The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   lights flicker upon startups- '04 Blazer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=668246)

65chevysub 04-23-2015 05:29 PM

lights flicker upon startups- '04 Blazer

I just noticed on our 04 S10 Blazer that the clearance lights flicker for a bit right after starting then it stops. We had the alternator replaced a couple months ago.
Any ideas and should I be concerned and have the electrical system tested?
Thanks

65chevysub 08-25-2015 08:05 PM

Re: lights flicker upon startup

Update on my post. All the lights pulsate for a little while after starting(about5 minutes) then it stops. Could this be a ground issue?

cdowns 08-25-2015 09:08 PM

Could b a bad ground or just dirty filthey contacts that have not been cleaned and tightened up for years

65chevysub 08-25-2015 09:32 PM

Should I start with the neg cable then check all the lights? All the dash lights and exterior lights are pulsating

65chevysub 10-29-2015 11:39 AM

Maybe someone can give me some advice. Our 04 Blazer LS developed a draining issue. It's been working fine except the flickering lights. The battery seems to be draining overnight, but there is nothing left on. I cleaned the inside on Monday and accidentally rotated the done light switch on. I figured that out and made sure it is off now. When I get in to start it in the morning, it turns over real slow several times then it starts. The rest of the day it starts fine. Im going crazy trying to figure this out. I cleaned the battery cables and they are tight.
Can someone give some ideas? Im having to wait til funding allows to get it to the Auto electric shop.
Thanks in advance for help and sorry for this looong post

ETsC10 10-30-2015 08:32 PM

Sorry to hear you're having electrical problems!
To get this thread Rollin ' to a fix, I'm m moving it over to the electrical forum.

Good luck,
Ellen

VetteVet 10-30-2015 10:00 PM

Re: lights flicker upon startups- '04 Blazer

This most often points to a voltage regulator issue. Of course it's in the alternator, before you buy a new alternator try checking all the connections to the alternator including the plug and the wire(s) in it.

With a fully charged battery I would disconnect the alternator wiring and start the car to see if the flickering happens. This would isolate the alternator from the system as a cause.
You most likely will see some codes relating to no charging but they can be reset.

65chevysub 11-01-2015 01:27 AM

Thanks for the reply, however the alternator was replaced in February. I'm going to have the battery check tomorrow to see if its going bad. I will post on here what I find out.

65chevysub 11-02-2015 06:07 PM

Update: had battery checked and it's bad. Going to get a new one on Thursday then wilk check the flickering light issue.