The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

Steeveedee 06-24-2018 10:19 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8288273)
Thanks Tim, the doc says recovery may take another 8 months or more. I'm shooting for 3 or 4. I'm tired of being tired. LOL

My youngest brother went through surgery, chemo and radiation for cancer of the larynx. It was a good 18 months before he got to be reasonably well, and he lost most of his teeth due to the radiation. He's back to work, but that took over two years. I wish you well on your recovery. A gal I know who had brain cancer had great success with the stem cell treatment...only to get pneumonia and die from that. It's best if you are out of the hospital after the real cure started, so that you don't get something else that can kill you, instead!

Indian113 06-24-2018 10:29 PM

Dale, awesome news! It took about 6 months after my last go around with Cancer to feel Human. If you need a Nap take it. Your Body will tell you what's going on.

Dustmaker65 06-25-2018 04:54 PM

Glad you are on the up swing Dale. Wish you the best of getting "back in the swing".

Ol Blue K20 06-25-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8288298)
My youngest brother went through surgery, chemo and radiation for cancer of the larynx. It was a good 18 months before he got to be reasonably well, and he lost most of his teeth due to the radiation. He's back to work, but that took over two years. I wish you well on your recovery. A gal I know who had brain cancer had great success with the stem cell treatment...only to get pneumonia and die from that. It's best if you are out of the hospital after the real cure started, so that you don't get something else that can kill you, instead!

I heard horror stories from some friends. The hospital can be good for you or........
Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian113 (Post 8288306)
Dale, awesome news! It took about 6 months after my last go around with Cancer to feel Human. If you need a Nap take it. Your Body will tell you what's going on.

I have been taking my naps...you're right my body tells me when
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 (Post 8288714)
Glad you are on the up swing Dale. Wish you the best of getting "back in the swing".

Thanks, I guess need to be patient

davischevy 06-27-2018 09:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I bought this 94 K2500 truck wrecked in 1994 with 2500 miles on it, and had it built. We turned it over to a crew in 1999 and it has not had a bit of respect since. This truck has nothing to apologize for. It has been wrecked several times but I drove it yesterday and it still drives and runs great for a truck with 358,000 miles on it. The yard boy cleaned it up after this current pic and it still looks pretty good. The first pic is from about 1995 and the last is lately.

Ol Blue K20 06-27-2018 09:53 PM

Looks great considering it's a work truck.

special-K 06-27-2018 09:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Those GMT400s are good trucks. Been out of production for 18 years and I'm still saying "are" and not "were". That's a good looking truck.

My Suburban has a bit more than 1/2 the mileage @180+ and I am all over the place with that thing. First owner was Cobb County Sheriff's Dept. It only had 120,000 on it at 20 years when I bought it. It was a K-9 unit, bloodhounds, search & rescue. First picture was when I bought it at the county shop.

My '92 was one great truck and I'm kicking myself for letting it go. It had 335,000 on it.

davischevy 06-27-2018 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I turned that 2500 over to my SIL in 1998 and got myself a K3500. I loved that dually. The pipeline crews were tough on it too.

The five speed trans gave some trouble, and our less than ethical mechanic said it wasn't worth fixing and what would we take for it. We sold it to him on the cheap and he took it across the road and sold it to the guy that owned the gear shop. The gear shop guy had it going the next day and is still driving it.

Ol Blue K20 06-27-2018 11:17 PM

I like the dually.....a lot

Boog 06-28-2018 05:58 AM

Larry I hope you gave that "mechanic" a loooooooooong vacation.

special-K 06-28-2018 07:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Another nice one. Can't go wrong with red. I had 5th gear drop out in the '92 at just past 100,000 miles. I put a GM crate in and new clutch. Then that flywheel designed by a DMF, I mean the dual mass flywheel gave out, so out it came and the new NV4500 got torn into to convert to what GM went to once they discovered their blunder... a one piece flywheel! How innovative is that? Pure genius.

The '92 DMF had the rubber snubbers fail, so it made chatter idling in neutral, but quieted with clutch depressed. I figured it was the front mainshaft bearing, ordered one, then when time permitted pulled trans to find the ailing DMF. I also had a '95 K3500 5spd at the time. I thought that one was throwing a rod it started knocking so bad one day. Left it sit and hauled it home. Did oil analysis and all looked good, so pulled the trans to find that DMF again. It was coming apart outside of the crank bolts. It was peeling off into two! Another solid flywheel adaption was made.

That was another great truck. I put alot into that one... a whole lot. It was to be my ultimate work truck and a kinda sorta tribute to my Med Olive '71 K/20 w/Reading utility bed I started off in.

davischevy 06-28-2018 10:56 PM

Yep the mechanic finally got his walking papers.

I don't think I have seen that one before Tim. I like it.

Boog 06-28-2018 11:19 PM

That may be the one that got totalled.

special-K 06-29-2018 07:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It is the one. Ironically, the county has since taken out the huge sycamore tree the road took that sharp bend around since. My accident may have been the final straw. I mean two accidents in the same place one as soon as the other was cleared... well, all but the pond on antifreeze that sent my truck to it's grave

davischevy 06-29-2018 08:33 PM

This is the first I knew of that truck or your accident. Was that the truck you special ordered?

special-K 06-29-2018 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No, that was the GMC. Then I bought that '95 with the same 6.5TD/5spd 4.10 set-up, but plain simple Cheyenne pickup w/60,000 in '98. It was Emerald Green. My body shop buddy pretty much bought the tailgate, then (WTH?) the bed right off the truck. So, while the bed was on order I had him change color to GM Fairway Green. It's on Vettes ans S10s.

EDIT: I just thought to say those ladder racks I landed on there were the same set I made for the '92 K3500 adapted onto the reading Low-profile.

davischevy 06-29-2018 10:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What a coincidence Tim. This one is a C3500. We still have it and it runs everyday.

special-K 06-30-2018 07:52 AM

Looks sharp. I see the wheels are painted to match the grille. That's what I was wanting on my Suburban but used off the shelf Charcoal that's too dark.

davischevy 06-30-2018 08:21 AM

I used GM bumper paint. I think it was used on the 94 S10 Blazer w/painted bumper.

special-K 07-01-2018 06:32 AM

Good to know. I had a gun metal grey thing going on that '95. I was going to powder coat the wheels, but that was a "nah".

special-K 07-11-2018 07:05 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Speaking of work trucks/trucks working... and nothing else since!!!

Last weekend we finished up the metal on the pole bldg I've been working on a couple hours up into PA. I took the '72 to haul my 30' walkboard to do the gables

Attachment 1800720

I sleep in his pop-up camper. I'm an early riser and when I'm out of town I like to get a coffee and explore. This is in Highspire, PA just down river from Harrisburg, so my meandering has all been down river beyond Middletown. You hit Swatara Creek at the other end of town and that's it, no town all open farmland like someone hit a switch. The very historic Union Canal ran along the creek aand this warehouse bldg sits right along it (and RR track). It's now an electrical contractor's shop. Pretty neat. I could live somewhere like this

Attachment 1800721

You rise up from river level over some big hills just a ways south and I took the first road that cuts over toward the river. Very pretty, but then you see these huge steam columns rising from behind the hills. Across the Susquehanna is Three Mile Island. Such a contrast to see an old 1800s church in a pretty and peaceful old farm valley combined with modern infrastructure. I grabbed some pictures

Ol Blue K20 07-11-2018 08:45 AM

Nice area and pics. Thanks for sharing

Indian113 07-11-2018 09:19 AM

That is some Beautiful Country! I have never been East of Ohio but it is on the List. So much History might have take a extended Vacation.Thanks for the Pictures

special-K 07-12-2018 06:32 AM

The history back East is the better half of what it has to offer to visitors. I include natural settings with history. I get by looking past/minimizing what I don't like and making the most of what I do. There are hiways and railways all over the place in this area near Harrisburg, as well as very industrialized along the river. But you cross Swatara Creek and it's like what my pictures show.

Here's a thing about the Union Canal. I never heard of it till I went to work up there and did some checking to see what there was to do or see when not working. Pretty neat piece of early American history. This canal was a big deal. Imagine all the work. And to think all this to carry boats that fit in a canal only 8 1/2' wide. Probably no more than a dump truck load.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...zelnVsb76xHnim

Boog 07-12-2018 08:29 PM

Those are some pics of early America right there. Real homey.