The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Project "Candy Apple" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=720637)

68Timber 11-27-2016 07:52 PM

Re: Project "Candy Apple"

Beautiful. I like your formula, all your refurbs come out great. But this one, the color combos and paint are different enough that this one really stands out.

ultrahd4me 11-28-2016 08:35 AM

Thank you sir.

Desert1957 11-28-2016 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bobby,

Just noticed something on one of your pics, Looks like a dent on the front edge of the bed. Was there a mishap in the garage? or is it a shadow?

Attachment 1594635

ultrahd4me 11-28-2016 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think its more of shadow than anything else, I haven't noticed it in the garage.

Desert1957 11-28-2016 09:43 AM

That's Good News, I like the larger rear tires on this build, No rubbing issues?
Nice work as always.

ultrahd4me 11-30-2016 10:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I only had a few minutes in the shop last night but I managed to get the new fender emblems on. I started on removing the tail light lens and housings but one has a stripped out screw and I didn't have time to deal with that crap.

TKCR 11-30-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrahd4me (Post 7782934)
I only had a few minutes in the shop last night but I managed to get the new fender emblems on. I started on removing the tail light lens and housings but one has a stripped out screw and I didn't have time to deal with that crap.

I need to get mine on my truck. Did you use the tape adhesive or the studs? In which you would have had to drill holes? Mine are OEM, but I removed the studs and put the tape on them, just haven't installed them yet.

BB72CHEVKT 11-30-2016 02:34 PM

Looks great. Put a factory grill back in there for me though. I didn't think I would like this truck based off the before pic but it is turning out nice.

ultrahd4me 11-30-2016 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 7783111)
I need to get mine on my truck. Did you use the tape adhesive or the studs? In which you would have had to drill holes? Mine are OEM, but I removed the studs and put the tape on them, just haven't installed them yet.

I used the studs on the emblems and barrel clip nuts on the fenders.

ultrahd4me 11-30-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB72CHEVKT (Post 7783131)
Looks great. Put a factory grill back in there for me though. I didn't think I would like this truck based off the before pic but it is turning out nice.

I would add a grill but I'm so for over budget I'm sticking with what I have. I honestly didn't like it either and I gave premium dollar for it too. I was lied to about how nice it was and what was left to finish. That's how is goes on some deals, and I've spent a ton of money and time but its starting to look like something I would own and drive. Basically drivetrain, paint colors, seat and dash are all that remain of the truck when I bought it, everything else has been reworked, replaced, or restored.

dropd80s 11-30-2016 06:36 PM

I have not had any luck sourcing the barrel clips. Where do you get yours? I don't want to buy online unless i can confirm the size! TIA

ultrahd4me 11-30-2016 07:18 PM

I can get the part # for you tomorrow. Do a google search for emblem barrel nuts, you need the ones for 3/16 stud mount. I think you redrill the hole to 7/32. I have a napa part # or most ford restoration catalogs carry them.

dropd80s 11-30-2016 08:51 PM

That's awesome. Thank you so much
Posted via Mobile Device

ultrahd4me 12-01-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropd80s (Post 7783288)
I have not had any luck sourcing the barrel clips. Where do you get yours? I don't want to buy online unless i can confirm the size! TIA

Here you go: Napa # 665-1457 Body Nut / Auto Barrel Nut

BB72CHEVKT 12-01-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrahd4me (Post 7783155)
I would add a grill but I'm so for over budget I'm sticking with what I have. I honestly didn't like it either and I gave premium dollar for it too. I was lied to about how nice it was and what was left to finish. That's how is goes on some deals, and I've spent a ton of money and time but its starting to look like something I would own and drive. Basically drivetrain, paint colors, seat and dash are all that remain of the truck when I bought it, everything else has been reworked, replaced, or restored.

Your system always yields nice results. Once again well done.

dropd80s 12-01-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrahd4me (Post 7783700)
Here you go: Napa # 665-1457 Body Nut / Auto Barrel Nut

Awesome, I really appreciate it!

ultrahd4me 12-03-2016 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nothing to exciting today, but small details make a big difference. Tail light housings cleaned, new bulbs, and new lens installed. I had to tweak the trim a little but the fit is good.

TKCR 12-11-2016 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrahd4me (Post 7747560)
I am in need of a set of burgundy floormats. Looking for a older factory set that need restored. Thanks

Did you ever find floor mats? I happened to see these looking around at other parts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201734988033

UKNOWME 12-11-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 7777041)
So what's you opinion of Crown Suspension.

Not sure if you saw my question but I'm real curious what your opinion is.

UKNOWME 12-11-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrahd4me (Post 7785710)
Nothing to exciting today, but small details make a big difference. Tail light housings cleaned, new bulbs, and new lens installed. I had to tweak the trim a little but the fit is good.

Looks very nice! Are those OEM lenses and trim?

ultrahd4me 12-11-2016 06:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I started this weekend with the last stage with this truck, the dreaded engine compartment. I found a small coolant leak right after I bought the truck which turned out to be the water pump. The truck only a small electric fan without a shroud and I doubted its ability to properly cool the engine. So as most of projects go, I ended up doing a complete cooling system overhaul. New water pump, thermostat housing, thermostat, fan, heavy duty fan clutch, drive belt, and new fan shroud. The radiator and hoses had already been replaced so they were good to go. Everything went great except mounting the new fan shroud, it looks like I was sent one for a none A/C truck. So that will get finished later this week.

ultrahd4me 12-11-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 7793281)
Not sure if you saw my question but I'm real curious what your opinion is.

I did and I forgot to reply. I only used their axle mounting plate and shock extensions brackets. The PO told me he got the drop spindles from them but I'm not 100% sure on that. I did see some of the same casting flaws I've seen with other brands, so they are all probably made by the same supplier. I liked everything so much I reordered enough parts for 2 trucks. Super fast shipping and they personally called to verify my order. The shock brackets taper in at the bolt hole so you don't have to use spacers like most others.

LT7A 12-12-2016 01:19 AM

Question on the shock extensions, the pictures that I've seen of those make them look low enough to catch speed bumps. Is that a danger? Or are they at a comparable elevation to other components?

ultrahd4me 12-14-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 7793796)
Question on the shock extensions, the pictures that I've seen of those make them look low enough to catch speed bumps. Is that a danger? Or are they at a comparable elevation to other components?

I can get you an exact measurement if needed, but the front is lower than the rear shock brackets.

ultrahd4me 12-16-2016 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally making a little progress, the new LMC fan shroud arrived and is a good fit. I still have to rework the air intake system and a little bit of trimming on the engine covers.