The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

flatbed51 09-25-2011 07:33 PM

What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Ok, the 60-66, 67-72, 73-87, and 88-98 guys have a thread called "What Did You Do To Your Truck Today". Well I say it is time the 47-59 forum has a similar thread, so I decided to start one. Anybody want to join in ?

alden 09-25-2011 07:41 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

I started sanding down the rusted beat up front bumper it came with, too muggy to paint today though.

Maximus 09-25-2011 07:57 PM

today i installed my accelerator pedal assembly (aftermarket), finished installing my windsheild with the deluxe trim, and started installing my doors (after getting the first one hung I realized I cant effectively adjust the door alone, will put that one off until i can get help.

Windshield looks good though!
Still havent got my back glass in all the way... pounded and pounded and I cant get it in far enough to install the bead lock... grr....

flatbed51 09-25-2011 08:17 PM

Well I guess since I started this thread I should post what I did to my truck. Went out and looked at the frame work me and my buddy got done yesterday. We got the Malibu clip spot welded in. Did some more measuring/ re-checking to see if we got it right , and to make plans for next move on it next weekend. It was great to finally get the frame rolling again.

brikar 09-25-2011 08:17 PM

sand blasted my inner fenders

Rude Dude 09-25-2011 08:18 PM

Absoultely nothing today see my build what I did friday and saturday!
Made rear bumper brackets and brake handle cable set up plus cut down original handle and helped my neighbor dissamble his recently acquired project.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=436442

coralhead 09-25-2011 08:20 PM

I rolled the cab onto its back and finished welding the new floor, cab mounts and interior cowl panes and undercoated the complete bottom.

FFredo 09-25-2011 09:03 PM

Finished boxing in and painted new the C-notch I started last week, built and painted a cradle for the new gas tank, installed new rear bumper, then I painted it.
Dont get too excited, when I say "painted" I mean I pointed a spry can and it and held down the button 'till it was all the same color of black...

lazypineapple 09-25-2011 09:40 PM

Got my wheels and Tires done today. on my 52

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...s/IMG_0974.JPG
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...dwheelrear.jpg
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ntredwheel.jpg

Russell Ashley 09-26-2011 11:02 AM

I have removed all old wiring and just starting installing an EZ-wire harness in my 57.

Lazypineapple: wheels and tires look great. I can't wait to get my whitewalls.

mknittle 09-26-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazypineapple (Post 4919590)

I like.

Kabwe 09-26-2011 06:35 PM

Well I just looked at it and thought to myself "Man you need to get to work on it".

flatbed51 09-26-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 4921280)
Well I just looked it and thought to myself "Man you need to get to work on it".

Oh do I know that feeling. Found the cure for it, but my wife looks at my posts from time to time, oh well, does shopping with her ring a bell LOl ? Oh no I didn't just open that can of worms did I JK. ?

Wheelie 09-26-2011 07:31 PM

I walked passed it.

57rookie 09-26-2011 08:05 PM

Continued to install some of the one million bolts in my wood bed kit. Looks great but removing the old 50 year+ wood and bolts and installing new stuff is not a fun job. Glad I did it though as it looks great.

Coupeguy2001 09-27-2011 02:00 AM

Friday I took the fenders back off and removed the engine and trans.
Today Installed the flywheel, pilot bearing and clutch and bellhousing on the new engine.
Turns out that the original 57 throw out fork installs perfectly on the 89 corvette bellhousing pivot ball. Too bad the spring broke trying to install it. Now I have to find one of those.
still cleaning the firewall today in prep to sand it and repaint.

About 30 years ago, I sprayed some rubberized coating on the firewall, and it didn't really stick. All it did was to preserve the paint underneath. Too bad the firewall was scratched up. i bet I coulda polished out the firewall and had it in original paint.

It looks like right next to where the voltage regulator was originally installed, there is a cursive capitol letter G in the original black paint. I wonder if the guy who painted the cab put his initial in the fresh paint?

Also, on the firewall right above the seam line right in front of the driver, the original color of the truck is marked in raised hand written letters under the paint. Anybody else have their color marked on the original primer prior to painting?

New tires arrived today, now I have to figure out a way to get the tires and wheels to the tire shop. my other car is very small......But it has a 383 TPI...........I can put a tire in the front seat if I remove the seat bottom. But do I want to put a tire with a wheel there? Probably not. I might have to drive it with the hatch open. Gotta be careful, I just replaced the cargo area carpet in light gray and installed new speaker grilles.

S10Fan 09-27-2011 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Added a shop logo to the doors. Still need to do some sanding to weather it in a little more.

1952ssr 09-27-2011 10:43 AM

9/26/11
I took my trash off, then on the way back home got on it one good time to impress my wife.....which it did. Then replaced the front lug nuts with the chrome acorns I picked up at the Rod Run. I planned on doing more but some storms came up and I decided to vacuum the house.

meter swinger 09-27-2011 10:56 AM

Drank a beer and looked at it...then another...then one more.
Posted via Mobile Device

Purec4 09-27-2011 11:20 AM

Walked by it, wiped some dust off of the cab and wished I had time to work on it..;) Been under my son's VW bus for the last week trying to get it going for an upcoming show this weekend........ and MISSED the Super Chevy Show at Bristol this past weekend working on it. :cuss: And will miss the Mopar Nationals this weekend for the VW show. Have to follow him on it's maiden trip and make sure it gets there. But it's father and son time and these days are getting fewer with each passing day. 18 and just started Jr College, at least he still like to hang out with the old man.

Daze57 09-27-2011 12:45 PM

been workin on fuel line and routing lower radiator hose - dealing with hose configuations - and not trying to cramp one thing into another .
also installed a ''sidewinder '' fan - have you guys ever tried one of these? - its the type with the motor offset and can be ''clocked '' around if you have a close or tight fit on radiator to water pump issues .
got mine set up and this fan pulls in a tremendous amount of air !
after all that ? uncle jack d- cooled me down

Maximus 09-27-2011 02:12 PM

last night: hung doors
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...k/photo2-2.jpg

T Hilde 09-27-2011 07:24 PM

Wish I could say took out for a drive. Doing a little more wiring. My plan is to drive it around the yard by the end of October.

55metalmonkey 09-28-2011 01:19 AM

oops

55metalmonkey 09-28-2011 01:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Try this again,
Did a ton of sheet metal work to the fender to repair a bunch of really bad backyard repairs by one of the POs the passenger side was the better of the two when I started