The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What the insurance company thinks I drive (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=756925)

Jesse Z 02-12-2018 01:28 AM

What the insurance company thinks I drive

1 Attachment(s)
Lol!

Erics51chevy 02-12-2018 10:10 AM

Re: What the insurance company thinks I drive

Haha too true!

ptc 02-12-2018 05:36 PM

Think....

http://dealeraccelerate-all.s3.amazo...df_low_res.jpg

Reality.....

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...4b&oe=5ADD0B68

mr48chev 02-12-2018 09:22 PM

My insurance company required photos when I had stated value insurance on the truck.

MiraclePieCo 02-12-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr48chev (Post 8186394)
My insurance company required photos when I had stated value insurance on the truck.

Mine did too. But you could always send them photos from BEFORE it was modified :devil:

Driver_WT 02-12-2018 10:38 PM

My insurance policy has a section in bold print that says "We reserve the right to deny any claims if you have made any modifications to insured vehicles that the insurance company has not been notified about". So I prefer they know exactly what has been done to the vehicle.

Before this notice I assumed that the repair of any modifications would not be covered by insurance, now they tell me that I essentially have no insurance if I modify the vehicle and do not tell them about the mods.

MARTINSR 02-12-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driver_WT (Post 8186481)
My insurance policy has a section in bold print that says "We reserve the right to deny any claims if you have made any modifications to insured vehicles that the insurance company has not been notified about". So I prefer they know exactly what has been done to the vehicle.

Before this notice I assumed that the repair of any modifications would not be covered by insurance, now they tell me that I essentially have no insurance if I modify the vehicle and do not tell them about the mods.

YEP, they are not stupid.

Brian

DransportGarage 02-13-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8186552)
YEP, they are not stupid.

Brian

Double YEP. Especially when you make a written record of it on a forum...

Indian113 02-13-2018 10:07 AM

My Agent checked out my S10 when I Insured it. He told me that if I had a wreck and it wasn't on Record I would only get it replacement parts for a Stock 1992 S10. I am confident that my Ls S10 is Worth more than a 4 Banger w/4 speed!

MARTINSR 02-13-2018 10:43 AM

The thing is, until you have an accident, they don't care because you are paying them on the value of the truck. Once you have an accident and they see it, NOW is when the trouble starts. Now is when they come out to estimate the damage and it's all recorded, they are not stupid.

I see this kinda thing every day. Not so much the change in description but this is an interesting subject and I will ask the next insurance estimators who come by the shop (typically many a week.) I know I have seen people who were trying to scam a claim and I made damn sure the insurance company had many more photos and info than usual so they would be aware. But they have patterns they see and I can't make it clear enough, they aren't stupid.

Brian

ptc 02-13-2018 07:57 PM

You guys are just too serious here..... you really think the world is all fools???? :ito:

lighten up! its for fun!

1project2many 02-14-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

I see this kinda thing every day. Not so much the change in description but this is an interesting subject and I will ask the next insurance estimators who come by the shop (typically many a week.)
I have similar experiences to what can happen with a modified truck. Our buses are essentially heavily modified one-ton vans. They cost between $45k and $60k new. But insurance will call them a van when they get wrecked and pay us a third of the value. Or they will scan Craigslist or another advertising venue and find old, unsafe, out-of-service buses to get comparable values. It's always a fight.

The collector car insurance market generally does a better job with old vehicles imo. Pick a company that best matches your needs and don't bother with the "regular" insurance.

MiraclePieCo 02-22-2018 04:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha ha, I did a similar thing with a car show sign for my former '34 Ford PU. You'd be surprised how offended purists would get - they just have no sense of humor!

OrrieG 02-22-2018 01:59 PM

Better to work with a good agent and be up front when you purchase the insurance. I checked with mine before I started and if the value in under 10K no appraisal is required. Over that I need to get an appraisal with photos and they will assign a value. I'd rather argue now than later. Helps to have been with the same company for 40+ years (Allstate). Also helps that I have continuously had a classic insured as a daily driver all that time. In the 90's I checked and could not find another company that would insure a classic as full time driver.

tmoble 02-23-2018 04:57 AM

Hagerty, they're good.

Jesse Z 02-23-2018 05:19 AM

ANPAC Chrome Insurance. It's agreed value coverage, so they really don't care what your car looks like. If you think it's worth $50,000 and are willing to pay the premium, they'll insure it for that value.