The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=640843)

68Timber 04-17-2015 07:07 PM

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Looks great, SCOTI. Nice work. I'm guessing here - 6x9's in the back corners and sub box behind the rear seat?

bbbc10 04-17-2015 09:56 PM

looks awesome!!!! wish I was making this much progress lol if your at the shop this weekend I will come get that x-member from you

SCOTI 04-18-2015 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUISER (Post 7137366)
Looks great, SCOTI. Nice work. I'm guessing here - 6x9's in the back corners and sub box behind the rear seat?

Bingo.

I need the corner pieces to determine paint or not worry. I'm betting paint based on my issues.

SCOTI 04-18-2015 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbc10 (Post 7137571)
looks awesome!!!! wish I was making this much progress lol if your at the shop this weekend I will come get that x-member from you

It's almost like I live there..... 7-7 @ work then walk out back to the shop.

bbbc10 04-18-2015 08:37 PM

wish I had a shop or even a garage to work on mine.....it would probably been done by now lol

SCOTI 04-19-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbc10 (Post 7138545)
wish I had a shop or even a garage to work on mine.....it would probably been done by now lol

Sent you a text earlier today. Been @ my shop since noon-ish but haven't heard from you. You have my number so it's in your court to set something up.

Sodell 04-19-2015 08:45 PM

Great progress Scoti

SCOTI 04-19-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodell (Post 7139942)
Great progress Scoti

Thanks (to all of you guys).....

aggie91 04-20-2015 11:05 AM

Nice progress on this one. Korbin bought an '84 CCLB C20 this past week for $900. 454/TH400. He spent $17 to repair a gas leak on the main line to the carb, through in a battery and has been driving it. The spid in the glove box does not match the VIN so no real idea what gears are in it. Did a little wire clean up on it this weekend to remove wires that the PO added for stuff that went to nothing. Fixed the speedo cable using the one from White Trash that I did not need. Now he just needs to decide what to do with it.

Do you have an extra bench seat lower frame by chance?

SCOTI 04-20-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 7140608)
Nice progress on this one. Korbin bought an '84 CCLB C20 this past week for $900. 454/TH400. He spent $17 to repair a gas leak on the main line to the carb, through in a battery and has been driving it. The spid in the glove box does not match the VIN so no real idea what gears are in it. Did a little wire clean up on it this weekend to remove wires that the PO added for stuff that went to nothing. Fixed the speedo cable using the one from White Trash that I did not need. Now he just needs to decide what to do with it.

Do you have an extra bench seat lower frame by chance?

I saw where he picked that cc up. Nice score for the price considering it runs. Any pics posted yet? I sold the front bench last year when I did a 'shop clean-out' to create room for working on the bed mods.

SCOTI 04-24-2015 06:53 PM

Been sick all week & it has been constantly raining but I made progress....

Got the rear seat from my buddy on Monday. Turned out very nice.

I'm about 3/4's through my reinforcement frame work for the front door panel inserts (rears are ready). I'll finish the fronts tomorrow (not supposed to rain) so my buddy can stitch up the F + R inserts & finish the panels out. I tried epoxying the one really bad gouge on my OE rear door panel w/no success. I was able to peel the stuff out after letting it set up for almost 48hrs. I super-glued it now just too see what would happen. I was hoping to just fill the gouged area, DA the panel top, coat it w/some SEM texture coating, & then re-paint w/the SEM interior Top Coat. I'll see how the Super Glue faired tonight....

Got the cab-corner 6x9 speaker brackets in from bigblock73 on Wednesday. Worked on installing the 6x9 brackets to the cab & then the 6x9's to the brackets. Lined the brackets w/Boom Matt as well as the cab corners. I'm ready to test fit the rear seat now that the brackets/speakers are in place & all the seat belts as well (I didn't have the holes punched in the carpet yet & the belts/housings had not been cleaned). I'll get the seat installed tomorrow & that determines what happens on the speaker brackets (interior color or out of sight satin black).

I also lined the front kick panel sheet metal sections of the cab w/some Boom Matt so they're ready for installing the speaker-pod/kick-panels once I plumb the wiring from the amp forward (I hope to get that tomorrow).

Haven't gotten around to the master cylinder so that needs to be done & the brakes bled yet again.....

aggie91 04-27-2015 09:28 AM

Sounds like good progress. We had goo weather here over the weekend, but the storm that rolled thru DFW yesterday, hit here about 1 am this morning...After tomorrow, looks good thru the weekend.

You headed to Pate this weekend? I plan on getting up there Friday morning sometime and staying thru all day Saturday or maybe even Sunday.

SCOTI 04-27-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 7150206)
Sounds like good progress. We had goo weather here over the weekend, but the storm that rolled thru DFW yesterday, hit here about 1 am this morning...After tomorrow, looks good thru the weekend.

You headed to Pate this weekend? I plan on getting up there Friday morning sometime and staying thru all day Saturday or maybe even Sunday.

No... I'll miss Pate this year. Going to Georgia to visit my parents for their 50th Anniversary. That's a long time putting up w/each others crap (or being there for each other depending on your perspective :lol: ).

I didn't get everything done that I wanted to this weekend though. My buddy wound up taking Sat off so I didn't have any help to get the bench installed. He'll be working on the front seat arm rests, sun visors, & door panel inserts tomorrow so while he's on this side of town, I'll try & get him to swing by & help me move the seat into the cab.

Then while I have him here.... I'll try & get him to help bleed the brakes too.

aggie91 04-28-2015 10:16 AM

enjoy your time with your parents. Mine had their 50th in 2013...They dated for 5 years before they got married...

Low Elco 04-29-2015 01:39 PM

Enjoy your trip. Truck's lookin' great!

SCOTI 04-29-2015 10:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Managed to get some help & set the rear seat in place for a better idea on what to do w/the cab corner speakers. The brackets are from Jeff (bigblock73) & are very nice. Install was pretty straight forward.

After seeing things in place, I'm just going to satin black the panels since they're tucked out of sight for the most part. I feel painting them interior color is just going to draw your attention to something that's otherwise out of view.....

SCOTI 04-29-2015 10:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The other thing I worked on was repairing the ugly gouge on the drivers rear door panel.

SCOTI 04-29-2015 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried to fill the gouge w/clear epoxy but it didn't work & peeled right off w/my thumbnail. I did a 2nd attempt w/some plain old superglue. I couldn't get it off so I filled the gouge as much as possible & let it set-up. I DA'd it, repeated the SG fill, DA'd again, & wiped it down w/cleaner. I used SEM texture spray to get the texture pattern back & then top coated it w/SEM color-coat.

Turned out good enough for a tow pig.....

tune_1 04-29-2015 11:30 PM

The repair on the gouge looks great.

Dwight

JWall 04-30-2015 08:01 AM

Everything is looking good!
Nice work on the door panel repair too!!!

aggie91 04-30-2015 09:23 AM

Repair looks good. Interior looking good too.

Hankster 04-30-2015 05:53 PM

Got that interior lookin good!

lolife99 04-30-2015 08:02 PM

Outstanding work on everything!

Captkaos 06-18-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 7126285)
LoL.... I just got through reading your thread last night! I like your set-up & would love to replicate it.

Thanks, I want to duplicate it again on another truck...

Nice job you are doing.

SCOTI 07-10-2015 09:37 PM

Still progressing....

Seats all bolted down.
Stereo wiring & cables routed.
Dash w/new a/c vents installed.
Gauge cluster installed but I still need to plug the new tach wire in to validate functionality & reconnect the speedo before I complete the install (bezel). It appears the relocated gas gauge is good to go.
Door panels are now installed. Insulating them made a noticeable difference when closing the doors. They also got new electric switches where worn, new door handle trim bezels, & old school black door lock knobs. I really am glad I eliminated the door pull straps. So much cleaner.....

Still need to finish up the connections for the stereo head unit & install the glove box. Next is to do a shop alignment & swap the master cylinder. Then re-install the bed for some line-X.

My side project has slowed the pace (engine compartment makeover @RattleCanKustoms on a 70 elcamino SS clone). But, it's for my buddys son so its worth the added wait