The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   55.2-59 Looking for a volunteer...FREE cab corner speaker brackets (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=776818)

bigblock73 12-07-2018 02:10 PM

Looking for a volunteer...FREE cab corner speaker brackets

I am in the middle of developing 6x9 cab corner speaker brackets for the 55.5-59 GM trucks, and am looking for a volunteer to test fit them into their truck and provide overall feedback.

Here are the details...

I will sent a prototype set to you free of charge, and ask that you install them promptly and provide pictures/feedback.

If they fit perfectly out of the box, they are yours to keep for free.

If they need tweaks, I need to know what they are so I can make those changes, and will then send you another set free of charge to install and keep for your truck.

Please rely here or send me a PM if you are interested, If you live close to Minneapolis MN that would be ideal, so we can do this in person...otherwise shipping out of state is not a concern.

Thanks everyone!

akdg87 12-07-2018 02:31 PM

Re: Looking for a volunteer...FREE cab corner speaker brackets

I live in Alaska and have a cameo that has had the gas tank relcoated. Its readily accessible.. heck id even cover the shipping if its more than you want to spend.

sack54 12-07-2018 03:01 PM

I will try them for you and also buy them if they fit good

bigblock73 12-07-2018 03:20 PM

I might end up using you both. PM's coming.

nvrdone 12-08-2018 12:59 AM

when you do a set for an AD series truck, id be interested in testing them.
Mine's a "49 3 window cab with the gas tank removed.

bowt1ed 12-09-2018 09:52 PM

If either of the first two don't work out, I'll be glad to try them out. Have relocated tank, replaced both inner & outer cab corners, and in epoxy primer. Just starting on interior.

Cheers, Jim

57tailgater 12-10-2018 12:27 PM

Are these designed to be used with or without the stock gas tank?

mikebte 12-10-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57tailgater (Post 8402743)

I agree, I also have seat belts in the same general location. Wonder if they would clear.

bigblock73 12-14-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57tailgater (Post 8402743)

Without, tank would obviously be in the way.

bigblock73 12-14-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebte (Post 8402793)
I agree, I also have seat belts in the same general location. Wonder if they would clear.

Can you, or someone, please post a picture of the factory seatbelts, installed in a truck? Also, were seatbelts standard on all trucks, optional, and what years?

Thanks!

bigblock73 12-14-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvrdone (Post 8401212)
when you do a set for an AD series truck, id be interested in testing them.
Mine's a "49 3 window cab with the gas tank removed.

I already have them for the 47-54/55...link in my signature. You can order them from www.73-87.com

Thanks.

bigblock73 12-14-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowt1ed (Post 8402390)
If either of the first two don't work out, I'll be glad to try them out. Have relocated tank, replaced both inner & outer cab corners, and in epoxy primer. Just starting on interior.

Cheers, Jim

Thanks Jim, I will let you know. Already have 2 volunteers. Still tweaking the design. These trucks are providing a few challenges for me.

sack54 12-14-2018 06:35 PM

No seat belts unless they were installed.Only jack mount on drivers side floor.

mikebte 12-14-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblock73 (Post 8405331)
Can you, or someone, please post a picture of the factory seatbelts, installed in a truck? Also, were seatbelts standard on all trucks, optional, and what years?

Thanks!

Correct as posted. No factory seat belt. On the drivers side a Jack mount in on the floor but most I am sure have been uninstalled if installing a speaker system. I mounted 3 point seat belts in my unit, but a lot of room remains. I'll get you a photo when I can.

Rc4mike 12-14-2018 09:23 PM

I have a 59 I’d love try them out in. I’m in the middle of building mine and will need something like this after paint.

bigblock73 05-27-2019 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright guys, getting closer! Should have these ready for purchase shortly

svr 05-28-2019 12:06 AM

Look good, put me on your list

mikebte 05-28-2019 06:12 PM

Looking nice.

Daze57 05-28-2019 07:56 PM

very nice

sack54 05-29-2019 08:28 AM

They look very good .Progress looks to be coming along fine,they look to be fitting good. Will be painting interior shortly.56: gmc2:

Phungki 05-29-2019 08:51 PM

I am a long way from being able to use them but once I am, I will be interested for sure. They are looking nice

bobinbc 05-31-2019 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblock73 (Post 8532650)
Alright guys, getting closer! Should have these ready for purchase shortly

I see you are using a big back window cab for fitting. Will these also fit a small back window cab? Not sure if the inside corners are the same? Does anyone know for sure?

bigblock73 05-31-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinbc (Post 8534385)
I see you are using a big back window cab for fitting. Will these also fit a small back window cab? Not sure if the inside corners are the same? Does anyone know for sure?

Corners are different, I will be offering two designs. I have a set for each going out today, asking for fitment and general feedback before I offer these for sale.

You can see where I trimmed the right cab corner to mimic that of a small back window. This is the design I am most concerned about, as I don't have a true small window cab. I'll get it right, before any are sold...rest assured.

bigblock73 08-06-2019 12:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey gang, just a quick update. Big back window brackets are complete, finalizing the small back window brackets now. I had to buy a cab to get them right, as the big back window is completely different. Additionally, I think I will be able to also offer brackets for both, with in-cab tanks still. I hope to have small back window pics within a couple weeks. At that point in time I will be offering them for sale, price TBD right now, won't know until I place an order to be laser cut from the shop.

Here are some pics of member akdg87's install of a prototype set in his sweet big back window cab.

Thanks for your patience, family priorities derailed me a little in the form a a medical scare for my wife, but all is well now and things are finally getting back to normal.

sack54 08-07-2019 07:33 AM

Guess I can finish up and paint my interior now .:gmc2::waah: