The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   picture of a drag link angle please (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=403601)

blazin 05-20-2010 12:22 AM

picture of a drag link angle please

1 Attachment(s)
i lifted my blazer, used a raised steering arm and im wondering if the angle is right. here is a pic of mine... could some please post a stock or a lifted proper drag link angle. im having problems with my steering and trying to eliminate things.. :chevy:

turp mcspray 05-20-2010 02:24 PM

Re: picture of a drag link angle please

It should be level. You will have to add a dropped pitman arm to get it there. If you plan on any wheeling that requires articulation, you will be wanting a crossover steering in no time. LOL!

msgross 05-20-2010 02:25 PM

hmm, sounds familiar...

Critter 05-20-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turp mcspray (Post 3987698)
It should be level. You will have to add a dropped pitman arm to get it there.

:agree:

blazin 05-20-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critter (Post 3988040)
:agree:

i just bought a dropped drag link.. took it for a quick road test.. it was raining and still is, so it was hard to tell, but i think that fixed the problem. now i have a new problem tho.. i broke one of the grease nipples off.. 230 bucks well spent :banghead: is there a fix for that?

Critter 05-20-2010 11:02 PM

Easy-out or bolt-extractor or whatever you want to call it might get it out.

bigbadchev72 05-21-2010 12:13 AM

If you bought a Z shaped dropped draglink then you wasted your money anyways.......... the tierods on them are junk. you should have gotten the dropped pitman arm that bolts onto the steering box for a little over $100.

chevyblazer 05-21-2010 03:00 AM

you should put a hiegher one but y think that to hi recomend to shange the steering shaft for one thats like a zig zag if it doesnt work your going to have to chenge the sterring box for a 2 wheel drive and put the sterring shaft across like the super dutys fords that way it turns better and its softer in the sand or what ever your on with the 4x4

blazin 05-21-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbadchev72 (Post 3988824)
If you bought a Z shaped dropped draglink then you wasted your money anyways.......... the tierods on them are junk. you should have gotten the dropped pitman arm that bolts onto the steering box for a little over $100.

my blazer isnt a everyday or off road rig.. the pitman arm is the same price and i would have had to wait 2-3 weeks for it. i'll be lucky if i put 1000 km on this thing this summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyblazer (Post 3988974)
you should put a hiegher one but y think that to hi recomend to shange the steering shaft for one thats like a zig zag if it doesnt work your going to have to chenge the sterring box for a 2 wheel drive and put the sterring shaft across like the super dutys fords that way it turns better and its softer in the sand or what ever your on with the 4x4

. im pretty sure i dont need to do cross over steering in a street truck with a 6 inch lift. i have a new steering box on this thing all ready. if this dropped drag link fixes my steering problem.. i will be able to sleep at night.

msgross 05-21-2010 04:22 PM

let us know how it comes out...

blazin 05-21-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msgross (Post 3989746)
let us know how it comes out...

i got the broke off one out and new one in.. seemed to easy. its great having a site like this where i can learn. i'll let ya know tomorrow if the steering is fix or if i just thought it was. thanx for your help.