The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   4x4 Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   New Project at Musclerodz - '68 K20 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=269534)

msgross 12-08-2009 10:07 PM

Re: New Project at Musclerodz - '68 K20

wow, i didn't notice the nose color change... nice..

duallyjams 12-09-2009 10:00 AM

I searched the thread, I might have missed it, my question is about the hydro boost, what and how.

Musclerodz 12-10-2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 3664483)
I searched the thread, I might have missed it, my question is about the hydro boost, what and how.

it is from a 74 chevy 1t, made the fireall plate, had to enlarge the firewall hole. Also had to alter rod length to hook up to brake pedal. I also used factory lines from a 74 chevy as well and just rebent to fit.

Musclerodz 12-10-2009 02:33 AM

Fixed the vibration issue this evening, had a bad clutch and pressure plate. Installed a new one, and all seems good now. Now need to finish the details and get it home for Christmas!

Conroe trucker 12-17-2009 06:49 PM

Nice job.
I have used Raptor and love it.
Even used it under the hood.

Might I suggest, painted white rims with some original dog dishs........

Would like to see some more detail or entire string on how to mate the trans on a 4x4. That sounds like the ticket.

Lafayette 68K20 12-18-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conroe trucker (Post 3679984)
Nice job.
I have used Raptor and love it.
Even used it under the hood.

Might I suggest, painted white rims with some original dog dishs........

Would like to see some more detail or entire string on how to mate the trans on a 4x4. That sounds like the ticket.

Greetings Conroe trucker - thanks for the suggestions. I'll let Mike respond to the transmission question.

Regarding the rims/dog dishes - I really like the new wheels and plan to use them in the summer months. I'm actually very interested in finding a set of original wheels and hubcaps/beauty rings that I could throw some good snow tires on. I've heard there's some aftermarket products that are really good, I'm just not sure what the original wheel size/style (and part number to reference) was for a 68 K20 CST, or what kind of hubcaps (let alone part number) would have come on the truck. Any info you have on that would be great - thanks!

Conroe trucker 12-18-2009 02:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Please take it as it was meant, only a suggestion. Everyone has their own tastes and desires, and those are based off of what we grew up wanting and riding in. Not to mention the budgets we have to deal with.

Attached are some pictures of a truck I was interested in some time ago on Ebay. Not sure if it is period correct, but to me it looks right.

I have a 70 SWB SS 4x4 I am restoring this summer. After the 67 4x4 is finished, which is very soon. It may get this skinny tire original stance treatment......

I feel the painted rims make the truck a little more authentic than non stock looking rims. I have rallys on my 67 4x4 but the color combo is so close to yours, that I might have to seriously consider going this route.

Gotta admit, those white rims make it one clean S.O.B., and it would go good with your grill and tailgate letters. (still have not decided to do that or not)

Anyway, for what it is worth!

Mike

Dieselwrencher 12-18-2009 04:28 PM

That does look very nice. If I can find some 16.5x9.75 steel wheels, I would like to do that on my Longhorn. But I haven't had any luck finding any. :(

Musclerodz 12-26-2009 12:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We had the most snowfall in OKC recorded history yesterday and could not help myself testing the 4wd function. Drift was between 24"-30" in front of the shop and handled it perfectly. If it had been mine, there were a few more drifts I would have loved to play in.:metal:

msgross 01-15-2012 03:53 PM

any updates on this build, been a few years so I'm sure the new owner is loving it..