The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   67 SWB Crewcab....Building the Beast, aka Donkey! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=226302)

gringoloco 03-23-2008 02:40 AM

Re: Building the Beast, aka Donkey!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 2639184)
Here's the money shot, :). What do you see.................??????!!!!!!!

NOT exhaust!!!:metal: Finally, a header that fits well:cool: How's the driver's fit? MSRP? Looks like we'll need custom plug wires...

jlaird 03-23-2008 06:09 AM

nice headers! so much better looking than ceramic.

Hart_Rod 03-23-2008 08:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by texanidiot25 (Post 2639189)
An oil pan of sorts?

Or... hiding a dead body under the frame!?

Could be..........:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putter (Post 2639196)
I see where MY exhaust would be. Along with every one elses...but YOURS seem to be missing. Hmmmmm. (Do I win a free ride in it if I'm right?)

We might have a winner here! 2 free rides for you my friend, :). Looks like we're (you, :)) are going to need to rework some gauge panels, :smoke:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 2639201)
Nip and tuck.....Hide then unsightly bulges.

:mm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcmcobra (Post 2639395)
those look sick, I'll be by tomorrow to pick them up.

Better bring a big gun, :sumo:, :ito:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 2639554)
NOT exhaust!!!:metal: Finally, a header that fits well:cool: How's the driver's fit? MSRP? Looks like we'll need custom plug wires...

The driver side fits great. Hopefully the plug wire issue will be fixed. Dunno what the prices will be (PM Jamie), but they will be well worth the cost....:D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlaird (Post 2639812)
nice headers! so much better looking than ceramic.

Actually they will be ceramic or chromed. These are bare steel that has been polished.

gringoloco 03-24-2008 03:22 AM

How close are they to the firewall? If you were using plates instead of the ECE mounts(~2" back) do you think they would still fit?

Hart_Rod 03-24-2008 06:49 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 2640921)
How close are they to the firewall? If you were using plates instead of the ECE mounts(~2" back) do you think they would still fit?

I think you would still have plenty of room even if you moved it 2" back. Here are some pictures.

BustedTruck 03-24-2008 05:30 PM

I want a set of those headers bad!!!

gringoloco 03-25-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 2641308)
I think you would still have plenty of room even if you moved it 2" back. Here are some pictures.

Did someone say "Hot ticket!"? These are a godsend...

SCOTI 03-25-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gringoloco (Post 2642905)
Did someone say "Hot ticket!"? These are a godsend...

If these are like much of their product-line, sit down before you start the pricing inquiry.

68 short step 03-25-2008 07:58 AM

my guess was about 550-650$ anything more isnt worth it IMO

Hart_Rod 03-25-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 2643137)
If these are like much of their product-line, sit down before you start the pricing inquiry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 short step (Post 2643186)
my guess was about 550-650$ anything more isnt worth it IMO

Check this out:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=275768

pcmcobra 03-26-2008 06:16 AM

Rob,
I forgot to look, where's the 02 bung?

Hart_Rod 03-27-2008 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcmcobra (Post 2644880)
Rob,
I forgot to look, where's the 02 bung?

Here's a picture:

pcmcobra 03-27-2008 11:59 PM

thx

MrBeast 05-18-2008 07:30 PM

I didnt even know you were doing this build, Looks like it is going to be an auful nice truck when you are done.

Rokcrln 05-19-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBeast (Post 2727576)
I didnt even know you were doing this build, Looks like it is going to be an auful nice truck when you are done.

WOW that must be one heck of a rock you have been living under!:lol:

I know how it goes their are so many builds going on it is hard to find them all but sure enjoy trying.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

MrBeast 05-19-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 2728833)
WOW that must be one heck of a rock you have been living under!:lol:

I know how it goes their are so many builds going on it is hard to find them all but sure enjoy trying.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Its called working full time and going to school 5 nights a week! Kind of makes me a busy boy.

Oh well that and also trying to do my own truck build!

Rokcrln 05-19-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBeast (Post 2728847)
Its called working full time and going to school 5 nights a week! Kind of makes me a busy boy.

Oh well that and also trying to do my own truck build!

I know what you meen I work full time and have a almost full time shop at home along with a 10 month old son. What are you going to school for? Work related or? My hat goes off to anyone willing to work's full time and still fit's in school and projects:metal:

Kevin
LFD Inc.

MrBeast 05-19-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 2728872)
I know what you meen I work full time and have a almost full time shop at home along with a 10 month old son. What are you going to school for? Work related or? My hat goes off to anyone willing to work's full time and still fit's in school and projects:metal:

Kevin
LFD Inc.

I am doing a double major, I am working on a CNC Machining and a Welding Degree.

The long term goal is to turn both into a Bachelors of education after I get both of the associates of applied Science, I can do it in 2 or 3 semesters, then I want to go up to TAMU in College Station for 16 months and get my MBA from the Mayes Business school.

At a minimum I will be getting both the welding and cnc degree though.

Hart_Rod 05-20-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBeast (Post 2728883)
I am doing a double major, I am working on a CNC Machining and a Welding Degree.

The long term goal is to turn both into a Bachelors of education after I get both of the associates of applied Science, I can do it in 2 or 3 semesters, then I want to go up to TAMU in College Station for 16 months and get my MBA from the Mayes Business school.

At a minimum I will be getting both the welding and cnc degree though.

Sounds like a good plan.......stay focused and stick with it, :D. Thanks for the props on the CrewCab. It's on the backburner until I get the suburban done. I am trying to pick up a few parts here there, but that's about it. Did you ever get your diesel? I still have the 3/4T chassis and bed if you're still interested.

MrBeast 05-20-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 2729561)
Sounds like a good plan.......stay focused and stick with it, :D. Thanks for the props on the CrewCab. It's on the backburner until I get the suburban done. I am trying to pick up a few parts here there, but that's about it. Did you ever get your diesel? I still have the 3/4T chassis and bed if you're still interested.

The most I have managed to do here is get a new set of mirrors on the truck, I did get my new welding machine bought though, so as soon as I can get setup with it and get everything running I am going to have more money to pump into the project.

I might make it out and get that bed off you yet, I need to get the Diesel in my truck first though, we will see how long it takes here. I was noticing the suburban you have for sale too. That thing looks like a mighty fine rig.

School has been a lot of work, but rewarding, I am a 60% disabled vet so Uncle is picking up the bill for the first 4 years, so I am sucking down all I can. Pretty happy with it too, I am pulling straight A's.

I will have to go check out your burban thread. I love the old burbans too, but I need another project right now like I need another plate in my head! lol

Hart_Rod 05-31-2008 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Progress!!!! Well a little any way. Found an automatic high hump tranny cover, :metal:.

Number98 06-02-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 2744331)
Progress!!!! Well a little any way. Found an automatic high hump tranny cover, :metal:.

Yep, I would say that qualifies as progress!

Hart_Rod 06-04-2008 07:01 PM

Contemplating selling the Beast. I'm moving the family out to NM next month and this will end up in storage for at least a year. I haven't decided yet as I'm waiting the results of my promotion board. Depending on the outcome of that and some other factors, I may sell it to prevent it from sitting. PM me if seriously interested.

R/

Number98 06-05-2008 10:24 AM

Man, Hate to hear about you selling the beast but its good news about you moving the family out. You guys will get to see each other more.

Hart_Rod 06-07-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number98 (Post 2752426)
Man, Hate to hear about you selling the beast but its good news about you moving the family out. You guys will get to see each other more.

Not selling it for sure, just thinking about it. I have a ton of work and $$$ in it, but I hate the thought of letting it set for a couple of years. At least I have it to a point that nothing will deteriorate. The picture should be a little clearer in the next couple of weeks..........