The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   My crewcab 4x4 cummins project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=426607)

Pullin81 12-19-2010 04:09 AM

Re: My crewcab 4x4 cummins project

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildstreak (Post 4358471)
Your doing a great job on it for sure. What are you planning for the steering, going with cross-over or???

yes my plans are cross over steering but i also kind of like the look of the high steer kit aswell...i havnt really looked to hard for steering stuff yet not sure who makes the kits...do you know of anyone?

Dieselwrencher 12-19-2010 04:19 AM

Have you checked out ballistic yet? I'm planning on getting their high steer kit for my 76 when the time comes.

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...its_c_113.html

Wildstreak 12-19-2010 01:04 PM

The ballistic set looks great, ORD offers a good kit as well. So many goodies can be added to these rigs its insane. I actually might be getting a crew this week if all goes well....

Pullin81 01-01-2011 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well the hardest part of any project i think is what colour. ive been trying to pick colours since i was on the dually build and i think i may have found them... top is a ford purpple pretty much the same as a royal purple bottle, the middle is a gm silver, and the bottem is a saphire black which turns a shade of dark purple in the sun...shot this fender last night just on the shop floor to see what they looked like together...

mooseknuckles 01-01-2011 02:23 PM

awesome build!...love the look. that bumper is huge!

Pullin81 01-01-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckles (Post 4381447)
awesome build!...love the look. that bumper is huge!

HAHA thanks...The truck is huge to so it all works out lol

Gordonr1973 01-01-2011 05:47 PM

Pretty cool color combo!!!

Pullin81 01-10-2011 01:33 AM

4 Attachment(s)
front bumper 99% done and rear bumper as far as i got today just have to finish the botton but run out of gas for the welder....also the new harwood fiberglas hood

87 chevy silverado 01-10-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pullin81 (Post 4399479)
front bumper 99% done and rear bumper as far as i got today just have to finish the botton but run out of gas for the welder....also the new harwood fiberglas hood

love the last pic!!!!!!!

Dieselwrencher 01-11-2011 04:06 PM

Very nice! It's going to be bad azz!

lycominghunter 01-25-2011 12:35 AM

RIGHTEOUS! I dont know how i havent seen this build yet. LOOKS AWESOME

Pullin81 01-25-2011 01:20 AM

thanks for chickin out my rig....i got my transfercase last week but i have been stupid busy the last week and havnt had any time to start mounting it...hopefuly by the weekend its in....

thirdstreettito 01-25-2011 11:36 AM

What's the transfer case? NP205? Atlas? Dana? Timken? Rockwell?

Pullin81 01-25-2011 02:04 PM

I went with the np205 from the guys at moonshine maufia motorsports
Posted via Mobile Device

Pullin81 01-29-2011 12:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well ive been working away on the truck the last few days.....i picked up some 2005 chev crew cab seats that ive been orking on mounting i have half the rear seat mounted so far the fronts are going to be a little harder going to have to notch down the floors to get the seats to sit lower... once its all said and down ive priced out some katzkin seat covers. Just trying to get odds and ends finised up few small pieces on the bumpers. need to get the transfercase mounted that i purchased from moonshine maufia motorsports.

joe231 01-29-2011 05:54 PM

nice work!
im not usually a purple fan...but those colors look good together.

Dieselwrencher 01-30-2011 01:46 AM

Very nice. Did you have to search for a while to find those seats? The Tcase looks awesome!

Pullin81 01-30-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 4448610)
Very nice. Did you have to search for a while to find those seats? The Tcase looks awesome!

yeah you wouldnt believe how hard it is to find these seats around here...ive been watching kijiji and calling a few big auto wreckers around here weekly and it seems like it was always the same answer."oh we just sold the last ones".

Dieselwrencher 01-31-2011 01:41 AM

I figured it was hard. I've been searching for ford or dodge front seats for a couple of my projects and it is hard because as soon as they're in, they're gone. Good parts hunting. :lol:

Pullin81 02-06-2011 12:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just an update ive been working on a few things. i tend to jump around around a little bit...so ive started mounting my seats what i did with the rear was ended up takeing appart the rear seats out of the 05 chevy and cut the brackets off that frame and installed the brackets on the original 80 truck seat frame...the rear seats still even tilt forward...the front seats well they sat to high in the truck i i went ahead and cut the floor hump under the seat out and had a friend of mine who works are a steel building shop cut out a pan at his shop whick we covered the hole in the floor with then added a hat channel to connect the cab supports back together..ive also been playing around with the transfercase i got started mounting it and realized i needed to modify the tranny cross memeber i had already built ...

Dieselwrencher 02-06-2011 12:56 PM

Nice work!

1tonchevy 02-06-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pullin81 (Post 4466614)
Just an update ive been working on a few things. i tend to jump around around a little bit...so ive started mounting my seats what i did with the rear was ended up takeing appart the rear seats out of the 05 chevy and cut the brackets off that frame and installed the brackets on the original 80 truck seat frame...the rear seats still even tilt forward...the front seats well they sat to high in the truck i i went ahead and cut the floor hump under the seat out and had a friend of mine who works are a steel building shop cut out a pan at his shop whick we covered the hole in the floor with then added a hat channel to connect the cab supports back together..ive also been playing around with the transfercase i got started mounting it and realized i needed to modify the tranny cross memeber i had already built ...

Love the seats!!!! thats what i need for my truck.

akc226 02-09-2011 03:41 AM

nice work. i am picking up a crew cab short bed just like this with a 12 valve mocked up and just sitting in it. it still needs intercooler tubing and wiring done. just wondering what your doing for wiring?

Pullin81 02-10-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akc226 (Post 4473131)
nice work. i am picking up a crew cab short bed just like this with a 12 valve mocked up and just sitting in it. it still needs intercooler tubing and wiring done. just wondering what your doing for wiring?

for wiring i picked up a universal 12 circut wiring harness. then all i did was gut most of the dodge engine wiring harness except the fuel shut off solenoid, you need a wire that feeds the solinoid on crank and one on ign. then i took the grid heater solinoid packs and run them by a switched ground button on the dash so just push and hold the button and the grid runs as long as you want it... alternator i just run an external regulator, then just put chevy sending units in the engine for oil pressure and temperature and you can run your factory gauges, then just use the factory chevy starter wire and run a main power for the starter... best way to figure out the wiring for the swap is to grab a hanes manual to figure what wire on the dodge gets conected to which wire on the chevy harness...best of luck if you need any info feel free to ask...

Dieselwrencher 02-10-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pullin81 (Post 4477335)
for wiring i picked up a universal 12 circut wiring harness. then all i did was gut most of the dodge engine wiring harness except the fuel shut off solenoid, you need a wire that feeds the solinoid on crank and one on ign. then i took the grid heater solinoid packs and run them by a switched ground button on the dash so just push and hold the button and the grid runs as long as you want it... alternator i just run an external regulator, then just put chevy sending units in the engine for oil pressure and temperature and you can run your factory gauges, then just use the factory chevy starter wire and run a main power for the starter... best way to figure out the wiring for the swap is to grab a hanes manual to figure what wire on the dodge gets conected to which wire on the chevy harness...best of luck if you need any info feel free to ask...

You also need a ground wire for the fuel shut off solenoid. The connector should have 3 wires on it.