The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Raymond (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612847)

Elliot949 05-21-2014 05:50 PM

Re: Project "Class Act"

needs to go to frame shop first then I need to do a little work on the frame and paint it then all the "BLING" gets installed... Should have some good update pics by mid June...

Come on over.. I have a fresh Dr Pepper or beer... LOL

Dan

96Indyram 05-22-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot949 (Post 6687909)
needs to go to frame shop first then I need to do a little work on the frame and paint it then all the "BLING" gets installed... Should have some good update pics by mid June...

Come on over.. I have a fresh Dr Pepper or beer... LOL

Dan

I would Love to come over and help, but this weekend and next are pretty booked. I will actually be passing thru Winfield next weekend sometime.
Will be decorating a few graves and paying my respects to some family buried
at Highland Cemetery.

Elliot949 05-22-2014 07:02 AM

I will be around all weekend I think if you get a chance and want to swing by for a look...

Elliot949 06-16-2014 06:09 PM

Ok... Round 2 Project Class Act is on its way back to Chris Carlson's Hot Rods ( Formerly Chaotic Custom) for more welding work... and some frame work... Then it will be back home and ready to start getting the Frame assembled... I can't wait...

96Indyram 06-16-2014 07:30 PM

Great news!

Elliot949 06-16-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96Indyram (Post 6723724)
Great news!

man I have to save up the money to take it to them... LOL.. Cash 3481 ha been a huge help getting the truck over there today...

96Indyram 06-16-2014 09:34 PM

I hope to win the lottery but until I do.... I have to save up money for everything I do project wise. It seems from the posts I read on here Cash 3481 always has a truck on his trailer. Thats very cool he helped you get your truck to the shop.

I still haven't got to my projects. sense the rain started falling here a few months ago I have to wait for the ground to dry out to drag them out of the weeds. That and alot of rumors going around about my place of employment doing strange things,( hiring extra security guards and riot gear) I think I will hold out for a few more weeks to see what happens...lol

Cash3481 06-16-2014 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dan,
Here's a pic from today's drop off!
There is a lot of nice junk at that shop...lol
I bet it looks great when you/we go get it.
Mike

Cash3481 06-16-2014 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one
Hope you don't mind me posting so you can brag some.
Mike

Elliot949 06-17-2014 07:05 AM

Hey I don't mind at all... I Really appreciate the help getting it there... It probably won't look alot different when we go get it but it will very shortly after... alot depends on if I can afford to have him paint the chassis for me... if not then it comes home and I have to take the cab off of it paint the frame then start assembly of it...

Everything is equal to my Cubic Dollars ... When I get done with Round two at Chris Carlson's Hot Rods it will be back to sitting again for awhile...

Cash3481 06-17-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot949 (Post 6724347)
Hey I don't mind at all... I Really appreciate the help getting it there... It probably won't look alot different when we go get it but it will very shortly after... alot depends on if I can afford to have him paint the chassis for me... if not then it comes home and I have to take the cab off of it paint the frame then start assembly of it...

Everything is equal to my Cubic Dollars ... When I get done with Round two at Chris Carlson's Hot Rods it will be back to sitting again for awhile...

Yor wallet is like your motor...
"there's no replacement for displacement!"
Mike

Elliot949 06-17-2014 07:14 AM

Lol

Low Elco 06-17-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96Indyram (Post 6723925)
I hope to win the lottery but until I do.... I have to save up money for everything I do project wise. It seems from the posts I read on here Cash 3481 always has a truck on his trailer. Thats very cool he helped you get your truck to the shop.

I still haven't got to my projects. sense the rain started falling here a few months ago I have to wait for the ground to dry out to drag them out of the weeds. That and alot of rumors going around about my place of employment doing strange things,( hiring extra security guards and riot gear) I think I will hold out for a few more weeks to see what happens...lol

A friend of mine works there and is wondering the same thing.

Glad this is makin' progress! I still love the Chrome wheels.

Elliot949 06-17-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 6724397)
A friend of mine works there and is wondering the same thing.

Glad this is makin' progress! I still love the Chrome wheels.

Your friend works at Chris Carlson's Hot Rods?

Low Elco 06-18-2014 10:31 AM

Um, no. Spirit Aviation. Last sentence of the quote.

Elliot949 06-22-2014 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I worked on the Bed Floor a little today smoothing out the Spot welds... I hope to have it in primer in a couple days...

Elliot949 07-01-2014 07:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I took the Gas Tank and Shocks over to Chris Carlson's Hot Rods today and they have made a bit of progress on "Class Act"...

Elliot949 07-19-2014 03:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fixed the dimples from the spot welds in the bed floor and put in primer... the rest of the truck is still at Chris Carlson Hot Rods

Elliot949 08-03-2014 07:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I got a little bit done today... After Driving to Kansas City to return a Bad Front Bed Panel That is some of the Junk that comes out of Taiwan I spent most of the Day trying to get this stuff to fit together... The Bedsides are Dynacorn but the Front Panel, Tailgate, Wheel houses and Floor Are Counterparts Taiwan parts... The bed floor is the only part that is really pretty good... the front panel still has a few major issues but is workable... the wheel houses will need extensive work... The tailgate is bad enough that is won't even come close to closing so major work is inline for it too... Here is where it sits as of tonight...

67ctener 08-03-2014 09:03 PM

Looking good. Bummer about the bad luck with parts. My bed is also all repop with a wood floor and the only thing I was pleased with was the tailgate. It's key parts but has a few decent sized dents, one inside out one

Elliot949 08-03-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ctener (Post 6787212)
Looking good. Bummer about the bad luck with parts. My bed is also all repop with a wood floor and the only thing I was pleased with was the tailgate. It's key parts but has a few decent sized dents, one inside out one

My problem is nothing is even close to fitting especially the wheel houses... I am not even sure how I am going to get them to fit... I am thinking about springing for originals the next time some show up...

Low Elco 08-03-2014 09:52 PM

Always a bit of a crapshoot. You're making good progress, though!

Elliot949 08-03-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 6787319)
Always a bit of a crapshoot. You're making good progress, though!

Yeah... I think I am making more process than Chris Carlson Hot Rods Are on the frame and cab...

Cash3481 08-03-2014 11:32 PM

Dan,
Its progress none-the-less! Looking better every time I check it out.
If you need some wheel humps Ill look and see if there's a good pair out there. I have about 3-4 rust free sets but I know you want a real nice set with minimal dents too.
Ill look tomorrow!
Mike

Vic1947 08-03-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot949 (Post 6787266)
My problem is nothing is even close to fitting especially the wheel houses... I am not even sure how I am going to get them to fit... I am thinking about springing for originals the next time some show up...

Don't know if you're suffering from the same issue I had. I bought a Counterpart bedside from Classic and when I bolted it up, the holes that attached it to the floor lined up just fine. When I went to attach the wheel house, it was off by about 3/4". Assuming any other repop bedside would have the same problem, I cut the area out of the old bedside and grafted it into the new one. I was sure the problem wasn't the wheel house, as it was OEM and had fit the original bed just fine. Hopefully your situation can be solved by exchanging the wheel houses. Fingers crossed!