The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rocker that fits (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=711884)

special-K 07-10-2016 09:37 AM

Re: Rocker that fits

I am using Key Parts/Tri-Plus (same thing) rockers instead of my highly valuable N.O.S. because they fit just fine for me in the past and are as heavy gauge as factory. Looks like you got a defective one.

tommys72 07-10-2016 11:07 AM

i sold my NOS rockers and cab corners one time when i got in a pinch...wish i wouldnt have now

GR8-68 07-10-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7648545)
I am using Key Parts/Tri-Plus (same thing) rockers instead of my highly valuable N.O.S. because they fit just fine for me in the past and are as heavy gauge as factory. Looks like you got a defective one.

Then sell me those nos rockers ;)

Nsanehotrodz 07-10-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 718jwh (Post 7648025)
Putting on new rockers on my 72 I have a Key parts rocker but it does not fit that well (see picture) anyone know a brand that fits better

Thanks
John

You have what should have been a reject outer rocker. Does that rocker have more than one sticker on it?

swamp rat 07-10-2016 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz (Post 7649114)
You have what should have been a reject outer rocker. Does that rocker have more than one sticker on it?

I can tell you mine did and i won't name the vender here

GASoline71 07-18-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp rat (Post 7648414)
I was also told that Tri-Plus and Key parts are the same, i often wondered if its possible the die press sometimes does not stamp all the way and as such does not form the bends properly? Factory reject passed on to someone? One dealer gets the crap at a discounted price?

I also had to clearance the Tri Plus inner rocker around the A pillar area. And both my Tabco and Tri Plus A pillars needed a lot of persuasion to get aligned.

I have seen and subscribed to a thread showing all the cab corners stacked on top of each other and it looked like the Tabco was the best, i'm still undecided on the outer rockers tho.

Same here. I know these are overseas stampings and we're all fixing 40+ year old rusted tweaked out cabs. I also know I expect to have to a little 'massaging" of the patch panels in some areas. I didn't expect them to be a direct weld in, but I've had to do more work than I thought I was going to have to for these panels to fit correctly.

Gary

718jwh 07-18-2016 10:52 AM

only one sticker on the rocker got it from LMC, I ordered the Tabco and it should be here today, I will let you know how it fits.

John

718jwh 07-18-2016 05:30 PM

Got the Tabco rocker, although it fits a little better in the problem area it fits badly in all other areas in fact it is a 1/2" shorter when measured from the top of the weatherstrip lip to bottom of rocker which makes the inner rocker not fit in the lip so I guess I will use the Key parts rocker. Thanks everyone for the input.
John

GASoline71 03-28-2017 02:08 PM

Bringing this one back up as I'm in the same boat still. Too bad about the Tabco not fitting well. I am going to buy another rocker soon, and was going to try the Tabco. Oh well. Eventually I will get one that fits well enough to make work.

Gary