The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

special-K 10-07-2019 09:09 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

1 Attachment(s)
:lol: Well I hope that one wasn't occupied! :ack:

I was thinking of what was being put into the air for the surrounding residents. The regs apply for all residences, occupied or not. The concern is for the residual dust left behind. As a contractor I clean up my job daily and attempt to contain all dust, not just lead dust. But that's not good enough. I'm to report that the work is going on and they send an inspector. There is a license required. I am to keep records of every step, take pictures, use a hepa vacuum, place all debris in bags taped up, it goes on and on. I got a window job that the authorized Marvin Window contractor before me bid an extra $400 per window for compliance to lead containment laws. Four windows and it was $1,600 just for that bull squat. A one day job!

Dieseldawg having a bear tailing him (a little sketchy there) reminded me of this picture I took of my hand just up the road from my place. I never heard talk of bear around here, but proof is in the pudding... cherry pit pudding

davischevy 10-07-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8605753)
:lol:

Dieseldawg having a bear tailing him (a little sketchy there) reminded me of this picture I took of my hand just up the road from my place. I never heard talk of bear around here, but proof is in the pudding... cherry pit pudding

You got that idea form me using that giant frog for scale, didn't you. :lol::lol:

davischevy 10-07-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8605573)
Raising, or razing ???? :lol:

Though if you filled the basement with propane, you could probably do both at the same time :devil:

We have a house we bought next door I wish someone would Raise or raze, or set on fire. It is going to make a heck of a lot of dust when we tear it down, but no one lives near it. I'll get pictures when we get around to it.

davischevy 10-07-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Timber (Post 8605304)
Nice boots.

Red Wings, made in America. These are worn just right for comfort, but I have new pair I wear once in a while so they will be broke in when these completely wear out.

special-K 10-07-2019 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8605805)
You got that idea form me using that giant frog for scale, didn't you. :lol::lol:

I got that idea from Jack Daniels
Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8605812)
We have a house we bought next door I wish someone would Raise or raze, or set on fire. It is going to make a heck of a lot of dust when we tear it down, but no one lives near it. I'll get pictures when we get around to it.

Cool! Can't wait. I never used that word before and don't recall ever seeing it written. Gotta love the language that has two words that sound the same, especially when they have opposite meanings.
Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8605816)
Red Wings, made in America. These are worn just right for comfort, but I have new pair I wear once in a while so they will be broke in when these completely wear out.

I was going to say Red Wings but didn't want to be wrong. I have the same boots. They's Wellingtons. I used to only wear Red Wing Boots. But my feet bug me now and I came into wearing Timberlands because my feet don't bother me as much with those. I have a few different pairs of Red Wings that I can see lasting me the rest of my life

Picture from my favorite junkyard

Steeveedee 10-07-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8605805)

:lol: That rock! :lol: I really did think it was a frog at first. I need to get more sleep. I don't need drugs to see that stuff, just fatigue poisons.

davischevy 10-08-2019 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8605899)
:lol: That rock! :lol: I really did think it was a frog at first. I need to get more sleep. I don't need drugs to see that stuff, just fatigue poisons.

You and Dale may need to sleep it off. Hallucinations and stuttering are definite signs. of, of something.

special-K 10-08-2019 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I need some of that stuff. Nothing resembles a frog to me. I do see the toad

He's not my uncle, but I am descended from him. I find it interesting how they use words like 'slung', 'fur', and 'shoots' and then a word like 'intercedes'. The language those Indian traders were slangin' on was more formal than the one we booger up today

rgunlock 10-08-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8605969)
I find it interesting how they use words like 'slung', 'fur', and 'shoots' and then a word like 'intercedes'.

Well a deed is a legal document after all - gotta make it proper!

68Timber 10-08-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8605816)

Amen! I'm in the same spot. Those in my avatar are my "broke in" pair. I have a new pair that I've had at least four years now but they're nowhere near ready. The last is my third pair of Red Wings in 22 years. Great quality boots.

mingoman 10-08-2019 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now this is a frog. I found it in my son's yard and wished I could have found 20 more.

special-K 10-09-2019 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That guy is a big'un.

Hmmm... random picture

Gotenntitans 10-09-2019 11:04 PM

Cool pics.

68Timber 10-10-2019 03:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This year our oldest son started college and our youngest son is a senior in high school. So, for the first time ever, wifey and I were taking lake trips where the kids begged off. So we called them day dates and went. Sunset Lake Martin AL.

special-K 10-10-2019 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That 'thanks' shovel is my friendly way of saying 'No Trespassing'. Why come off like a curmudgeon when you can give a friendly warning of 'Trespassers get thanks'? :lol: A little left field on that one? Thought so. Actually, I have landscaped the steep bank on the opposite side of the road from my front porch. I put a "Please Do Not mow" shovel at the starting end and the "Thanks" one at the other as a 'carry on' message

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgunlock (Post 8606155)
Well a deed is a legal document after all - gotta make it proper!

True. Too bad our king didn't acknowledge such deeds. Yes king. I never think of it that way because I only know post-revolutionary war. These were the first Europeans to 'forge west' into the mountains. About 1 1/2hr drive from Washington, DC today (in good traffic)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Timber (Post 8606957)
This year our oldest son started college and our youngest son is a senior in high school. So, for the first time ever, wifey and I were taking lake trips where the kids begged off. So we called them day dates and went. Sunset Lake Martin AL.

Another nice sunset picture. Like a beautiful sunset at the end of a day, you and your wife are coming into the reward at the other end of raising your boys.

This may just be my favorite t-shirt. This is a real business that is in it's third generation. I used to deal with old man Rudy when I was young. That's what the sign says out front. A real welding shop with a beer sales (now wine and liquor, too). At one time it was the only beer sales license in the whole valley. The best part was it sat between the farm I lived on and town. If you can only have one convenience in a fairly remote area... :cool:

FleetsidePaul 10-10-2019 09:15 AM

I LOVE that shirt!

yuccales 10-10-2019 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kind of an odd pic for a Chevy forum... then again consider the source! :lol:

Killer Bee 10-10-2019 08:09 PM

I prefer to stay above the waterline :flag:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/d1k3vjh557a...eaArk.jpg?dl=0

davischevy 10-10-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 8607325)
Kind of an odd pic for a Chevy forum... then again consider the source! :lol:

You have my respect. I had a claustrophobic attack looking at the picture. Put me on top of a tall structure. but not in a tube. :lol:

Steeveedee 10-10-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8607331)
You have my respect. I had a claustrophobic attack looking at the picture. Put me on top of a tall structure. but not in a tube. :lol:

Pssh. There's more room there than I have in my "shop", which is part of a two-car garage!

davischevy 10-10-2019 11:30 PM

I'm with Killer. We country boys. Boats float on top of the water. When our boats go under, we have a problem Jack.

Steeveedee 10-10-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8607440)
I'm with Killer. We country boys. Boats float on top of the water. When our boats go under, we have a problem Jack.

Heh, I worked in the engine room on Navy ships. My last assigned ship was an aircraft carrier. If I got it right, I was about 80 feet below the flight deck, and was for sure under a BUNCH of sea level water. I was going to serve on subs, but opted out when I found out that some of them submerge for six months.

special-K 10-11-2019 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8607020)
I LOVE that shirt!

I cherish that one. I only wear it on special occasions. Want one? Now that the grand daughter runs it, and she is licensed to sell liquor (and added wine), the shirts say and Cold Beer, Wine, & Liquor. She added a big logo on the back, too. What size? Long sleeve/short sleeve, color preference? :cool: Sonny Rudy was a street rod builder. He built the first old cabover street rod I ever saw back in the '80s. It was around a '40 Ford on a late 1t chassis, white with flame job, Hodges-style ramp body to haul his street rod

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...78RKZoOUuGd2Lo
Tells the story of how it came to be:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...M3BjcaSJxcWC_G

My brother-in-law was in the band "The Nighthawks" until a year ago. He was the guitar player. This was at a benefit near Front Royal, VA

yuccales 10-11-2019 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8607330)
I prefer to stay above the waterline :flag:

You got that right! Plus, you don't have to deal with "small" doors!

The Rocknrod 10-11-2019 08:15 AM

Russian Navy?

special-K 10-11-2019 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I toured the Torsk in Baltimore with my grandson. That's my only time in a sub for me. I have a picture but my daughter took it.

Old farm fuel pump

GOPAPA 10-11-2019 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
An old Bus that used to rest out near my old place in Oregon

Attachment 1948410

Ol Blue K20 10-11-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8607549)
An old Bus that used to rest out near my old place in Oregon

Attachment 1948410

Rest or rust?...:lol:

cornerstone 10-11-2019 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool trim design on this Lark VIII, looks like an eyebrow.

72c20customcamper 10-11-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerstone (Post 8607640)
Cool trim design on this Lark VIII, looks like an eyebrow.

Looks like a 61. I believe very early 61's had single headlamps then mid run they changed to duals like my 62

72c20customcamper 10-11-2019 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bluff Utah

72c20customcamper 10-11-2019 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Other side

72c20customcamper 10-11-2019 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yellowstone

Ok time to get back to work on the stepside.

72c20customcamper 10-11-2019 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more. You feel very vulnerable when these guys decide to cross the road in front and around you when your on a motorcycle

yuccales 10-11-2019 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 8607517)
Russian Navy?

Yep. Next to the Queen Mary that sub is small. When you get in the sub, then you realize how small it really is. I swear you could put that sub in the Queen Mary's engine room.

Steeveedee 10-11-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8607669)
Other side

MAN, I'd like to have that truck on the left in the second pic, even if it was D-D-D-D-odge.

powerdriver 10-11-2019 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Perplexed by a crushed and plugged poop pipe people pasted pieces of plastic together while playing plumber to push pungent poo to it's proper place .

Saturday Night it became painfully apparent something was wrong with the pipe from the house to the septic tank . So I loaded Mama up and we spent the night with my oldest boy . Next morning i found a rental company open on Sunday . Picked up a bobcat mini ex . All 3 boys showed up to help . Done before dark .

Wonder why this crap always seems to happen on the weekends . Cost 430 bucks for the machine and stuff to repair everything . Pretty cheap it seems to me .

(PS Needed a new set of boots afterwards)

Curtb1971 10-12-2019 01:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just like powerdriver fixing broke stuff. Relocating a electrical service Wednesday right before our cold snowstorm. The whole time working I was hearing an odd squeak of tree limbs. Cleaned up and headed out then 15 minutes later got the "you won't believe what happened" phone call from the client. Funny thing is that the work I was setting up for was going from an overhead line to an underground service. Mother nature just couldn't wait til next week:lol:

special-K 10-12-2019 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My '61 Champ had that trim

67swb72klb 10-12-2019 12:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Neighbors property and the end of the driveway at my northern Mi getaway