The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project: "No Name" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=404481)

70-Chevy 05-25-2010 02:03 PM

Project: "No Name"

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone! I have been a memeber of the board for quite some time under another name until I recently started a new name "70-Chevy".

I have been looking throughout the board over the past few years looking at all the photos and information you guys provide. Thanks for all the info.

I'm just really starting to get into my new build, so I still have to post some pictures of where I am at.

My frame is completley stripped with the exception of the brand new suspension, coils, shocks, and S.S brake line kit i installed about 2 years ago. The cab is at my uncle's house getting new rockers and a few other things touched up. I have POR-15 in the garage just waiting to get applied to the frame.

Then yesterday, my inner and outer fenders, my complete wiring harness, front bed panel and cab and radiator supports showed up in the driveway! I will post more pictures of where I am this weekend.

gixxerpymp 05-25-2010 04:53 PM

Re: Project: "No Name"

More pics!!

Good luck on the build.

Dusty4x4 05-25-2010 05:19 PM

yea more pics please lol, Should be a great build :metal:

DorianB 05-25-2010 05:23 PM

lol, I need a couple of those parts!!!

Good luck!

70-Chevy 05-25-2010 05:48 PM

Oh yeah, and my wife told me this past weekend that this coming up tax return can buy me the 502 crate motor I'm looking at! Lets hope she doesnt get amnesia....

mx574 05-25-2010 07:04 PM

sweet a big block. please post more pics

70-Chevy 07-11-2010 12:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I havnt done much work to the old truck lately as I have been busy with work and church. I did get to spend some time on the old girl today though.

I started out brushing the POR-15 Rust Preventer on and quickly realized that it wasnt going to work as it felt like it was taking forever. So I decided to go ahead and thin it and spray it on! Its unbelievable how fast it went and I was able to get 3 coats on the frame. Next weekend I plan to spray the chassis black top coat on.

NOTE: If anyone plans to use the POR-15 and do it yourself, make sure you wear old clothes, wear gloves, and use a respirator. I have some of this stuff on my hands and nothing will take it off.

Heres a quick picture I took after I got home tonight from my buddy's house. I'll post more next week after the top coat gets applied.

XxCHEVYMANxX 10-21-2011 12:00 PM

Hey chris, progress lookin good! lets see some pics of the truck;) and good luck with the welding.

Houch 10-22-2011 03:10 PM

Frame looks good Chris. I like the plans you have for the truck. 502 sounds like fun. I cant seem to make up my mind what engine I'm going to use for mine. I have a welder like yours but a novice too. I plan on using pieces cut from an old scrap fender an practicing on that. Chart on inside on cover I was told is pretty accurate place to start as far as setting go for gauge of metal. Keep after it.

RCbowtie69 10-23-2011 10:12 AM

Looking good,hope to see more pictures soon.Keep on truckin' :metal:

bcutt 10-29-2011 08:55 AM

Came out nice!

70-Chevy 10-29-2011 11:01 PM

Since I posted those lst pictures, I bought a brand new, complete bed floor, an aluminum tank from Boyds, and a new rear end. I will be working on it here in the next couple weeks as I got my "itch" back after the truck sat for a couple months. I'll be sure to get some pics up soon.

70-Chevy 10-30-2011 07:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Alright, after working alot of weekends and some late nights, I've finally got to a weekend that I was able to get some work done on the truck. Bad thing about it was I had to spend half my weekend just clearing out my garage. Still have some left to do.

On to the good stuff.....

1) I got to install my aluminum gas tank from Boyd's Welding which fit like a glove! I love it! You cant even see it behind the bumper.

2) I was able to get my rear end fixed up with Mosier axles, Eaton posi-trac unit and a new set of 3.73 gears. All new bearing and seals and even got a coat of POR-15 on it.

3) I was able to start fitting my new fenders and inner fenders after I installed the cab and radiator support on my new bushings and bolts. I want to get everything aligned and fit first, then strip it back down to paint it.

Here are some pics of my progress. Next weekend Im going to put the rear end in the truck and start assemblying the bed on my new bed floor that been in the garage for 8 months now.

70-Chevy 10-30-2011 07:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
more pics......

70-Chevy 10-30-2011 07:07 PM

still working on cleaning out the garage so please look past the various trim work and other misc stuff!

70-Chevy 10-30-2011 07:09 PM

Oh yeah, thinking about painting the truck a silver/gray metallic with a light metal flake. Just my 1500th paint idea, but I can honestly say that is the color I originally thought about.

tasian 10-30-2011 08:35 PM

its starting to look like a real truck! i hate spending half the time you have to work on something just cleaning and getting ready for it but thats how it goes

that fuel cell looks great how much did it run you?

70-Chevy 10-30-2011 08:52 PM

$400.50 shipped to the door. That was from Boyds Welding here on the board. It is internally baffled, comes with sending unit, filler neck, cap, and has future ports if I ever wanted to go EFI. Sweet deal. All I had to buy were some bolts to mount it to the frame.

VA72C10 10-30-2011 09:10 PM

Looking great and I like the idea of the color!

70-Chevy 10-31-2011 10:36 PM

Alright, just ordered my Dynamat for the truck and a differential cover for the new rear end. I'll be putting the rear end cover on next weekend and putting the rear end in the truck. Cant wait!

XxCHEVYMANxX 10-31-2011 10:59 PM

Keep up the good work Chris. keep the pics coming;)

70-Chevy 11-06-2011 08:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally got some time to work on the truck yesterday.

I stripped the old rear end out of the truck as well as the overload springs that can be seen in the photos. I dont plan to haul much of anything so I didnt see a use for them. Plus, I got to looking at how I would be routing my exhaust. With the new fuel cell there in the rear frame rails, Im going to have to come down both sides of the tank. So out they went!

Im out of excuses to start working on the bodywork, so they next step is to start fitting doors, fenders, bed pieces, etc. That will be next.

Heres some photos from this weekends progress......

70-Chevy 11-06-2011 08:34 PM

anybody need an overload spring setup? I have all the brackets as well. Just let me know.

VA72C10 11-07-2011 01:40 AM

Looking good!

70-Chevy 11-07-2011 08:37 AM

Thank You Sir. Trying to keep it moving forward. With Christmas around the corner, funds are getting scarse.....