The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   New project! The "Red Herring" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=642366)

99 to Life 01-07-2019 10:40 AM

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

nice, just one of those things that add time to the build that most people don't blink and eye to. looking good.

blackbart63mule 05-17-2019 02:13 PM

Any progress? Really enjoyed going thru yer build. dog.

JJorgensen52 05-17-2019 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbart63mule (Post 8527240)
Any progress? Really enjoyed going thru yer build. dog.

Thanks, man! Glad to have you aboard. No tangible progress to report. Had a new garage helper join the family, so my project time has been quite limited ... And what little I have had has gone towards trying to get a motor back in my Impala 😉

blackbart63mule 05-19-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJorgensen52 (Post 8527377)
Thanks, man! Glad to have you aboard. No tangible progress to report. Had a new garage helper join the family, so my project time has been quite limited ... And what little I have had has gone towards trying to get a motor back in my Impala 😉

Cute little guy! Enjoy them while they are young, they grow up so fast. Boy, do I know how life gets in the way of these projects, but, if we persist, it’ll get done some day! Good luck gettin the motor in the imp.

7dee2 05-21-2019 08:48 AM

Good for you, I'm digging the 66 CRZLINR!

JJorgensen52 05-23-2019 07:49 AM

Thank you gents! Doing what I can in bite size increments. Once the wife is out of school for the summer, hopefully will have a bit more time ;)

8man 05-23-2019 06:06 PM

Just found your build. Some really "steal able" ideas, and nice fabwork. I like the helper too, hope he follows in your footsteps.

JJorgensen52 11-12-2020 01:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8man (Post 8530693)
Just found your build. Some really "steal able" ideas, and nice fabwork. I like the helper too, hope he follows in your footsteps.

Glad to have you aboard! If this photo is anything to go by (taken yesterday), he's right on track!!!

JJorgensen52 11-12-2020 02:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Holy old thread, batman!

Since Veteran's day is a day off for us employees of Uncle Sam, my wife was kind enough to let me play in the shop during work hours. I'm knocking the cobwebs off this project by starting in on the brake lines.

I built a mount for my proportioning valve back in 2015, but never actually plumbed it up to the master. Took care of that this morning - only had to redo one of the two, buggered up a flare. Plenty of clearance to the fender support rod and fuse block.

After that, hung some rear calipers and then cleaned up and welded back on the caliper hose tabs. I cut these off back when I was fitting the axle - I think because they were in the way of where I had to sleeve the axle to fit the new saddles for the trailing arms. They went back on easily enough.

Hopefully this weekend I will get to some frame lines! And to those of you who are serving, or have been in the service - thanks!

FarmerSid 11-18-2020 08:16 PM

Good to see you back at it. I've been away for a bit too.