The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Protrash Re-hash (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=342934)

jason65 06-12-2009 12:15 PM

Re: Protrash Re-hash

I've been thinking about power windows to. Have you been thinking much about after primer?

protrash64 06-12-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 3356230)
super work. Jeff

Thanx 4D!!! I cant tell you how many times I've thought about your daughters comments while I was working on this stuff.....:whine::lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason65 (Post 3356306)
I've been thinking about power windows to. Have you been thinking much about after primer?

I've been beating around some ideas but dont have anything finalized...it will be a budget product like Summit paint or something similar. I'd be scared to death to drive around a nice looking truck like yours, Jason. Ive got a long way to go before I get there, too.

4dranch 06-12-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protrash64 (Post 3356358)
Thanx 4D!!! I cant tell you how many times I've thought about your daughters comments while I was working on this stuff.....:whine::lol:

Which Comment???:lol:

I've been beating around some ideas but dont have anything finalized...it will be a budget product like Summit paint or something similar. I'd be scared to death to drive around a nice looking truck like yours, Jason. Ive got a long way to go before I get there, too.

I had to give Jason $10.00 bucks to let me park beside him....
Then I heard him mumble "There goes the neighborhood":lol::lol:

jason65 06-12-2009 02:57 PM

:lol:

protrash64 06-12-2009 03:43 PM

UUHHhhhhh....maybe it wasnt exactly a comment; more like a reaction to sanding.:lol:

jgh64pkup 06-12-2009 03:47 PM

truck looks good
so when your battery goes dead how do you open the doors

protrash64 06-12-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup (Post 3356556)
truck looks good
so when your battery goes dead how do you open the doors

Thanx man!! .......you dont. You stand there and :cuss:........

jgh64pkup 06-12-2009 04:00 PM

ha,:lol: i think i will leave my doors alone

protrash64 06-12-2009 04:06 PM

Some people add a manual release cable, but 'other undesirables' tend to find them and get into the vehicle. I dont have a manual release. The lack of door handles is a PITA in my experience, but it does look cool.

The other thing to consider is that, if your battery is dead, you're not going anywhere anyway...so do you need to get inside?:lol:

jgh64pkup 06-12-2009 04:09 PM

good point
where did you get you vent for your fuel cell

protrash64 06-12-2009 04:14 PM

IIRC, that is a AN barb fitting and I found the filter at a performance shop and just screwed it on the barb. I think its supposed to be for a valve cover.

jgh64pkup 06-12-2009 04:19 PM

i have the same tank
is it a 20 gallon with sender

scotts62 06-12-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protrash64 (Post 3356587)
Some people add a manual release cable, but 'other undesirables' tend to find them and get into the vehicle. I dont have a manual release. The lack of door handles is a PITA in my experience, but it does look cool.

The other thing to consider is that, if your battery is dead, you're not going anywhere anyway...so do you need to get inside?:lol:

Yeah thats true. Im just going to hide my cables really good or build a box and run them in it to where you have to open it with a key to use the latch. just dont lock your keys in it :lol:

protrash64 06-12-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup (Post 3356619)
i have the same tank
is it a 20 gallon with sender

Yes it is, 0-90 ohm sender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts62 (Post 3356870)
Yeah thats true. Im just going to hide my cables really good or build a box and run them in it to where you have to open it with a key to use the latch. just dont lock your keys in it :lol:

Good idea Scott. I did the same thing with my 'burb in the ignition circuit. I have a Tuffy security console with a 20a switch installed inside. The box has to be opened and the switch activated before the truck will start. I also have a hidden battery switch.

Alan's Classic 06-12-2009 10:14 PM

Lookin' good!! I like it :metal:

TimE 06-13-2009 12:03 AM

:thumbs: Keep up the good work Jeff.

daverod 06-14-2009 12:15 AM

Why the vented tail gate?:uhmk::confused: I like the cable idea.

protrash64 06-14-2009 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Principle of art: repitition of an element promotes unity and harmony in the overall theme. In short it matches the grill, and the tailgate isnt stock anyway....I lowered the top fold to match the side lines of the body.

daverod 06-14-2009 12:31 AM

So it all boils down art. Cool, now I know.;) I was thinking it had a purpose,i.e venting gas fumes, cooling stuff and stuff.

joe231 06-14-2009 12:23 PM

:lol:

all about style....form over function ;)

not saying it doesn't function...just saying it looks cool:cool:

protrash64 06-21-2009 01:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanx for all the encouragement and nice comments. Ive still been in that 'special hell' called bodywork. Many times when Im doing this stuff I think about Alan saying 'what hell are you doin' and chasing me out while hitting me in the back of the head with a big clump of kicked filler that I didnt get on the truck :lol:......it seems like there is always something else that needs work.

Ive gotten to the point where I will have to start taking things apart, so I worked on the wheelwells and then moved up to the doors. The wheelwells are getting some fiberglass. I'm going to scuff the inside of the bed just to clean it up and plan on doing liner on the tubs and bedsides. Here is some of the fun.

protrash64 06-21-2009 01:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The doors are next up and the drivers door is kind of a mess.....not horrible, and I knew this stuff was here from my previous work. I was blocking out the door and broke thru to metal down in the back lower corner. I ended up tearing out all the bondo to see what was up. It led me to the damage up front.......this is what happens when your doorcheck goes bad. I spent about 2 hours hammering inside the door to get the dent out. The PO didnt do anything except fill the dent. It looks ugly, but way better than when I started and some fiberglass will have it nice and level in no time. I will be using a lower door patch panel to fix the large area.

Looks like the truck was gold, forgot that! Some nice speaker holes, too.

ChiefRocka 06-21-2009 10:22 AM

Nice....you fill'n that speaker hole too, or leaving it ?

Alan's Classic 06-21-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protrash64 (Post 3371357)
Thanx for all the encouragement and nice comments. Ive still been in that 'special hell' called bodywork. Many times when Im doing this stuff I think about Alan saying 'what hell are you doin' and chasing me out while hitting me in the back of the head with a big clump of kicked filler that I didnt get on the truck :lol:......it seems like there is always something else that needs work.

Ive gotten to the point where I will have to start taking things apart, so I worked on the wheelwells and then moved up to the doors. The wheelwells are getting some fiberglass. I'm going to scuff the inside of the bed just to clean it up and plan on doing liner on the tubs and bedsides. Here is some of the fun.

:haha:

Nice progress :metal:

protrash64 06-21-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 3371669)
Nice....you fill'n that speaker hole too, or leaving it ?

Im going to leave it because I have a bunch of speakers and will probably make some kind of pod to cover the area. I have some old 6x9 boxes that I am considering incorporating into the door panel/ speaker pod. If I use them I will end up cutting out the hole bigger to fit the box in the door. I thought the box mite help the speakers project a little better.