The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   55.2-59 Add Thread Start date to forum columns. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=844854)

Hcb3200 05-30-2023 02:02 PM

Add Thread Start date to forum columns.

1 Attachment(s)
Add Thread Start date to forum columns.

I too got hooked into the older post and thought about responding got myself caught a few times.
Anyway to add Thread Created date next to Last Post date column. That way we have a easy way to see how old a thread is.

Guess is this for main forum moderators or web site guys.

damnyankee36 05-30-2023 02:21 PM

Re: Add Thread Start date to forum columns.

I just look at the date in the "Last Post" column. That's more important than when the thread was started. A thread can last for years.

mr48chev 05-30-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damnyankee36 (Post 9208145)
I just look at the date in the "Last Post" column. That's more important than when the thread was started. A thread can last for years.

That's a good idea.

Still unless it is one of the continuing threads like the post your Craigslist find or an ongoing discussion it is best to at least scroll though a complete thread before posting an answer.

Sometimes the real guilty party is Google Search in that it brings up a thread that has been dead for years and is a pretty insignificant thread to begin with but someone finds it and tosses out a comment. On the HAMB that happens quite a bit and it is usually a new person who is a one time poster who joins, posts their opinion and is never seen on the board again.

You might see that here with some that joined to post one comment and never got on the board again.

The issue here is more likely holiday or weather boredom as old threads seem to get dug up more on holiday weekends than most any other time.

Still speaking for myself and most likely the others who give regular solid answers to questions on here I have to believe that as a group we would rather see the person asking start their own new thread on the subject rather than tack the question on page three or four of a long dead thread. That gets the poster the right answer and it is their thread that they can find far more easily to see if anyone has given and answer.

Rickysnickers 05-30-2023 07:00 PM

As a moderator, I cannot add what you are asking for. Only the owners, Liz or Josh, can do those changes, at least to my knowledge.

"Still speaking for myself and most likely the others who give regular solid answers to questions on here I have to believe that as a group we would rather see the person asking start their own new thread on the subject rather than tack the question on page three or four of a long dead thread. That gets the poster the right answer and it is their thread that they can find far more easily to see if anyone has given and answer."

Yes, this is absolutely sound advice!!!

1project2many 06-05-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

As a moderator, I cannot add what you are asking for. Only the owners, Liz or Josh, can do those changes, at least to my knowledge.
Are you able to move posts into a new thread? If there's a question posted to an old thread that's only a little related it could be moved to a new thread with a link back to the old thread if it helps folks to have a reference.

If a comment is posted that brings a thread back for no real reason could the thread be locked for a week or so?