The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   street outlawz (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=583971)

Dieselwrencher 06-17-2013 06:56 PM

Re: street outlawz

Quote:

Originally Posted by limitedstreetoutlaw (Post 6127723)
Not here to argue about this but thought I would reply to a couple of the post.

What was you expecting YOU TUBE VIDEOS to be shown? It's a tv show shown on a national tv channel that means 1 permits witch means city knows what is going on. 2 That means local PD knows what is going on and is on location to block streets to help keep the dozen or so camera guys safe and away from harm. 3 that also explains the camera boom you saw and the construction lights on the side. I mean if there's no light you cant see what's going on. But will tell you there was no script when it came to the racing that was all legit the top 10 is took very SERIOUSLY Here in OK. Oh and they do track race every single one of them track race they just love street racing too.

They are Not daily drivers but some are drivin on the streets plenty.

Streets are not prepped. do a burn out in what ever you have VHT Pimp Juice ect. and drag it out as far as you can that's the only prep done.

I'm surprised some of these guys even wanted to be on TV. Now the PD knows who and what cars are the baddest of the bad, and this would make it easier to prosecute them. Good luck to them.

westbrookw 06-27-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limitedstreetoutlaw (Post 6127723)
Not here to argue about this but thought I would reply to a couple of the post.

What was you expecting YOU TUBE VIDEOS to be shown? It's a tv show shown on a national tv channel that means 1 permits witch means city knows what is going on. 2 That means local PD knows what is going on and is on location to block streets to help keep the dozen or so camera guys safe and away from harm. 3 that also explains the camera boom you saw and the construction lights on the side. I mean if there's no light you cant see what's going on. But will tell you there was no script when it came to the racing that was all legit the top 10 is took very SERIOUSLY Here in OK. Oh and they do track race every single one of them track race they just love street racing too.

They are Not daily drivers but some are drivin on the streets plenty.

Streets are not prepped. do a burn out in what ever you have VHT Pimp Juice ect. and drag it out as far as you can that's the only prep done.

That show is about as real as Moonshiners. Which one of these dudes is Tickle? Azn or Chuck?
Posted via Mobile Device

C20-67_N_MO 06-28-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weircc (Post 6122338)
Anyone know how that guy died

Discovery Channel has not released any information as of yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by okyankee (Post 6122391)
our ups guy stops by chucks shop also. he was told the guys wife said she was leaving him. he said he would kill himself if she did. she did, he did. but that is word of mouth and that is what I heard. someone might know if that is true or not.

But I agree it may be related to racing.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/st.../bios/flip.htm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofastnut (Post 6123387)
I love watching wild street cars, but not the loudmouths that go with them. I used to street race a fair amount. I just went to have fun. The older couple that lived at the "starting line" of our "track" used to sit out and watch us run! Then we got some loudmouth guys with some so-so fast cars....that was the beginning of the end. the ricers showed up, trashed the place, so the old couple started calling the cops.
Now no one goes there....
I'm a 20 years older, and a tiny bit wiser. I'll just go to the track now.
Reality TV is just that, SOMEONE'S reality. Seems not to be anybody's reality that we know.

Totally agree with you 100%

Most of us have done things in our youth looking back thinking...wow I'm still alive after all that crazy stuff I used to do?

The show itself is an enigma to me. While it trys to be entertaining I have to agree with most here that Street Outlaws will produce more "wannabe" racers across the country.

gofastnut 06-29-2013 02:03 PM

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I DO like stoplight to stoplight action still, just very, very rarely happens. I've got too much to lose. If I hurt myself, that would suck, but I could probably get over it. If I hurt someone else....man, I don't even want to think that way.
I still find an empty parking lot in the back of somewhere and do a burnout now and again. Mostly for me, also because my kids get a kick out of it too!

lil_sahara450r 06-29-2013 11:28 PM

I live in the heart of OK and have seen these guys around alot. I cant stand all of the BS talk on the show, but, i assume if you put a bunch of cameras around any group of guys, tempers will flare a bit. The show is going to have alot of crap pumped into it, thats what happens when you involve idiot producers...
They do support the local track (Thunder valley raceway) BIG TIME!! They keep it going and do alot of maintenence that is often overlooked. They even have their own weekend there and they run the track backwards that is really neat to go to. I gotta say, that farmtruck is pretty humorous! It's great when he pulls up to the light on a test and tune night and everybody snickers.... until the tree drops! LOL the campershell lid even pops open when the leaves the line!! and yes, I've seen the dog go down the track with him haha!!

jlaird 07-24-2013 08:50 PM

I will not watch this show and I urge you to consider doing the same. Shows like this give our whole car hobby a bad name. There are organizations out there like SEMA Action Network that are fighting for yours and my right to have and operate the vehicles we own and love. The least I can do is not support a show like this that makes their job that much harder.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jon01 07-24-2013 10:18 PM

Flip committed suicide, apparently he suffered from depression and it got to him.

I heard that they use an old airport that Discovery rents to make their passes.
There's no way the network would risk the liability they'd encounter should some unsuspecting soul pull out in front of these guys making a pass for the show.

I watch the show and will continue to do so, it's entertainment and we "car guys" make up a very small percentage of their viewers. Kinda takes me back to spending Friday/Saturday nights out till 3-4am street racing before F&F and the gangs ruined everything.

Vernski 07-25-2013 01:44 PM

It's all for the ratings no matter what show on TV, but I like the outlaws. The farmtruck & the dog is cool in my book, the rest of the show is ok and some of it is way out there. The show I don't like is fast & loud because of richard rawlings running his mouth. I don't think I've ever seen him turn a wrench or gotten greasy. I like the little bearded guy though he's ok. Of course all these shows are scripted & attempted entertainment, some better than others JMO..Vernski:uhmk:

king-918 08-30-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okyankee (Post 6122391)
our ups guy stops by chucks shop also. he was told the guys wife said she was leaving him. he said he would kill himself if she did. she did, he did. but that is word of mouth and that is what I heard. someone might know if that is true or not.

Close but true, she cheated on him before that
Posted via Mobile Device

C20-67_N_MO 08-30-2013 05:50 AM

I'd like to hand out with those boys!

Got some cool toys at least.

Vernski 08-30-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C20-67_N_MO (Post 6245317)
I'd like to hand out with those boys!

Got some cool toys at least.

Just depends on what they are handing out..Vernski:haha:

C20-67_N_MO 08-31-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlaird (Post 6188638)
I will not watch this show and I urge you to consider doing the same. Shows like this give our whole car hobby a bad name. There are organizations out there like SEMA Action Network that are fighting for yours and my right to have and operate the vehicles we own and love. The least I can do is not support a show like this that makes their job that much harder.
Posted via Mobile Device

To each their own! :smoke:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon01 (Post 6188839)
Flip committed suicide, apparently he suffered from depression and it got to him.

Oh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 6189663)
It's all for the ratings no matter what show on TV, but I like the outlaws. The farmtruck & the dog is cool in my book, the rest of the show is ok and some of it is way out there. The show I don't like is fast & loud because of richard rawlings running his mouth. I don't think I've ever seen him turn a wrench or gotten greasy. I like the little bearded guy though he's ok. Of course all these shows are scripted & attempted entertainment, some better than others JMO..Vernski:uhmk:

Totally agree! Farmtruck's whole M.O. is just great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 6245940)
Just depends on what they are handing out..Vernski:haha:

Yeah yeah! you got it! :lol::lol:

king-918 09-01-2013 11:29 PM

If you watch iron man 3 you will see a quick glimpse of the farm truck
Posted via Mobile Device

Domer 09-03-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king-918 (Post 6249261)
If you watch iron man 3 you will see a quick glimpse of the farm truck
Posted via Mobile Device

what scene would that be?

king-918 09-03-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domer (Post 6251791)
what scene would that be?

Right before the mandarin speaks
Posted via Mobile Device