The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Other Membership tiers revisited. Please read, thanks. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=732092)

Liz 04-05-2017 12:11 PM

Re: Membership tiers revisited. Please read, thanks.

TTT as we are still having confusion on this topic.

CG 04-09-2017 10:22 AM

I'll say =)

specialtyretail 04-09-2017 11:22 AM

I consider it money well spent.

w314speed 04-09-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 7880138)
I will look at it for you. The tiers have been in place since 2009

How many of my 2017 posts in 136 months are for sale posts. Are the total posts for members sales posts or all posts? Thanks, Dan

cypressbog 04-11-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w314speed (Post 7910944)
How many of my 2017 posts in 136 months are for sale posts. Are the total posts for members sales posts or all posts? Thanks, Dan

I think the rules state if a member is selling more than just left overs or parts they intended to use and changed their minds that they should up their tier level.

Thank you to all those that stepped up to the plate to help keep this board running as smooth as it does.

On another note, we are seeing some members that might/could up their tier level based upon what we see on the parts board. I wonder if they haven't seen this post and the sticky at the top, or if they are waiting to be asked to increase their tier level?

w314speed 04-11-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cypressbog (Post 7912840)
I think the rules state if a member is selling more than just left overs or parts they intended to use and changed their minds that they should up their tier level.

Thank you to all those that stepped up to the plate to help keep this board running as smooth as it does.

On another note, we are seeing some members that might/could up their tier level based upon what we see on the parts board. I wonder if they haven't seen this post and the sticky at the top, or if they are waiting to be asked to increase their tier level?

I made the question to LIZ, as I was looking for answers! Let me share my frustration about this issue. I will preference this, that I will upgrade to high octane, when my premium membership expires in June. I see board members with 12K and 15K posts as premium members. Is this misleading or should the sales only threads be listed, instead of total! Where can members get a break down on sold, replies, questions, or how many puppies in the litter, so that one can determine the proper tier level? The guidance
that I have read in this post is left over USED parts and 48 sale of 50 posts in 3 months. I have sold my last truck in Oct 2016. I have 99 % NOS parts and collected for 3 trucks over 30+ years, and I am not a business vendor. So where do I fit in the tier descriptions. I did have to pay for the NOS parts and dearly for some, but members judge on sold dollars and not net dollars.

Track sold posts tier on premium members and have mandatory upgrade to high octane tier. Self police is like getting keys to Dad's Corvette, you crank it up and never look back until you run out of gas, as you don't know where you have been! In fairness, I will be responding to WTB threads until my June upgrade. Thanks for hearing me out. See you then!

CG 04-12-2017 02:19 AM

Im no expert on how to track stuff. But for instance If I click on your name w314speed and go to your public profile and then go to statistics and find all threads started by w314speed and open it I can see the last 200 threads you have started. Dunno why it doesn't go back any further? Not all, but the majority are for things you are selling. Some WTB sprinkled in there and I think a few posts in the 4x4 area.

Now Im one of those premium member guys (have always been, that has been a board member for 15 years) 12.5K posts you mentioned. I checked my last 200 posts started by me, no for sales and two WTB. Over the years I have sold a few things here and there, my guess is less than ten things. Mostly I just blab and learn haha.

This isn't some big corporate site. I think the rules are if you are using the board to make some dough, selling a lot of stuff, just step up a little to help the board out that gives you a giant market place.

too much stuff 04-12-2017 08:23 AM

I haven't noticed it as bad here as on the 73-87 side.

countr 04-12-2017 09:13 AM

I am not selling to make money, only when I buy something I should have not bought or I change my mind. most of what I buy I lose money on. with that being said and because this is such a good site for communicating, buying and selling and finding friends! My opinion is to change the requirements to (IF YOU SELL YOU UPGRADE). the cost is minimal and the exposure is huge for what you are selling. if someone only has one or two items to sell I am sure a selling member would help them out. I am upgrading my status even though I think I only sold about 10 items. Thanks Russ

w314speed 04-12-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7913476)
Im no expert on how to track stuff. But for instance If I click on your name w314speed and go to your public profile and then go to statistics and find all threads started by w314speed and open it I can see the last 200 threads you have started. Dunno why it doesn't go back any further? Not all, but the majority are for things you are selling. Some WTB sprinkled in there and I think a few posts in the 4x4 area.

Now Im one of those premium member guys (have always been, that has been a board member for 15 years) 12.5K posts you mentioned. I checked my last 200 posts started by me, no for sales and two WTB. Over the years I have sold a few things here and there, my guess is less than ten things. Mostly I just blab and learn haha.

This isn't some big corporate site. I think the rules are if you are using the board to make some dough, selling a lot of stuff, just step up a little to help the board out that gives you a giant market place.

I appreciate your tutorial to get to some information as I am not very computer savvy. My sales were in the premium level for 11 years until I sold last project in Oct, but we must move on. Sorry about the reference to your posts, but without your tutorial it looks like some members were in a glass house. Consider removing the total posts clicker and go to member profile for statistics for member "need to know" information. Thanks for you time and I have always supported this wonderful site. Dan

Jeff's bowtie's 04-12-2017 10:09 AM

I just renewed my premium membership in March and I'm not sure if high-octane membership is where I need to be but I'm willing to upgrade to high-octane membership I sent Josh an email on April 7 asking how to go about upgrading since I've already paid the 25 dollars for the premium membership and have yet to hear back from him so if he would let me know if I can just pay the $105 difference because of paying $25 in March for a total of $130.00 or do I pay the $130.00 and lose the $25.00 I don't mind paying to support this site thanks Jeff

richard2717 04-12-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff's bowtie's (Post 7913611)
I just renewed my premium membership in March and I'm not sure if high-octane membership is where I need to be but I'm willing to upgrade to high-octane membership I sent Josh an email on April 7 asking how to go about upgrading since I've already paid the 25 dollars for the premium membership and have yet to hear back from him so if he would let me know if I can just pay the $105 difference because of paying $25 in March for a total of $130.00 or do I pay the $130.00 and lose the $25.00 I don't mind paying to support this site thanks Jeff

Jeff
It wasn't even 30 days for me renewing my premium when I happened across a buyout. Knowing I should upgrade I sent Josh an email asking the same thing. Did not get a response (I am sure they are pretty busy) so I just went ahead and paid the whole $130 for the year. Josh did send me an email later on saying he extended my octane a bit longer then the year to make up the $25 I had just paid.

I feel I have sold enough on here that the $130 should not even be a question for me. I don't know of anywhere else I can go and get the exposure this site has so the $130 is just a drop in the bucket for the potential sales.

Richard

maxx442 04-12-2017 07:31 PM

So why do several people who only seem to sell for profit, as well as fabricate items to sell, only have Premium memberships instead of High Octane? Kind of hard to justify paying for a membership to sell one or two items when there are those who list dozens of item paying the same membership level.

specialtyretail 04-12-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxx442 (Post 7914109)
So why do several people who only seem to sell for profit, as well as fabricate items to sell, only have Premium memberships instead of High Octane? Kind of hard to justify paying for a membership to sell one or two items when there are those who list dozens of item paying the same membership level.

Sometimes we just do what is the right thing to do,, doesn't have to be a big reason or explaination,, it is just the right thing to do. I have benefited financially and gained knowledge here on this forum. I have also met some great people I would not have otherwise met. Justification, that is inside yourself. I think the mods here do a hell of a job and most of us would still be looking at our half finished projects and/or piles of parts that we cannot find a market for if not for the service,, yes, I said SERVICE, they provide us by keeping this thing up and going. OK,, I am done,,