The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Truck Audio (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   REtro sound model 2 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=635979)

Nitis 07-14-2014 08:42 PM

REtro sound model 2

Ok I did a search on here and else where

Any reason not to get a retro sound model2?

I am very simple and really enjoy just linking my iphone to the Bluetooth in my car and running Pandora so this seems like a match made in heaven

And I am not worried about bumping or subwoofers or any thing I just want some tunes for the kids and my talk radio

Nitis 07-17-2014 06:43 PM

Re: REtro sound model 2

Anybody?

crossfire84 07-18-2014 08:09 AM

I just purchased the Zuma model based on what i read on this and many other forums. I think these are good choices. I purchased mine through Crutchfield and they give you a 2yr warranty.

roger55 10-12-2014 09:29 PM

Did you buy the unit?

I'm looking at the Model Two for my '55 Bel Air and I'd like to hear your feedback.

erikgto 03-30-2015 04:09 PM

Just bought a Retrosound Model 2

Can't say how it works.
My truck's going to the bodyshop first then I'll pull the interior for a rehab.
I'll redo the stereo at the same time

mattcrp1 04-10-2015 09:46 AM

There are a couple of people who have used this radio here and have written reviews on it and have been satisfied with it.

The company, Retrosound, is a member here and have discussed it as well. I believe I will use this radio myself when the time comes.

roger55 04-10-2015 10:06 AM

I did a detailed review of the Model 2 I put in my '55 Bel Air here:
http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133880

I also just put a RetroSound Apache in my '57 pickup and it's a nice radio too. They just did a redesign on the Apache that I missed out on. It's now an Apache - Model 2.

CMFT 04-11-2015 01:21 AM

I've got the new version of the Apache with Bluetooth. I really like not having to plug it in every time I drive my truck. The Bluetooth connection is good and I've had zero issues for 2 months. Super easy install. I'd buy again!

Cooper197 04-16-2015 05:41 PM

I put one of these in my dad's '66 GMC and we like it!
I don't think his was the model 2, I know it had bluetooth, 2 USB inputs and 2 AUX inputs though. It worked great! Our biggest complaint was always the controls on it. Be sure to keep the manual around as you'll need it at first to figure things out. Setting the clock and screen color and such isn't quite as easy as I thought it'd be, but basic stuff like changing the station or source is pretty easy still, just no labeled buttons!

Other than that, it's great. It looks somewhat original doesn't require cutting and paired with the right speakers and such it sounds really good!

TexasJeff 05-05-2015 01:04 PM

Retro Sound Zuma model

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper197 (Post 7135982)
I put one of these in my dad's '66 GMC and we like it!
I don't think his was the model 2, I know it had bluetooth, 2 USB inputs and 2 AUX inputs though. It worked great! Our biggest complaint was always the controls on it. Be sure to keep the manual around as you'll need it at first to figure things out. Setting the clock and screen color and such isn't quite as easy as I thought it'd be, but basic stuff like changing the station or source is pretty easy still, just no labeled buttons!

Other than that, it's great. It looks somewhat original doesn't require cutting and paired with the right speakers and such it sounds really good!

I have installed the Zuma model in my truck and just love it, the USB is the best thing ever invented, for these older trucks and cars. Great sound, but as Copper197 stated it is a little confusing figuring out how to operate it, I do keep the manual handy in my center console.

jessemthompson 06-03-2015 05:53 PM

All the reviews I have read were positive. This is the unit that will have a home in my truck. All I have read about custom auto sound is that they are junk.