The Porterbuilt install party

Bomp 04-26-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broey (Post 6036762)
hey dude! thanks for the interest in the party!!

I am working some different options for party coverage, however since street trucks magazine will be covering the event Im not really sure how much we can show.. I have a few ideas in the works right now and will update the party thread with more info as I have it

here is a link to the Party thread

One & Done. The Porterbuilt install party

I will have to keep my eye out for the story in Street Trucks magazine.
There's probably exclusive rights and all that legal stuff.

Sounds like it will be a really cool event.
Thanks for getting it all organized and I'll keep an eye out.:metal:

jonzcustomshop 04-27-2013 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 6035745)

jon i alway kept in mind that photo shop you did

thats really cool!
I wanted to do one, but for now I will have to settle for watching you do one!:lol:

I never mentioned it , but the one thing I thought your dually build needed was a crew cab!

Gmforce 04-27-2013 10:49 AM

I"m in.... of course..like most everyone else has already mentioned..You are the force that helps drive many ( or all ) of us to acheive greatness on our own stuff and the info on these pages is unprecedented in achieving said greatness...Thanks to you everyone here for all of the enginering and building information to make it easier, better and safer to acomplish our own feets of greatness in our quest for awesome rides....

I love crew cabs:lol:

Think I wanna built a bomp stretch cab dually someday LOL... :thumbs:

hotcar 04-27-2013 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New enlarge picture!

Preacherman5555 04-27-2013 01:22 PM

Nice, look forward to seeing it.

Preacherman5555 04-27-2013 01:26 PM

you having the trim made custom? would like to trim my crew cab.

luifer76 04-27-2013 02:30 PM

Subscribed!