The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

magwakeenercew2jh 10-10-2014 11:14 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lees68GMC (Post 6874719)
Took a breather, didn't do any mechanical today, BUT I did photo-shop it!:lol:

Hahahahaha! I did the same thing. But I also went out and removed the cover. Started her up and drank a cup of coffee in the cab while I waited for the temp to come up.

Then, I went into the house and Quickie-PShopped some trim on the sides. And gave her a little white in between the trim. Just for jollies.

:lol::lol::lol:

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps9db1d842.jpg

gmebey 10-10-2014 11:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Moving one step closer to the end.

I'm currently rebuilding the front end with all new ball-joints, bushings, shafts, tie rod ends, springs and shocks.

I have all the parts cleaned up from the driver side (sorry no picture of that)

Hopefully tomorrow I can start assembly.

VWNate1 10-11-2014 09:17 AM

I visited it in the paint jail ~ they have taken off all the sheet metal , doors etc. and bead blasted them and primered , painted the bottom of the can glossy black , I reminded him I wanted it all green , every inch .

The replacement cab shows almost no rust through except where I saw it before purchase , at the bottom of the A Pillars and forward ends of the rocker panels .

The front fenders , hood and replacement core support are all de rusted and primed as well , I couldn't find any rust in either door .

He says as soon as the cab is finished he'll begin striping the chassis and moving forward faster , still couldn't give me any E.T.D. though :waah: .

There's now piles of cleaned up and re painted small items , brackets and so on , he re bushed all the door hinges .

Yay ! :chevy: .

70 shop truck 10-11-2014 12:35 PM

New rear brakes today and rust busting done this morning. More rust busting tomorrow. i think when I finally get rid of all the rust all that will be left is 4 tires and a steering wheel.;)

texjake 10-12-2014 01:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I am finally done with the interior! It was a long and tedious journey but everything is new & clean!

70 shop truck 10-12-2014 04:23 AM

Wow. Great interior!

texjake 10-12-2014 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 70 shop truck (Post 6875947)
Wow. Great interior!

Thanks! This is what is use to look like before the transformation.

70 shop truck 10-12-2014 01:46 PM

My tank is in the cab also and I'm wondering if the new carpets are cut for this?

chevy2tom 10-12-2014 02:02 PM

There is, check with lmc, brothers, GMC paul one of them has it.

ole dollor 10-12-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texjake (Post 6875901)
I am finally done with the interior! It was a long and tedious journey but everything is new & clean!

man you did good , that looks great .....congrats on the great work you have done. been working on ole dollor .....pic's will come.

ole dollor 10-12-2014 04:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
well new white wall tires . new dash wood grain , new rocker panels left and right and painted doors and front fenders, been at it for about a week and a half , waiting on some of the paint to dry so I can put the doors back on and go to coffee....her are some pic's .

Saclandman 10-12-2014 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prepped for the engine swap. S@$t just got real.

bigun911 10-12-2014 06:55 PM

Got mine running for the first time in 17 years and drove it to the end of the street and back. Once I figure out how to load a video where I can link to it, I will.

greywurm 10-12-2014 09:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I pulled a tired l6 and put a 72 350 in my 71 long bed this weekend... What a chore for a first time swapper to do alone. May rebuild the l6 or may sell it. Haven't decided yet.

Pulled the old motor Friday night. I didn't have the parking brake on so the truck rolled back a little and turned the transmission a bit. I'm pretty sure the only thing that stopped it from rolling further was the transmission dip stick. Oops...

Saturday I replace the transmission mount and use my police crown vic to push the truck up the driveway to turn the transmission back. Got it pretty straight. Jacked up the tranny so it was level. And lastly put the old motor on a second engine stand so I could use the hoist. The wife had other things for me to do so that was about it for today.

Today I got the motor in place and on the new motor mounts. Was getting late and have calculus homework so had to call it quits.

At this point, I need to figure out how to get the last half inch between the engine and tranny cleared and get the transmission all the way turned right. Probably about 3/4" off. Any tips would be appreciated.

68wannabe 10-12-2014 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the floor cut out and prepped for the complete floor replacement!

texjake 10-13-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ole dollor (Post 6876396)
man you did good , that looks great .....congrats on the great work you have done. been working on ole dollor .....pic's will come.

Thanks Don! It's been a labor of a love to get it to this stage. I see you been working hard on yours too....great job, looking good!

texjake 10-13-2014 02:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed the under the dash LED light strips & wired them into the dome light. Sorry for the bad iPhone low light pic.

texasld 10-13-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68wannabe (Post 6876784)
Got the floor cut out and prepped for the complete floor replacement!

Wowzers that's a lot of cutting. Going to be awesome when it's all back together though.

Econman 10-13-2014 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the modulator valve, governor and accumulator back in. Plus, a nice coat of cast aluminum paint. As soon as I get a cherry picker borrowed, I'll be adding the torque converter and marrying it to my freshly rebuilt 350 and in the chassis it goes...!

Attachment 1312189

Attachment 1312190

68wannabe 10-13-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasld (Post 6877144)
Wowzers that's a lot of cutting. Going to be awesome when it's all back together though.

Yep! I can't wait either. Then the new motor and tranny can get put on :chevy:

OregonNed 10-13-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael bustamante (Post 6847359)
Yeah whered you get those filler covers in all you pics? Watch those wrenches on your battery!

Just saw this - online from Undercover Innovations...

flyngti 10-13-2014 01:23 PM

Re: fixed up some headlight wiring

1 Attachment(s)
While prepping my truck for sale, I noticed the headlights were flaky. I bought a set of relays a while back so I finally decided to work on the entire headlight circuit. The flakiness came from the connection to the dimmer switch. The low beam wire overheated and melted the connector and the wire. I didn't want to scrounge around at the bone yard for another connector so I drew one up in the 'puter and 3D printed it. With the headlight relays in place, there won't be enough current flowing through the dimmer to be a problem again.

Blakeman350 10-13-2014 09:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Had some spare time today so I made a new over flow tank.:metal:

deltong60 10-13-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanman1972 (Post 6474948)
I put a bright shiny bumper on an old rusty truck!

I dig the bumber !!

BugzC10 10-14-2014 06:00 AM

Re: fixed up some headlight wiring

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyngti (Post 6877484)
While prepping my truck for sale, I noticed the headlights were flaky. I bought a set of relays a while back so I finally decided to work on the entire headlight circuit. The flakiness came from the connection to the dimmer switch. The low beam wire overheated and melted the connector and the wire. I didn't want to scrounge around at the bone yard for another connector so I drew one up in the 'puter and 3D printed it. With the headlight relays in place, there won't be enough current flowing through the dimmer to be a problem again.

That's quite the printer. Nice job.