The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=624544)

Dale99 05-17-2014 10:01 PM

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Installed composite bright lights
changed the oil
wired up the tilt wheel selector light
figured out why my turn signals wont turn off.

Soundbox 05-17-2014 10:19 PM

Took the cover off and saw what should be on the road and enjoyed.. :(

BabyBlue 05-18-2014 11:39 PM

Shined her up and took her to the car show.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ps5a5fb7a2.jpg

mtully79 05-19-2014 11:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Bought new rims/tires.

Out with the old...

And in with the new

warrpath4x4 05-19-2014 05:16 PM

bought my blazer, or will get the title to it tonight and pick it up

Wasted Income 05-20-2014 04:18 PM

Got some groceries. It is a slow grocery getter, after all.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...psnsufpwzy.jpg

jaros44sr 05-20-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtully79 (Post 6679854)
Bought new rims/tires.

Out with the old...

And in with the new

Looks very good like that.....

asolde 05-20-2014 08:23 PM

I been working on my A/C controller the past two afternoons, two more cables and a couple of bulbs and it's installed.

1972 Jimmy 05-20-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasted Income (Post 6686181)
Got some groceries. It is a slow grocery getter, after all.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...psnsufpwzy.jpg

Love the the grocery getter / family vehicle! (Kids car seat in the back) we take our two little ones out for rides all the time with the car seats kids in the back and the top off! the kids absolutely love it! Have fun this summer!

DeadheadNM 05-20-2014 11:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Installed a tilt column I had rebuilt and painted saddle to match....and added a NOS saddle steering wheel :) Have to say, the quality of the tilt rebuild is outstanding, he exceeded expectations and the paint is a great match to the OEM column - member Kevsclassics did the rebuild and was great to work with.

Wasted Income 05-21-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972 Jimmy (Post 6686716)
Love the the grocery getter / family vehicle! (Kids car seat in the back) we take our two little ones out for rides all the time with the car seats kids in the back and the top off! the kids absolutely love it! Have fun this summer!

Absolutely! My daughter loves cruising around in the blaze with the lid off. We just had our 2nd kid 2 weeks ago, so I have a feeling the top will be on the majority of the summer :waah: I don't think our newborn would like getting blasted by the wind very much, lol. Gives me a reason to finish up the Vintage Air install.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps2320daac.jpg

mtully79 05-21-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 6686314)
Looks very good like that.....

Thanks Jim!

dutchmanz 05-21-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 6686860)
Installed a tilt column I had rebuilt and painted saddle to match....and added a NOS saddle steering wheel :) Have to say, the quality of the tilt rebuild is outstanding, he exceeded expectations and the paint is a great match to the OEM column - member Kevsclassics did the rebuild and was great to work with.

WOW, so that's what my Blazer should look like inside...except for Orange not Green. Looks amazing!

DeadheadNM 05-21-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchmanz (Post 6687702)
WOW, so that's what my Blazer should look like inside...except for Orange not Green. Looks amazing!

Thanks! Ignore the dangling duct work - waiting for a gasket to finish my heater core replacement.

Moreyel 05-23-2014 12:47 AM

Deadhead, yours is the first I've seen with those panels. I didn't know some even came with them.
Are you bringing that one to Alb.? Or we're u already here? I'm finally daily driving mine since 1-1/2 yrs ago.

DeadheadNM 05-23-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moreyel (Post 6689872)
Deadhead, yours is the first I've seen with those panels. I didn't know some even came with them.
Are you bringing that one to Alb.? Or we're u already here? I'm finally daily driving mine since 1-1/2 yrs ago.

Hey! Those panels are found in CST optioned K5's. With double wall tops these have to be removed to access the top bolts in order to remove the top. On Wasted Income's post #56 above you can see the brackets used to attach the panels to the bedsides. Glad to hear your driving it now - post up some pics! I'll be visiting ABQ in 2 weeks - need some El Modelo and Marble beer. Pete

Moreyel 05-23-2014 11:12 AM

remember I had fuel gauge problems this past winter? I think you had offered some suggestions. I ended up diagnosing everything, including the resistor on back of the gauge. Turned out it was a bad ground, after I replace the sending unit! It's hard to remember, but we have to KISS!

Are driving a Blazer down here? Lets get together for one of those Modelo's when your're here. I'll PM you my cell.

DeadheadNM 05-23-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moreyel (Post 6690222)
remember I had fuel gauge problems this past winter? I think you had offered some suggestions. I ended up diagnosing everything, including the resistor on back of the gauge. Turned out it was a bad ground, after I replace the sending unit! It's hard to remember, but we have to KISS!

Are driving a Blazer down here? Lets get together for one of those Modelo's when your're here. I'll PM you my cell.

Got it. Thx! Will do -too bad the Ponderosa on S14 is closed :(

dutchmanz 05-23-2014 06:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took the top of for the first time since I've owned it. I'll work on installing the soft top later. Here's a picture of the Blazer in its natural environment.

asolde 05-23-2014 08:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I refurbished my doors today. Also got my seats done with new covers.

Moreyel 05-24-2014 11:43 AM

Man, now that I finally got the new engine running, I've got renewed interest. Yesterday, I took and had a new exhaust put on. I went out in front of the rear wheels with a couple of Flowmasters.

Next week, alignment with new wheels.

Today, I started building a pulley system in the shop to help pull the top off!

Man, I'm back on it and having a great time!

timski69gmc 05-24-2014 01:02 PM

Well, got most of my e-brake installed. But again, the intermediate cable was too short.
Guess I need a custom one. The one from Inline Tube was at least 4" too short. In the meantime, I had another one come from Alberta, and it is still too short, almost 2". Will ship the one back to IT, and see if they can send me one 6" longer. I have been working on the e-brake since last June. If it wasn't wrong or waiting parts, it was winter and too cold to get in the carport to work.
Otherwise, hoping to rebuild the steering box this weekend. Hopefully it goes better.

DeadheadNM 05-24-2014 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished the heater core install (some of the OEM style tower clamps I started with were a big failure), added a metal upper radiator tube I had Parkerized, got Roger Koop's OEM style battery cables installed while the RH inner fender was off, and added a set of NOS side marker lights as the repros were shedding their stainless trim rings. Then - I went for a short leisurely cruise....

dutchmanz 05-25-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 6636896)
I swapped the old RH rear CST panel for a repro and scrubbed the slider windows I was able to track down. Not sure I'm thrilled about the tint. Only set I've seen that's a factory tint - frames are black.

Where did you get the repro panels? I have all the brackets. It took me a few minutes staring at them to figure out what they were for.

DeadheadNM 05-25-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchmanz (Post 6691988)
Where did you get the repro panels? I have all the brackets. It took me a few minutes staring at them to figure out what they were for.

I ordered mine from Brothers but since learned member Truckseats carries them ( http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=515957 ). Truckseats has provided me with great quality covers at a good price for two of my pickups. I'd try him first. These come from the same shop I believe and are made to order in the USA.