The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random pictures that you did not take. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=837331)

Stocker 09-19-2022 09:19 AM

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9125616)
I don't even watch Football anymore. They cured me when they started kneeling.

Yep, me too.

FleetsidePaul 09-19-2022 11:18 AM

I still watch football. I know they do some dumb stuff on there but if you drink enough beer you don't care.

special-K 09-20-2022 07:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've never been a football on TV watcher, or any professional sport. I never got how the guys would all want to sit inside to watch someone else play a sport on a beautiful Sunday. It all started when we were young and athletic.
Me: "It's a great day. Let's get everybody together for a game of football"

Them: "We'd like to but the game is on"

Me: "Screw that"

Random picture I didn't take. I like this crabber's boat. I'm a truck guy. This is my kind of boat!

Warrens69GMC 09-25-2022 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm

FleetsidePaul 09-26-2022 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC (Post 9127896)
Hmm

I think it's cool.

special-K 09-26-2022 05:27 AM

A wild idea! Would've worked better on a pre-81. Just looking at that makes my spindle hurt

special-K 10-02-2022 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I just may have seen it all now

Warrens69GMC 10-02-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9129968)
I think I just may have seen it all now

Wouldn't have done that, but well done.

Sheepdip 10-02-2022 05:10 PM

That's so they can "Dump" lot's of water on the fire!

special-K 10-02-2022 07:21 PM

Innovative? Dumping dirt on a fire will certainly put it out!

leddzepp 10-04-2022 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol:

FleetsidePaul 10-04-2022 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 9130502)
:lol:

Excuse my ignorance but I'm trying to figure out what that even is?

Is it a battery terminal?

leddzepp 10-04-2022 01:52 AM

:haha:

Yeah, it’s a battery terminal. I ran across an ad on Facebook and that pic is posted in the ad as a selling point of the product. They should just post a pic of a car burning to the ground.

Kinda like one of those octopus looking things you see on an AC wall outlet :lol:

FleetsidePaul 10-04-2022 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 9130511)
:haha:

Yeah, it’s a battery terminal. I ran across an ad on Facebook and that pic is posted in the ad as a selling point of the product. They should just post a pic of a car burning to the ground.

Kinda like one of those octopus looking things you see on an AC wall outlet :lol:

No kidding? Jesus H. Christ. I am at a loss for words. What are they running off all those wires? Have they ever heard of a fuse? I doubt any of that is fused.

You're right. Just sit back and get the marshmallows ready and wait for the fire.

Maybe BBQ a couple of Oscar Mayer weenies too. Dodger Dogs. Yummy. :)

Reminds me of something that happened at the Pomona Swap meet. Some guy was selling air bags with signs all over the place saying how good they were. He had some cars on display all pumped up. No big deal. I walked right past it.

Then one of his "indestructible' air bags exploded. It was like a bomb went off. My ears were ringing and people were running and Pomona gets pretty crowded. Everybody freaked out. It was a situation. I just looked at at my friend and said WTF was that? My ears were ringing. I don't know what he said. Probably "What?'. That thing was LOUD! Talk about percussion. Whoa!

And this seller guy just stood there with his dumb signs trying to sell his POS airbags like nothing happened. These people will try to sell you anything.

72c20customcamper 10-31-2022 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy little guy

Steeveedee 10-31-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9139238)
Happy little guy

How fast was he going when he hit that tree? :D

Boog 10-31-2022 08:52 AM

Leemooo!

special-K 10-31-2022 08:54 AM

That takes no imagination what so ever. I wasn't expecting this to be an ostrich post (har har)

yuccales 11-03-2022 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was looking at Haggerty trucks for sale and saw this. Hope my eyes are just bad. :eek:

4u2nv 11-03-2022 08:15 PM

Hmmm
Would it be that it looks like no cotter pin on the bottom of that steering arm ????

yuccales 11-03-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 9140528)
Hmmm
Would it be that it looks like no cotter pin on the bottom of that steering arm ????

That's what I saw.

72c20customcamper 11-03-2022 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Improvise adapt overcome

Warrens69GMC 11-03-2022 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9140549)
improvise adapt overcome

lol

special-K 11-04-2022 06:54 AM

Quote:

Improvise adapt overcome

Ha Ha, that's great! Reminds me of the stupid air filter housing on my push mower. The cover didn't click on well and liked to fall off while mowing. One time I didn't noticed and ran it over along with the filter. To finish mowing (and a few more mows) I cut a piece of screen out, put a rag over it, and zip-tied it on. I bought a new cover that fits worse. It is now screwed in place.

Also reminds me of my rolling trash bin. It's from when I moved here in '87 and been through two company acquisitions (new stickers) a I also changed companies once. I could ask this company for a new bin but the old ones are larger, and now it has become an endurance test.

They've banged it down on the pavement so hard on an angle the axle has popped off several times. I fix it. Then a wheel broke, I replaced them. They broke those wheels, so I put pneumatics on. I got tired of the axle popping out, so I bolted blocks across to prevent it. People are out restoring 1987 Chevy trucks and I'm still daily (weekly) driving my '87 trash bin. It's also worn through the bottom front from 35 years of dragging. I am known to load it up. They have a hoist and I have unlimited service. They've never complained about my construction debris I've filtered through my curbside pickup. I have ideas for the worn bottom but lately I've been wondering if I should just ask for a new bin. In the meantime I don't throw anything in loose I don't want laying in my driveway. I'll throw a pizza box or other cardboard in first.

mr.mud1 11-11-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Improvise adapt overcome

Fred Flintstone lawn mower,that'll work.