The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership! (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=767953)

jeffg1010 07-21-2018 06:33 PM

My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
1 Attachment(s)
I bought this Blazer six years ago. At the time, I didn't have the money, time OR the garage space for a project. But I REALLY wanted a Blazer. Anybody that has followed my build thread probably knows that when I bought it, I had it shipped to my dads house to store until the day came that I could start it. For the past 6 years, it has been roomies with my dads '71 C10 Stepside and his '63 Nova SS (which he sold last year) I have gotten a little bit done on it since I bought it but it is 3 hours (and two states) away.

What I didn't realize back then was the adversity we'd face in the time since. A layoff, a "near" marriage meltdown, a career change, a new business AND a new house last year. When we got the new house, I was pumped up about my 3 car garage but it's been junked up with all of the stuff from our move and a half dozen golf carts (that I build on the side).

That all changes today. The Blazer just got on the interstate heading this direction. This week, I scheduled a shipper with uship and he just picked it up. I'll add some pics! Two and a half hours away!

jeffg1010 07-21-2018 06:34 PM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
Original build thread for anybody interested...

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=522548

lks dcvn 07-21-2018 08:44 PM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
Awww yeah! Congrats on getting it in the garage of your new place. Life can shift your priorities along the way now - but the truck is footsteps away instead of hours/states.

swyfor5 07-22-2018 03:14 AM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
Awesome thing to get it home! It's always good to have it close, so you can work on it a little every day!

RustyBucket 07-22-2018 10:46 AM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
WOW!! TIME FLIES! Looked at this post and clicked on your build thread.... and there was my Blazer not long before I bought it from Dave(Blazester). My Ol' Blazer looks pretty much the same but I'll bet Sam has changed a LOT.... is that you or SAM in the trailer pictures? I'm sorry life got in the way and you haven't been able to enjoy your Blazer... as much as I have mine. Funny you mention golf carts, as I kinda compare mine to a giant golf cart. I can burble around the neighborhood & visit with the neighbors OR blast the tires off OR rip off up I-95. Glad to see you've got it home so you can enjoy it.

jeffg1010 07-22-2018 10:53 AM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lks dcvn (Post 8305960)
Awww yeah! Congrats on getting it in the garage of your new place. Life can shift your priorities along the way now - but the truck is footsteps away instead of hours/states.

Agreed! It arrived in one piece. Me and the truck driver celebrated with a beer. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by swyfor5 (Post 8306141)
Awesome thing to get it home! It's always good to have it close, so you can work on it a little every day!

Definitely

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyBucket (Post 8306251)
WOW!! TIME FLIES! Looked at this post and clicked on your build thread.... and there was my Blazer not long before I bought it from Dave(Blazester). My Ol' Blazer looks pretty much the same but I'll bet Sam has changed a LOT.... is that you or SAM in the trailer pictures? I'm sorry life got in the way and you haven't been able to enjoy your Blazer... as much as I have mine. Funny you mention golf carts, as I kinda compare mine to a giant golf cart. I can burble around the neighborhood & visit with the neighbors OR blast the tires off OR rip off up I-95. Glad to see you've got it home so you can enjoy it.

I wish I couldve afforded Dave's back then! Your Blazer is awesome. Definitely a dream builder that made this project happen.

It's home. I opened the garage door twice last night just to check it out. I've already been out once this morning to sit in it. I'm like a kid at Christmas.

jeffg1010 07-22-2018 10:55 AM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Last night after we unloaded

Tom Vogel 07-22-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffg1010 (Post 8306254)
Last night after we unloaded

Itís good you got it when you could. Time to go to work!
Posted via Mobile Device

jeffg1010 07-22-2018 12:10 PM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
1 Attachment(s)
She fits!

jeffg1010 07-22-2018 12:11 PM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vogel (Post 8306280)
Itís good you got it when you could. Time to go to work!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks!

BabyBlue 07-23-2018 05:02 PM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
Cool dude, maybe now you can go to some cruises down here with it.

BIG ORANGE 07-24-2018 09:50 AM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
Glad she's back at the house Jeff. Now its time to get busy....

jeffg1010 07-24-2018 09:00 PM

Re: My Blazer is finally making the trek home - after 6 years of ownership!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyBlue (Post 8307121)
Cool dude, maybe now you can go to some cruises down here with it.

Im getting it tagged this week. Hoping to make some cruises this summer but I'm not sure if I'll make the Kannapolis cruise nights. Maybe?!


Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG ORANGE (Post 8307671)
Glad she's back at the house Jeff. Now its time to get busy....

Already on it. Tune in to my build thread to see her new shoes!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=522548


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com