The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mountain Biking (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=849930)

connorm 01-16-2024 06:44 PM

Mountain Biking

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone else mountain bike here? I was at Ray's Indoor Bike Park in Cleveland around Christmas time and saw a guy wearing this shirt. I had to buy it because it reminded me of this picture of my truck and bike. Thought I'd share for anyone else who hadn't seen it.

https://zoic.com/collections/mens-t-...ucts/truck-tee

weq92f 01-16-2024 08:27 PM

Re: Mountain Biking

Cool shirt. Your truck and bike ain't bad either! Looks like your sporting the current tech in your bike...tires/shocks/disc brakes!

Back in my mountain biking days, I reached my pinnacle with the Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, it sported chromoly frame, shocks, the latest (period) V brakes and quality components.

I've upgraded some stuff over the years but the bike is still mostly OG. Had it tuned at a bike shop recently at a cost higher than the current value of the bike (including a new derailer and tires)! She's a keeper though.

-klb

Rickysnickers 01-16-2024 08:51 PM

I do, but not nearly as much as what I used to do. I have a single speed mt. bike, but I cannot ride it anymore :(. Nowadays, since I have to deal with winter weather, I use Zwift.

Steeveedee 01-16-2024 08:57 PM

I don't, but one of my sons does. He has several thousand bucks in an e-bike. That battery helps when he goes for a ride to the ocean. Some of the hills coming back are something like a 20% grade.

special-K 01-16-2024 09:10 PM

I'm an original mountain biker from even before they were sold. I built a Klunker in '79. Once they were being sold by bike companies I bought a Mountain Klein (#58). I ride mild these days in comparison to the new crowd and don't have a modern bike like you guys ride today.

Mid-Pack 01-17-2024 10:35 AM

That`s a cool shirt.
Used to love mountain biking, great way to visit scenic locations. Visiting Moab-Utah, all over Colorado, Mammoth, numerous other locations in California. I really enjoyed the sport and got into racing. But when it was time to upgrade to a serious mountain bike, I could get an almost new dirt bike with a motor for the same money. I could go much faster and jump much higher. Goodbye mountain bike, hello dirt bike. Started racing those for a couple decades.
Enjoy yourself, great pic of the truck and bike at the trailhead.

toms68cst 01-17-2024 10:56 AM

I retired last spring. I was looking for some ways to get some good exercise, so I rehabbed my old Trek. I spent quite a bit of time last summer riding bike around our city trails. It got to be a lot of fun. It was also a good excuse to drive my old truck nearly every day with the bike in back.

Seeing my ol' reliable 68 waiting for me at the end of the ride was always a welcome sight!

pjmoreland 01-17-2024 02:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I love mountain biking. I moved to the town where I live because it has a network of trails down in a nearby river canyon. I can access the trails straight from my neighborhood. Sadly, I baby my '68 truck too much to haul anything in it. I've thought about adding a hidden hitch so I could put a bike rack on the back.

I am fortunate to have a mountain biking friend who is also a professional photographer. He loves to take photos when we are out riding. Here are a couple that he took of me within the last couple of years. One of these was after a wildfire had scorched the area where several local trails are located.