The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   WIW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   W.I.W. Steel wheels (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=616915)

YBNORML 02-16-2014 09:54 PM

W.I.W. Steel wheels

1 Attachment(s)
16"x5", 5x5 bolt pattern steel wheels.

First off, how rare are they? I have never seen a set before. Everything has always been 15" wheels. I think they came on 4x4's but I'm not sure.

I have been using them for rollers, but I would send them on down the road if someone needed them for a stock style truck.

OARNGESI 02-17-2014 04:55 AM

Re: W.I.W. Steel wheels

I bought a set of 5 a while back for $75. they are not from 4x4s because they would be 6 lug if they were.

special-K 02-17-2014 08:04 AM

Pretty rarely ordered option. They are very hard to fond,yet probably only* valuable to someone putting a truck back to factory original specs. Common 15" steelies go for $100. Any greater value on those depends on finding the right person. Could be worth as much as $300. I'd offer them higher than common wheels and see what happens. Or,maybe list them at best offer while indicting you don't mean cheap due to rarity. You need to bring that special person out of the woodwork.

*Second thought: Those would be more awesome than 15" steelies on a lowered truck since they do make lower profile 16s these days. I'd say coupla hundred.

YBNORML 02-17-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OARNGESI (Post 6529753)
I bought a set of 5 a while back for $75. they are not from 4x4s because they would be 6 lug if they were.

Shows how much I know about 4x4's. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 6529824)
Pretty rarely ordered option. They are very hard to fond,yet probably only* valuable to someone putting a truck back to factory original specs. Common 15" steelies go for $100. Any greater value on those depends on finding the right person. Could be worth as much as $300. I'd offer them higher than common wheels and see what happens. Or,maybe list them at best offer while indicting you don't mean cheap due to rarity. You need to bring that special person out of the woodwork.

*Second thought: Those would be more awesome than 15" steelies on a lowered truck since they do make lower profile 16s these days. I'd say coupla hundred.

That's kinda why I bought them in the first place. I have my eye on a real clean, all original 67'. But I wasn't using my head, the 67' is a 6 bolt so I would have to change the bolt pattern. I was just thinking that a factory type person would appreciate them more.

special-K 02-18-2014 01:32 PM

I'd say $150-200 would get a buyer. it's a unique way to get custom while staying factory. One of those little things that would be noticed by those who know what they're looking at while still being factory parts. Very very cool in my book. Cooler than buying bling available to anyone anywhere

GOPAPA 02-23-2014 04:06 AM

I have seen them in the local junk yards,, $10 each