The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hummer Seats (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=744446)

mobileortho 08-12-2017 06:02 PM

Hummer Seats

2 Attachment(s)
I've been eyeing a set of SS leather seats when I stumbled across these from a Hummer H3. Thoughts?

PDW HOTRODS 08-12-2017 07:34 PM

Re: Hummer Seats

I like the looks of the SS seats better.

iowaboynca 08-12-2017 08:27 PM

I like the integrated seatbealts on the hummer seats myself...one less thing to deal with. How tore up is the base of the SS seat on the left?

mongocanfly 08-12-2017 09:13 PM

I would use the ss seats...my.02...and without the headrests..

mobileortho 08-13-2017 01:53 AM

Not sure yet. Waiting on additional pics.

_Ogre 08-13-2017 06:19 PM

tall seats with a headrest will take up half the back window and look out of place in a classic

ogre says no to both :D

mr48chev 08-13-2017 11:23 PM

SS seats minus the headrests. Those others just don't cut it even if they are free.

Personally the SS ones would look better if they didn't have the SS on them but some guys might thing that logo is worth some bragging rights. Plain they would look a bit custom, with the logo they looked pulled off the wrecking yard self and stuck in but still look 100 times better than the Hummer seats when going into an AD or tf truck.

mongocanfly 08-13-2017 11:25 PM

shoot fire...I thought that SS would add 10-15 hp..

dsraven 08-14-2017 01:05 AM

if you are able, slip one in the truck before you get too wired up on either. the taller the seat the further forward it will have to lean because it will hit the back wall of the cab. I have seen some where the driver almost has to lean forward when the seat is back far enough to accommodate leg length. not a very comfy seating position. also, check the foam in the seat. it may be packed out from use especially on the outboard side where occupants slide across to get in/out of the vehicle.
personally I like the idea of integrated seat belts and an arm rest. just my thoughts though.

mobileortho 08-14-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowaboynca (Post 8015244)
I like the integrated seatbealts on the hummer seats myself...one less thing to deal with.

So do I.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsraven (Post 8016031)
the taller the seat the further forward it will have to lean because it will hit the back wall of the cab. I have seen some where the driver almost has to lean forward when the seat is back far enough to accommodate leg length.

That's kinda what I'm running into now, I'm using some out of a Silverado that's similar to the Hummer. I'm 6'5" and in order to maximize the leg room It does hit the back of the cab and leans forward a bit. This whole swap started when I decided to add more insulation to the cab because it was getting too hot inside. I figured I'd change the seats, carpet, swap the floor shift to a column shift and the list goes on. I guess I can't leave well enough alone!

I'm trying to meet up with the seller of the SS seats to do some measuring. I also did a search here and saw where certain Nissan seats work well.

_Ogre 08-14-2017 12:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i had a set of tall back seat with headrests and yes, the high back moves the seat forward
removed the headrest and chopped 6'' out of the seat back to move it back as far as i could
this option involves custom upholstery
i also raised the seat 2'' over stock bench seat height and have an electric seat on my side
i'm the shortest male (of six) in my family at 6'4'' :D

mr48chev 08-14-2017 02:09 PM

Looking at this ebay add the middle seat out of the H2 might be a better choice than the front seats. Only issue for some is the 60/40 split with the narrow part being the passenger seat that is the 40 part. Without the headrests the seat back should be about the same height as a stock seat. Flip down arm rest lets you have the armrest or flip it up out of site and for a third person to ride in the truck. You have to scroll the pictures. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Fro...4AAOSw0hlZMHQu

For the prices they want for an H2 seat on Ebay you can buy a custom seat all done up and ready to bolt in.

mobileortho 08-15-2017 09:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr48chev (Post 8016341)
Looking at this ebay add the middle seat out of the H2 might be a better choice than the front seats. Only issue for some is the 60/40 split with the narrow part being the passenger seat that is the 40 part. Without the headrests the seat back should be about the same height as a stock seat. Flip down arm rest lets you have the armrest or flip it up out of site and for a third person to ride in the truck. You have to scroll the pictures. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Fro...4AAOSw0hlZMHQu

I do like those. Saw a similar one, 3rd row Suburban, on CL but it sold before I could get around to looking at it. I stumbled across pics of these as well from a 01 chevy avalanche . I really like the fold down cup holder and it looks like it fits the truck.

mobileortho 08-18-2017 10:36 AM

I snagged a complete set (front & rear) from a 04 Avalanche, seller didn't want to separate the set. Did a quick test fitting using the rear seat and I'm not so sure it will work. For me, it sits a tad bit too high. Also with the cup holder folded down, it get's me in the hip. I'm going to play around with it this weekend to see if I can make it better. If not, I'll just use the buckets. Pics to come.