The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   LFD's low buck truck build! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=223158)

RustyVolks 01-06-2014 04:04 PM

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

Awesome thread.. Thank you for taking time to post details and pictures.. You da man!!

Rokcrln 01-28-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 (Post 6449601)
I know it's a long shot, but do you happen to still have the slot mags off this truck?

No those went to a guy in Vacaville 6-7 years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyVolks (Post 6456452)
Awesome thread.. Thank you for taking time to post details and pictures.. You da man!!

Thank you, it's part of the fun of sharing and hopefully paying back a bit.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

SeniorVerde 02-13-2014 04:46 PM

I saw this today, and it reminded me of this thread:

Not quite as cool looking, but about the same amount of work :lol: http://www.wimp.com/shipstretched/

pocketpool 06-04-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 2069342)
Well I took a personal day today:o While the owner of Lemon Drop was hard at work finishing up the misc block sanding in the shop I was out side working on Low Buck. I finished up the bed welding and then started pulling dents, their sure were alot of them! I thought this bed was rough but not this rough! Well after a few hours of pulling and filling it started to get with the program. I have a few hours left with the long board and then it will be ready for a nice heavy coat of high build primer. Here are a few pics.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

How did the bottom of the bed match back up in the rear ?

Rokcrln 06-23-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocketpool (Post 6707236)
How did the bottom of the bed match back up in the rear ?

Sorry this is late but.... So to answer your question if I remember right it didn't! The forward lower edge was longer then the rear most section, so I lined it up from the body line down as I was tacking it together and then trimmed off the extra metal. I think I remember using a straight edge to line it up on one plane then snipped off the extra.

PS. If you lower it enough no one will ever see it if left long:lol:

Kevin
LFD Inc.

pocketpool 06-23-2014 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 6732163)
Sorry this is late but.... So to answer your question if I remember right it didn't! The forward lower edge was longer then the rear most section, so I lined it up from the body line down as I was tacking it together and then trimmed off the extra metal. I think I remember using a straight edge to line it up on one plane then snipped off the extra.

PS. If you lower it enough no one will ever see it if left long:lol:

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and tried it

tommyd241 08-03-2014 01:38 AM

Just went through your entire thread and all I can say is impressive! Your fabrication skills and ingenuity are amazing!

Did you relocate the rear shock mounts for a more up-right position on your rear flip? Or were you not too concerned since you have the helper air-bag set-up.

Rokcrln 08-25-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocketpool (Post 6732300)
Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and tried it

Looks great, nice job!
Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyd241 (Post 6786320)
Just went through your entire thread and all I can say is impressive! Your fabrication skills and ingenuity are amazing!

Did you relocate the rear shock mounts for a more up-right position on your rear flip? Or were you not too concerned since you have the helper air-bag set-up.

Yes I was not worried about it because the angle I feel works good and if you need more support you can step up to a firmer shock because of the angle.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Rokcrln 12-17-2014 10:52 AM

Hey guys this truck is still for sale ( http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ow-buck&cat=12 ) and can be had for what I feel is a giveaway price considering what has gone into this truck and its history. Also being my personal truck no corners were cut and nothing was over looked.

Kevin
LFD

67ChevyRedneck 12-18-2014 02:43 PM

Still love this truck! I honestly thought it had changed hands already.

How many miles have you put on her since finished? Seemed like you were really driving it a lot for a while there!

Just curious, it's way out of my price range.

Rokcrln 12-19-2014 10:41 AM

I think about 17k since I started driving it but only about 7,000 miles since paint and motor swap.

Kevin
LFD

superflysteiny 12-27-2014 01:34 PM

Nice work man thanks for the pics

88Stanger 03-17-2015 10:22 AM

This post may be several years old since it was done, but damn fine job!!! Thanks so much, I am sure that MANY of us have benefited from this!!! Again, Thanks to ROKCRIN!!!

GR8-68 10-12-2016 06:26 AM

I love the simple easy instruction on cutting down a long bed. I am a simple man anyway :lol: Thanks and nice build :chevy:

Couch 01-08-2017 07:46 PM

Awesome build man. Very informative and helpful. One question I have, is with a longbed, i recently bought PB fab trailing arm crossmember, if I just move it forward that foot that you cut out under the cab and install it there and lop off the frame behind that and install a chris alston backhalf, that will essentially leave me with the shortbed wheel base will it not?

evoLnivleK 11-02-2018 05:42 AM

Thank you again for the tutorial on cutting down the C10. It was invaluable in this process.