The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   crappy products (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=850968)

weq92f 03-08-2024 02:23 PM

Re: crappy products

1 Attachment(s)

My repair lasted until today. Broke again just now...

Don't know what to do at this point as this apparently disposable 700 dollar dell laptop is just going to keep breaking again and again.

-klb

weq92f 03-08-2024 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

A close up of the carnage. The hinge separates from the panel and breaks it in the process. Not covered under warranty.

-klb

Tom 03-08-2024 06:45 PM

I buy new computer stuff when the old stuff stops working. I keep using whatever windows came on them until again, the computer stops working. Still have my laptop from 2013, works fine. Updates don't happen. Literally nothing is an "upgrade" in my world, they are just replacements from need.

LockDoc 03-08-2024 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weq92f (Post 9294184)

A close up of the carnage. The hinge separates from the panel and breaks it in the process. Not covered under warranty.

-klb

I just put a replacement screen and top cover on my old one today. Are the screws missing that hold the hinges to the main frame? I can't imagine them pulling out unless the screen assembly opens really hard.

weq92f 03-09-2024 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9294237)
I just put a replacement screen and top cover on my old one today. Are the screws missing that hold the hinges to the main frame? I can't imagine them pulling out unless the screen assembly opens really hard.

The hinges are screwed to the main chassis but are GLUED to the display panel. When the GLUE lets go, the hinge assembly is forcefully smashed through parts of the plastic panel cover which then causes the actual panel, the glass screen, to break. Doesn't always break, but depending on exactly what the user is doing when the GLUE gives way, the panel will get broken some percentage of the time.

It is simply bad/cheap design.

-klb

LockDoc 03-09-2024 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weq92f (Post 9294415)
The hinges are screwed to the main chassis but are GLUED to the display panel. When the GLUE lets go, the hinge assembly is forcefully smashed through parts of the plastic panel cover which then causes the actual panel, the glass screen, to break. Doesn't always break, but depending on exactly what the user is doing when the GLUE gives way, the panel will get broken some percentage of the time.

It is simply bad/cheap design.

-klb

OK, I see now. I thought it was breaking on the other end.