The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   $999 for a Dropmember (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=307009)

jkaylor68gmc 09-19-2008 11:30 AM

Re: $999 for a Dropmember

hells yeah!

revn67 09-19-2008 12:21 PM

:clap:is that bill nye the science guy pedalling a bike while drinking a glass of vodka on the rocks? lol

leftcoast66 09-19-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revn67 (Post 2896704)
:clap:is that bill nye the science guy pedalling a bike while drinking a glass of vodka on the rocks? lol

God I miss junior high and elementary science class. Bill Nye all the time. Yeah that's bill nye, I'm curious if that is actually vodka in the back haha.

shaneo2112RUSH 09-19-2008 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftcoast66 (Post 2896948)
God I miss junior high and elementary science class. Bill Nye all the time. Yeah that's bill nye, I'm curious if that is actually vodka in the back haha.

looks like grey goose bottles!!:alky:they use the bicycles and generators to provide power for the big tv in the back, power the lights and the blender for mixed drinks. :alc::barn:

5150 09-20-2008 05:10 AM

hey nate, I live about 1/2 mile from csbatey. If you can have ups drop it at my house when he's not home for delivery. I'll make sure he gets it :5150:

mullit 09-20-2008 09:34 AM

Just ordered mine, cant wait

FormerMember 09-20-2008 10:03 AM

Price for a DM, suitable control arms and coil over shocks shipped to 03036? (basically, I'd like a complete package).

Do you sell the racks and schtuff?

Don't want to run bags.

SantanaCustoms 09-20-2008 03:34 PM

I know the DM can be used with stock arms or ART arms, but does anyone know about chassis tech arms working with the kit? Not sure if this has ever been asked and I know the quality isn't as good as ART, however it could be a cost save for people on a tight budget.

SCOTI 09-20-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SantanaCustoms (Post 2897957)
I know the DM can be used with stock arms or ART arms, but does anyone know about chassis tech arms working with the kit? Not sure if this has ever been asked and I know the quality isn't as good as ART, however it could be a cost save for people on a tight budget.

Pay up front for better quality or pay later to correct problems from lesser quality (or wrong parts being sent etc . . ....). Is it worth the frustration?

If your budget is tight, why not just use the OE arms w/suitable adapters for the bags (cups or plates) vs. taking the risk on a company (AIM/Chassis Tech, AirBagIt.com) that is unfortunately known for issues?

smashingchuck 09-20-2008 06:28 PM

Dropmember = incompatible with AIM parts :lol:

SantanaCustoms 09-20-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 2897996)
Pay up front for better quality or pay later to correct problems from lesser quality (or wrong parts being sent etc . . ....). Is it worth the frustration?

If your budget is tight, why not just use the OE arms w/suitable adapters for the bags (cups or plates) vs. taking the risk on a company (AIM/Chassis Tech, AirBagIt.com) that is unfortunately known for issues?

I totally agree with the reputation of AIM, just giving people an option.

PBFAB.COM 09-20-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grendel (Post 2897756)
Price for a DM, suitable control arms and coil over shocks shipped to 03036? (basically, I'd like a complete package).

Do you sell the racks and schtuff?

Don't want to run bags.

I am currently working on this same set-up for another customer. As soon as I get all the details lined out, I will post up the information.

PBFAB.COM 09-20-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashingchuck (Post 2898071)
Dropmember = incompatible with AIM parts :lol:

Or SD arms.... (when they start making them).:lol:

The Dropmember will work with factory arms (need to purchase a set of plates from me, or do your own modifications for bag mount).
The Dropmember will work with ART arms (lower bag mounting hole needs to be relocated 1.25" outboard)

The Dropmember will NOT work with any aftermarket upper control arm that has been lengthened from factory specs. There are a few companies that have lengthened their replacement C10 upper control arms to compensate for the factory camber issues when lowering these trucks. The Dropmember has completely revised the suspension geometry and will NOT work with these lengthened upper control arms.

SCOTI 09-20-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porterbuilt (Post 2898506)
Or SD arms.... (when they start making them).:lol:

Maybe they're waiting on some 'inspiration' ;) .

PBFAB.COM 09-21-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 2898515)
Maybe they're waiting on some 'inspiration' ;) .

I have the design portion done... just can't seem to find the time to get some built, test them, and then build the jigs.

I have another new product that is taking priority right now... should be ready to release it within a couple weeks... the suspense!:)

jasonb72 09-21-2008 12:47 AM

Jeopardy theme music is playing now........ :smoke:

Quote:

Originally Posted by porterbuilt (Post 2898531)
I have the design portion done... just can't seem to find the time to get some built, test them, and then build the jigs.

I have another new product that is taking priority right now... should be ready to release it within a couple weeks... the suspense!:)

FormerMember 09-21-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porterbuilt (Post 2898504)
I am currently working on this same set-up for another customer. As soon as I get all the details lined out, I will post up the information.

Thanks. If I run a DM, no way would I want to put stock arms on it.

crawdadfox 09-21-2008 11:34 AM

Hey Nate, at $999.00 you better hire some help!!!! I know they will be flying out the door!!!! :metal:

SCOTI 09-21-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porterbuilt (Post 2898531)

Of course.... If you need some help w/the testing portion of your product evaluation, I'm sure you could find one or two volunteers around here :lol: .

Riveted1 09-21-2008 02:28 PM

*Raises Hand* *Raises Hand REAL HIGH and Waves*

:lol:

5150 09-21-2008 03:03 PM

Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me

killerpickup 09-21-2008 03:21 PM

Really happy to hear your constantly trying to upgrade your product. The first time I saw it in classic truck mag. I was impressed. Nice to know your trying to be cost effective. I have a question, Ive already done a Z on my 77 shortbox, and I also notched the crossmember and dropped the tyrod to keep from cutting up the floor. Does this sound like a safe method to you? Iam a good welder, but I would still like your point of veiw.

PBFAB.COM 09-22-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerpickup (Post 2899157)
Really happy to hear your constantly trying to upgrade your product. The first time I saw it in classic truck mag. I was impressed. Nice to know your trying to be cost effective. I have a question, Ive already done a Z on my 77 shortbox, and I also notched the crossmember and dropped the tyrod to keep from cutting up the floor. Does this sound like a safe method to you? Iam a good welder, but I would still like your point of veiw.

I am by no means a fan or advocate of "Zing" the frame (no surprise). There are numerous reasons that make the thought of a Z unattractive. However, it can be done, and it can be done safely. I would like to see some pics of the work, and then can give you my honest opinion.

The main concern when doing a "Z" is the structural integrity, second, and not far behind, is the steering geometry. Too often people Z the frame or section the crossmember and forget about the steering geometry. It all has to work in unison in order to have a comfortabl/safe ride.

c10addict 09-22-2008 04:56 PM

I probably have a 1000 miles on the dropmembered 64 I just bought... Trust me you want one!! GREAT PRODUCT!!! Hats off to you Nate!! I will be putting one on my 68 in the near future! Spend the cash boys and buy one and trust you me you will love it!!

Custom 68 09-22-2008 10:36 PM

ok this may be answered already maybe in another thread if so point me there... does this change (decrease) the track width? my track in the front is too wide after my disk upgrade. I being on a budget would use my stock arms sounds like this changes the geoetry to make the truck handle better.
Secondly with a name like "drop member" does this change or drop the front ride height? sounds like it would but dont know? Again I would use my static drop spindles and static springs? I need the rack and pinion steering but will all this work together?
thanks in advance
Dave