The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   well i think i got a lot done this wknd! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=452844)

59weasel 03-13-2011 11:10 PM

well i think i got a lot done this wknd!

no pics. sorry i'm not good at figuring that out yet.
but.....this weekend i got the frame in the garage leveled, the front clip off the the 59 in the driveway, all the body bolts unbolted or torched, the Jaguar front suspension sold, and the Camaro front suspension cut off the frame in the driveway. using the $$ from the Jag to buy a 4 bar rear set up from Airbagit.com, and just ordered the DVD for doing the Camaro clip from "no-limit", and a little clean up on a few things.:lol::chevy::metal::chevy:

59Mutt 03-13-2011 11:56 PM

Re: well i think i got a lot done this wknd!

keep it up. its all worth it in the end.:metal::metal:

entourageguy 03-14-2011 08:32 AM

Do some searches on airbagit.com also known as AIM. You might want to use another company.
And we really do need some pictures.
If you go over to the HAMB there is a good thread on the camaro clip.

MrDude_1 03-14-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 59weasel (Post 4550860)
no pics. sorry i'm not good at figuring that out yet.
but.....this weekend i got the frame in the garage leveled, the front clip off the the 59 in the driveway, all the body bolts unbolted or torched, the Jaguar front suspension sold, and the Camaro front suspension cut off the frame in the driveway. using the $$ from the Jag to buy a 4 bar rear set up from Airbagit.com, and just ordered the DVD for doing the Camaro clip from "no-limit", and a little clean up on a few things.:lol::chevy::metal::chevy:

like entourageguy just said, you might not want to go with AIM for your air suspension parts.
If you want to research that company a bit more, just look on some other forums with alot of air suspension vehicles.

59weasel 03-14-2011 03:06 PM

wow, thanks guys! guess i'll do a little more investigating. i get the drift that it's not #1 on peoples lists! maybe thats why their $150.00 cheaper than almost everybody else....

59weasel 03-14-2011 11:21 PM

well i took the advise and.....thanks! i spent a few minutes over at ***************** and have found what i need for the same price. and it seems to be a heck of a lot better / stronger built.:metal: again thank you!

entourageguy 03-15-2011 04:21 AM

Better choice. Now where are those pictures...........................

MrDude_1 03-15-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 59weasel (Post 4553369)
well i took the advise and.....thanks! i spent a few minutes over at ***************** and have found what i need for the same price. and it seems to be a heck of a lot better / stronger built.:metal: again thank you!

thats a great shop... although i think they're changing their name to Quality Air Ride... so dont be surprised if your invoice shows that.
good choice though. Im using their control arms up front, and will probably have them build the custom bars for my rear... im also considering their watts link, but i dont know if i want a watts yet, or if im just going to stick to my usual panhard...

59weasel 03-15-2011 11:51 PM

entourageguy; thanks for the heads up. but i've looked at alot of the pics you have on here of your STUNNING truck, i think i'll put some of my pieces TOGETHER before i embarrass myself with pics.:lol:;) be patient and give me a few weeks then i'll have something to show. rite now my garage and drive way look like your local "pick-a-part"! the no-limit DVD should be here by this weekend and i got a guy from work buying some of my junk this week then i'll purchase the parallel 4 bar from suicidedoors and get that stuff together. i HAVE to get a rollin chasis with at least the body settin on it before the end of summer! i have a cold PEPSI bet on this with the guys at work.:lol:;)