The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ATTENTION: In regards to James Blanton aka "tex parts 67-72" and Partner. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=298002)

blazinhot72 07-28-2004 08:05 PM

Watch out!!! I know this guy!!!!

:metal: This man is as crooked! The only reason he has chrome parts is because he chrome plates them before they rust away. Instead of his business "Custom to Classics", it should be "Custom to Rust". Or instead of "Lisa's Cuts and Curls" (the name his phone number is listed under in the directory), it should be "Lisa's Cuts and Bondo". If it says rust free, it means the rust done ate and left---a big hole!!! :eek: He has a Camaro door on Ebay right now that says rust and dent free--you can see the big a$$ dent in the middle of it.! What he meant was the dent was free, not free from dents :)
:devil: ....This is me after dealing with this highly psychopathic ex-convict businessman!! :lol: YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!! DEAL WITH HIM IF YOU WANT TO! :eek:
iF YOU EVER BUMP INTO HIM AT A SWAP MEET, THIS IS WHAT YOU BETTER DO: :burnout:

dorkydork 09-28-2004 01:58 PM

Hey does anyone know what other names this guy is using I had a few emails asking if I wanted to sell the whole lot of my stuff and if I was interested in buying more stuff????

1971custom10 09-29-2004 05:04 PM

new guy thanks for the heads up

hey
first post i saw there bieng something about ebay and this dude bein a weisel. so i nneed the front chorme bumber and all the grille bits in the front
on top of that i need a fron right fender if any one can help it would be great.
thanks
wayne ;)

Ratpowerd67 10-02-2004 10:31 PM

oh great! i gust bought a set of original plates from him on ebay. he claimes that they are legal.....rat

Hotrodhenryj 10-06-2004 09:32 AM

I didn't see were anyone had a link for his stuff so here is what I found....25 negetive feedbacks in the last year. I think that qualifys for a permenent ban.

http://stores.ebay.com/classic-60-72-chrome

Hotrodhenryj 10-06-2004 06:38 PM

I emailed him about the quality of his parts, here is his response.

Question about your item

Dear truckparts67_72,

I was just wondering how nice the chrome on these parts are. I have a 72 Cheyenne show truck and want only the very best. Any blemishes or other issues on any of the pieces. Thanks, Chuck

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below. You'll have the option to display your response directly on the listing.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

7926330310 67-72 chevy truck chrome plated column kit Oct-11-04

Thank you,
nomadad

this great quality chrome plating no problems at all with it, i chrome 1000 parts a week for customers around the united states with no problems it will not turn yellow or peel off

Custom To Classic Parts (903) 662-5199 Lone Oak, Texas

chickenwing 10-11-2004 11:45 PM

OK. Got me too.... I just looked at this post. Been on the parts board before but never looked. My fault. I had heard of a guy in lone oak that was bad news from a prior post on the regular 67-72 board. He had a used column for 45.01. I needed one real bad cause mine was shot. Did it anyway. Was advertised as "used" "nice and tight" and "ready for install". It showed up pretty fast. It was fugly. Looked like someone re-painted it with a brush. He took the steering wheel off it...well I guess it was not advertised as coming WITH the wheel. I can't determine if it really is "nice and tight" till I get my truck back and put my steering wheel on. I think what I will end up doing is dissasembling blasting/painting and rebuilding. Just kick me. I guess I need a shouting/blinking sticky that says LOOK HERE YOU IDIOT!!!!

1972C10 10-12-2004 12:07 AM

Yeah he is all about spray bombing stuff with dollar store black spray paint.

chickenwing 10-12-2004 02:03 PM

I emailed em for get this, a partial refund. Had to try. From what I could decipher from the illiterate e-mail, they insist that board members are fencing their junk on the board. No one out there would aid and abet this guy... Would they?

rich-white 10-24-2004 02:28 PM

I have delt with A guy in waxahachie and in dallas for parts before. They are great!!! Guys use this board to your advantage. You have guys like IN2TRUX that are in Texas and truck nuts (like the rest of us) and probably know these people thru dealings before. It's the lone oak scum that hurts all business owners and enthusiasts and make people not very trusting. If you deal with a good dealer let the rest of us know so we can help support and vise versa so we can weed out scum. Keep up the good work and love this board.

Johnny05 11-01-2004 07:13 PM

Well THANKS A LOT!! I'm new to this board and already it's helped me out.. sort of...

I just got off the phone with this guy and I didn't have a real good feeling about our conversation. He wanted me to use Buy It Now and be sure he was paid before I could go by to see what he had! Needless to say now I have to start looking for a bed for my truck all over again!

Any ideas where I can find a decent LWB for my '72?? Or at least someone I can trust for parts?

tripp 11-02-2004 12:54 AM

is it just me or are all of his pics from what seems like 10 miles away? you can't see ANY DETAILS in his pics. he doesn't have closeups of anything. i noticed a hood that he has for sale that is sanded and primed. i would rather see it in the raw, so to speak, so you know what you're getting. thanks for the tips, guys.

DennyB 11-19-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripp
is it just me or are all of his pics from what seems like 10 miles away? you can't see ANY DETAILS in his pics. he doesn't have closeups of anything. i noticed a hood that he has for sale that is sanded and primed. i would rather see it in the raw, so to speak, so you know what you're getting. thanks for the tips, guys.

If you saw it in the raw you would see all the bondo that does not exist :rolleyes:

jeffnstef 12-10-2004 02:20 PM

on feedback profile

Reply by truckparts67_72: he never filed a damage claim with usps cant replace till he foolows through.

Thats funny

spencra 12-10-2004 03:26 PM

It appears that that is his way out of a lot of things, "must have been damaged by UPS". UPS can be clumsy, but not that clumsy.
I wonder how much money UPS has lost on this fraud.

loblazer 12-13-2004 01:53 PM

Hey guys, I am glad this guy is off too!
I was wondering about your laws down there? If this guy ships across state borders or by mail, can't he be charged with fraud? I thought I read somewhere that your Postal Service really goes after mail fraud? Maybe he needs to be reported to USPS or UPS or FEdEX or whomever he is using or all of them? Maybe they will ban him if they know he is uncscrupulous ?
I too think you can't tar all Texans by this guy, he is likely the exception.

Doug

67mbsc 02-21-2005 09:37 AM

Suggestion

I agree with you, loblazer. If you ever want to "take somebody out", you use USPS postal inspectors or IRS. If he has committed mail fraud, the USPS postal inspectors will pursue him with vengeance!!!!! With that being said, I recommend that anybody stung by him pursue recovery. If you have dealt with him using a US Postal Money Order, mail fraud is EASY!!!! Anytime you deal with someone unknown, using a Postal Money Order is a very good idea. Hope some of this helps.

skyhawk1 02-24-2005 09:00 AM

Man! I was just about to send this guy over $300 for Suburban barn doors! Glad I checked here first.

Super 71 02-24-2005 05:23 PM

I bought a suburbans off him. Drove 18 hours to pick them up and he tells me he would like to make some money for finding the stuff.Good thing he can't count money because I saved 120. Thanks

spencra 02-24-2005 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super 71
I bought a suburbans off him. Drove 18 hours to pick them up and he tells me he would like to make some money for finding the stuff.Good thing he can't count money because I saved 120. Thanks

:lol: Gave him a little of his own medicine did ya. :lol:

crosby 02-25-2005 09:45 AM

George is from Texas, and we likes George!

jfrank133 04-14-2005 09:59 AM

why not file on this guy

If anyone here has been ripped off by this guy, you can always file a police report on this guy for theft. As long as you know what town he is in, the only thing you have to do is call the Police dept. in that town and give them your story.

86swb 05-21-2005 03:27 PM

I was just looking at some of his chrome on e-Bay and glad I saw the post from Josh. e-Bay should drop somebody after so many negitive feedbacks. I think all they care about is the money they are making. The more he sells the more they (e-Bay) makes. I don't even know if e-Bay warns him like Josh does. They sure need to. Thanks Josh for letting us know and saving us from wasting our money. Never delt with this guy and thanks to Josh I will never have to. Nothing from Lone oak, Tx.

newin72 06-02-2005 04:05 PM

bummer... ordered some new inside door handles before I saw this thread. was paid for on 5-27... we'll see what happens. hope it comes!

86swb 06-02-2005 04:09 PM

Inside door handles. You are lucky. Good thing you did not get a bunch of $$$$$$$ stuff. Surely you did not pay much for them? Like you said, we'll see what happens. Good luck.