The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project OverKill (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248360)

bad6772 08-15-2007 06:43 PM

Re: Project OverKill

looks good there chevy. a single tear will fall from my eye when you cut it...lol good luck .....have you moved lil red out of the shop? id hate to see that thing get welding sparks on her,,,

skchevota 08-16-2007 01:44 AM

looking good, I guess I should update my build thread

BigSky71 08-16-2007 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 2310787)
Cut-Cut-Cut :D

That cracks me up! :hm: FF is no stranger to a little metal "modification"...

Love the build Overkill!

ChevyDude 08-16-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad6772 (Post 2311260)
looks good there chevy. a single tear will fall from my eye when you cut it...lol good luck .....have you moved lil red out of the shop? id hate to see that thing get welding sparks on her,,,

Get a hankie, lol!!! It's going to happen!!! LOL!!!

Lil' Red will be under her own power sometime Monday the 20th. She will be taken home to our 3-car garage. No welding burns for her!!! I posted a few pics of the last bits needed for Lil' Red on the message board.

Alex

glock35ipsc 08-16-2007 11:56 AM

Alex, next Tuesday, the 21st, all systems are a go!!!! I'll plan on being there at 8, give or take a few minutes. I think I'll take Hwy 85 there, that way I won't be late for shooting some idiot driver!

I'll load up the inner fenders, jack, jack stands, plasma, clamps, etc., everything that I think I'll need. If you happen to have some of the same stuff there, then we'll be just assured we have extras and backups!

ChevyDude 08-19-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc (Post 2312251)
Tuesday, the 21st, all systems are a go!!!!

So Glock (Bob) and I have made arrangements for him to come down to my shop for the day to cut, shorten, and weld back Project OverKill's long bed frame...into a short bed frame!!! We worked out a little trade... me GatorHyde coating his shortened 68' project inner fender underneaths, (should be nice for deflecting rocks and gravel) and employ Bob's welding expertise on shortening my frame. I am very much looking forward to Tuesday. No Truck bed sprays on Tuesday!!!LOL!!! Should be a good day at the shop. I'll take lots of pics and post them here!!!

The two words for Tuesday are: Plasma and Miller...and of course many Thanks to Glock!!!

Alex

glock35ipsc 08-19-2007 03:16 PM

Getting everything gathered up today and loaded into the truck! Should be ready to rock and roll first thing Tuesday morning :metal:

BTW Alex, my wife said she might just be interested in doing a few bikini shots with Lil Red! Her only stipulation..... wait 9 weeks. By then she will be done with the competition and should be camera ready!

ChevyDude 08-19-2007 04:51 PM

Cool!!! What competition?

glock35ipsc 08-19-2007 06:24 PM

She is competing in a figure competition down your way in a little over 2 month. Hence the reason for the sparkly bikini! She is working out like a mad fool, and is already more cut then I will ever be!

ChevyDude 08-21-2007 08:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Glock/Bob showed up today... she's a shortened frame now!!! Many Thanks to Bob!!! Some pics...more to come.

ChevyDude 08-21-2007 08:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Pics:

ChevyDude 08-21-2007 08:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics of this step, Thanks again Bob!!! Also I GatorHyde coated Bob's inner fenders....and they came out nice if I don't say so myself!!! Maybe he'll post some pics of them?

ChevyDude 08-21-2007 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one:

Long Roof 08-21-2007 08:39 PM

Quality work for sure.

msgross 08-21-2007 08:42 PM

congrats... wish he lived closer to me to lend some welding skills!

glock35ipsc 08-21-2007 10:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Whew, I'm tired!!!! Everything turned out great with the frame, and Alex was grinning like a little kid all day! Can't say that I blame him, having just finished a killer Lil Red, and jumping right into the next one.

Here are the pics of my inner fenders Alex sprayed, they turned out AWESOME!! No rock chips or dings in the inners! Alex, I also attached a picture of the drivers side of the firewall to show you what I left open. I actually did shave both of those behind the distributor.

glock35ipsc 08-21-2007 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, and one of the kid and his new toy :metal:

Frizzle Fry 08-22-2007 12:26 AM

Nice Job! Looks a whole lot easier without a body on there :lol: But I know it's still a lot of work! Those inners look good too.

ChevyDude 08-22-2007 12:42 AM

I'm still grinning...great day!!! Super big thanks to Bob! Hey Frizz...what you have done with the "Tahoe" is truly amazing, Bob and I chatted about your project over lunch. Everything went well today and I learned a little about welding. And anyone considering a welder...this Miller 180 stepped right to the plate and performed flawlessly. I know it will weld anything to do with my hotrod projects.

Bob handed me with a box when he arrived...I took a look inside, very nice, a rear disc brake brake braket set-up...well worth the $85 dollars. Now do I put it on OverKill...or do I slap it on Lil' Red???

Alex

Lemield 08-22-2007 12:53 PM

Alex...enjoyed seeing you and Bob yesterday....truck(s) are looking good....

Hearing Lil Red run was worth the drive over! :)

ChevyDude 08-22-2007 01:21 PM

Thank you Larry!!! It was great you were able to stop by!!! Lil' Red sounds good, have to agree!

ColoradoK5 08-22-2007 03:59 PM

I bet that made your week! Got LIL RED going and your frame shortned going to be a hard week to beat!!

msgross 08-22-2007 05:14 PM

just for planning purposes what would it have cost a guy off the street to have those fenders coated? I would like to do one or both sides of my K-10. Looks great!

ChevyDude 08-22-2007 05:57 PM

Yes CO K5...gonna be a hard week to beat!!! I am still grinning!!!

MSGROSS, I monitored chemical amounts when spraying Bob's inner fenders because I knew someone would ask. All four inner fenders took 150 strokes from my Graco EXP-1 Reactor...It breaks down to a dollar a stoke...so $150.00 is the least that I could do it for. You would have to double that for both sides. Have to say...it really came out looking good!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by msgross (Post 2321458)
just for planning purposes what would it have cost a guy off the street to have those fenders coated? I would like to do one or both sides of my K-10. Looks great!

msgross 08-22-2007 08:39 PM

thanks... I might look into that then...