The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Interesting truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746630)

indymachinist 09-15-2017 03:55 PM

Re: Interesting truck

Its not for me, but its the kind of thing I appreciate checking out all the little touches at a car meet.

Also, I see things like this as the perfect use for cabs, beds, and bodies that a lot of people here would call "junk." I would rather see the parts used like this than scrapped.

Alex V. 09-15-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indymachinist (Post 8040366)
Also, I see things like this as the perfect use for cabs, beds, and bodies that a lot of people here would call "junk." I would rather see the parts used like this than scrapped.

X2

Mad Max meets the tanker hijack truck from Fast & Furious 4.

bill3rail 09-15-2017 07:31 PM

Nice work there. Not my taste, but nice work. Is someone saving these pictures for posterity? I do not know where to save them to because Photofuggit screwed every one of us.

Bill

Leonard60 09-15-2017 07:39 PM

Eclectic I guess.

special-K 09-15-2017 10:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 8040217)
I guess I agree and disagree with some of the posts, not that that matters though. I lean more to the side of this isn't my impression of a rat rod. It's a custom movement that takes a rat rod several steps further. As if George Barris had a kid with Mrs Munster. Kinda. Having said that, the Munster-mobiles were indeed high end Barris "Customs" but by no means rat rods. I see cars (or trucks) like the one posted as much more a far out Custom with rust than a rat rod. To me (and this is just me), a rat rod is a 32 hi-boy that hasn't been painted and has no chrome on the motor. Something I'd love to tinker with.

You just described a jalopy.

The truck is just an ornament now when it could actually still be a very useful work horse, even with rust. They don't all have to be show vehicles. It's a cool piece of rolling artistic expression heavily influenced by the current rat rod trend. If it's not a rat rod then we need to come up with a name for all these vehicles I see like this. Rat rod works for me, which is a type of custom but certainly in a totally different category than what I know as a custom truck. These days what we mostly see are mild customs, in the body department, with everything else heavily customized. The early customs were all about body alterations. These are full customs of today with body mods. Also not my cup of coffee, but can usually appreciate the work:

custom10nut 09-15-2017 11:38 PM

I'm guessing the guy wants $6000 for his "Artistic Effort".:smoke:

ratty69 09-15-2017 11:46 PM

Maybe not my style, but I can definitely appreciate the effort that went into visualizing and building it. He's lucky he lives in a jurisdiction where he can drive it.

You couldn't register it where I live, or if you somehow did EVERY cop that saw you would pull you over...

Coley 09-16-2017 02:44 PM

....wow, that is great.
It may not be everyone's idea of a 'daily driver' but I think anyone who puts that much creativity and effort into a vehicle deserves extra points.
Very cool and that will get 10 times the attention of another bright paint job truck beside it.
Good the guy....hope it gets a bidding war and gets some extra bucks for his effort.

All Good
Coley

weim55 09-17-2017 01:21 AM

To each his own.. but, um... no. thanks. There's a crooked line between rat rod and rolling roach. But hey, but if someone digs it and wants it more power to 'em.........

Steve weim55 Colorado

CG 09-17-2017 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Over all I don't like these style of builds. But like others have said, sometimes you can find a touch here or there that could be made to look good on a "normal" type build.

cypressbog 09-18-2017 04:35 PM

I like it. Every time I look at it, I see something new.

In The Ten Ring 09-18-2017 07:47 PM

This guy may have been a member of the band GWAR.....or at least a roadie.

:lol:

It would have to draw a crowd where ever it went.....lots of questions and lots of enthusiasts.

*GWAR lead singer for those that don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FfdFV5v2Nk

bill3rail 09-18-2017 08:05 PM

What an oddball reference!!!! And I remember Gwar so I never clicked on the link!

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring (Post 8042499)

It would have to draw a crowd where ever it went.....lots of questions and lots of enthusiasts.

70cst 09-18-2017 09:41 PM

I luv creativity. Being able to think outside the box. Not for me but it is cool. :metal::metal:

midniteblues 09-18-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring (Post 8042499)

That's a good one,
gwar puts as much creativity into their performance as this fella' put into this truck.
Not for everyone but only too some of us who catch the humor and actually enjoy the music.

I could see the whole crew thrashing this ride across our so called pathetic planet on their way too continue the efforts on enslaving the human race.

Of course they would have too use it too tow the human meat grinder along with.:mm: