The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Site Feedback and Announcements (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Inappropriate ads not funny at all please REMOVE (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=851077)

72c20customcamper 03-03-2024 10:23 PM

Re: Inappropriate ads not funny at all please REMOVE

1 Attachment(s)
Getting worse . This is the only forum I’m getting these on . Starting to crowd out the posts

Josh 03-03-2024 10:35 PM

I've found and disabled them in the control console. If they persist please let me know and I will make additional changes

a1vintage69 03-03-2024 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (Post 9292897)
I've found and disabled them in the control console. If they persist please let me know and I will make additional changes

Thank you Josh! These ads are no longer taking up 1/3 of the page of posts at the top and are now at the bottom of the page. that's fine with me.:chevy:

too much stuff 03-04-2024 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (Post 9292897)

Seems back to normal today. Thanks Josh.

richard2717 03-04-2024 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I clicked on the email link just now for subscribed threads which I normally don't do and it brought me to the site as not logged in and this is what shows up (screen shot)

57taskforce 03-05-2024 12:32 AM

I dropped my pop up blocker to see what all the fuss is about a few minutes ago and I got an eBay add with a woman wearing a completely see thru webbed shirt. I don’t look at this kind of stuff at all. I know it’s not because of my browsing history or anything of the sort. Pop up blocker is turned back on and add free again.

LockDoc 03-05-2024 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9293226)
I dropped my pop up blocker to see what all the fuss is about a few minutes ago and I got an eBay add with a woman wearing a completely see thru webbed shirt. I don’t look at this kind of stuff at all. I know it’s not because of my browsing history or anything of the sort. Pop up blocker is turned back on and add free again.

I don't have a popup blocker but I haven't seen any of that type of ads. All I see is TEMU and all that kind of stuff....

57taskforce 03-05-2024 12:44 PM

It was weird, it was that picture, then a bunch of lamp shades and other random stuff all from eBay. I haven’t looked at anything relevant to any of that stuff. The temu ads are the same random irrelevant stuff when I used to see them, but none of the temu stuff was inappropriate just annoying.

mongocanfly 03-05-2024 08:42 PM

im getting the same trash ads to... just like Richard showed...
i know ive never looked at any of that kind of stuff
it has a ebay ad at the end.. ive clicked (ad was inappropriate) every time, and it just keeps coming back
another forum im on, im seeing the exact same ads

edit
maybe ive clicked it enough,,,,strangely i just stopped getting those,

Killer Bee 03-05-2024 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^ yep, still there and hasn't really changed much

blonde gal - wig ad
tasteless greeting cards - f'ers restaurant, barbies in bed, caveman bikini wax, etc.
dewalt cordless airhorn
random motorcycle, autoparts, etc. in between
ebay panel on the end

never been to or searched any of it and ironically, the things I do search on ebay don't appear here LoL

when I click on the ad, my recent watch searches are suggested along with a wig LoL

Attachment 2342056

not complaining, just reporting in case it helps anybody

20 years in the navy not easily offended but willing to help others

good luck!

Richard 03-06-2024 05:44 AM

The add at bottom is the most annoying. It takes up screen space. Other adds can be avoided by simply scrolling down. I have to click to go away and it comes back on next page. I know the site admins are doing their best.

LockDoc 03-06-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 9293586)
The add at bottom is the most annoying. It takes up screen space. Other adds can be avoided by simply scrolling down. I have to click to go away and it comes back on next page. I know the site admins are doing their best.

That's the one that bugs me the most too. I have to scroll the screen up to be able to post a reply.

kwmech 03-06-2024 12:20 PM

Looks like it cleared up on my end. thanks josh. it was getting really annoying

crossfire84 03-10-2024 05:46 PM

I installed Trend Micro on my computer now all pop up trash is gone, thanks josh for your help.

LT7A 03-15-2024 05:17 PM

Pretty unfortunate, the guys that jumped on the OP saying that it's what he's looking at that was bringing up offensive advertising content. Of course that algorithm is there and we all know it. Most people would recognize what they are being shown and know why. It's very unlikely that they would take the time to start a thread to ask for help. Did you consider that this is a TRUCK SITE, and that the algorithm will make all kinds of assumptions just from that alone? I would bet that the guys that weren't seeing it probably share a computer with their wives and the algorithm then knows to go in a another direction. Never underestimate the bad assumptions that are made by the rest of the world (and algorithms) about us truck guys :lol: