The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Updated Project Pics - '61 Vette Pick Up (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=179289)

65Pickup 10-11-2010 04:28 PM

Re: Updated Project Pics - '61 Vette Pick Up

Just went thru the pics quickly, your work is very impressive. You've got a very artistic eye. Can I ask what your background is?? As in how did you get so good at fabricating? Thanks and keep up the good work.

PS- do you attend the Puyallup Goodguys show, I try to go every other year.

ol_skool_chevy 10-11-2010 05:27 PM

Hey man that looks cool....Dave and I would love to swing by and take a look at it....

Frizzle Fry 10-14-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Pickup (Post 4235485)
Just went thru the pics quickly, your work is very impressive. You've got a very artistic eye. Can I ask what your background is?? As in how did you get so good at fabricating? Thanks and keep up the good work.

PS- do you attend the Puyallup Goodguys show, I try to go every other year.

Never been to that SM but would like to go one of these years. My background is this; borrowed a welder from a friend and started cutting/welding :lol: I actually attribute some of my abilities to building and modifying R/C cars and R/C airplanes as a kid and into adulthood. The idea of combining parts from different cars starts at a young age when R/C cars are involved. And the airplanes built from kits and modified from scratch provide a lot of cutting, fitting, shaping, reinforcing, and engineering opportunities.

Now I'm a field engineer in the semiconductor industry, but I don't credit that occupation with cultivating fabrication skills. Simply because none of my coworkers do this kind of stuff with cars... Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol_skool_chevy (Post 4235577)
Hey man that looks cool....Dave and I would love to swing by and take a look at it....

You should. Just let me know when you want to.

R.A.D 10-14-2010 10:55 PM

cliffhanger

Pop's C-10 12-03-2010 03:12 PM

cool build

jimmydean 12-03-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 4241402)
Now I'm a field engineer in the semiconductor industry, but I don't credit that occupation with cultivating fabrication skills. Simply because none of my coworkers do this kind of stuff with cars... Thanks for the compliments!

You should. Just let me know when you want to.

Me too, dammit! I want to see the Burb up close.

As a software engineer, it's actually rare that one of my co-workers is not only a great engineer, but a gearhead with a '65 C10 as well. So he and I will gear out and make the rest of the geeks nervous.

watahyahknow 12-04-2010 12:27 AM

heh heh heh they prolly will compute the distance between the bumper and the body to the thou just to nag you about it being off

thinking about it you guys prolly be the ideal people to make the engine run of a mega squirt digital injection and ignition and build a dash with tft screens and virtual gauges

bama63 12-04-2010 12:35 AM

first found the vette truck on the stovebolt forums months ago and cant wait to see it finished and btw great skillz frizzle

R.A.D 01-19-2011 01:49 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

R.A.D 02-04-2011 08:28 PM

bump this

Chevy Fleetside 02-04-2011 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update for me is. This is just a mock up even. It comes apart again.

Frizzle Fry 02-08-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.A.D (Post 4423318)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.A.D (Post 4462682)
bump this

This project is on hold. No amount of bumping will change that. ;)

ajgriffin 02-08-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 4471537)
This project is on hold. No amount of bumping will change that. ;)

How about this...since folks are pressing for updates, they can drop a little donation in the cookie jar or offer to donate whatever it is you need to get going again?

On an unrelated note, I thought it was awesome to see you and your son putting on the custom decals on your 64 especially considering the skills you have, taking the time to still do stuff with him is the coolest thing in the world. Good on ya!

Frizzle Fry 02-08-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajgriffin (Post 4471566)
How about this...since folks are pressing for updates, they can drop a little donation in the cookie jar or offer to donate whatever it is you need to get going again?

On an unrelated note, I thought it was awesome to see you and your son putting on the custom decals on your 64 especially considering the skills you have, taking the time to still do stuff with him is the coolest thing in the world. Good on ya!

Haha, thanks. The primary issue is time/travel. If there was a way to take donations for that I would be the first to put out a can :lol:

I get the kids involved whenever I can. Gotta train my replacements ;)

Mad Rods 02-08-2011 10:47 PM

Cool build!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

65Pickup 03-07-2011 03:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Pickup (Post 4086644)
I'm not worthy of commenting on your work, I love the concept...but...the beautiful shape of the fenders is conflicting with the flat shapeless tailgate, smooth it, tilt it, continue the fender lines thru the gate may pull it together. :canada: Just a few thoughts, good luck you do incredible work.

...once again not worthy to make recommendations, but things get in your head, its hard to shake them out. I found your Sunbeam post, and am following it, but I had an idea on the Vette truck gate, there are a couple of pics. The body lines on a Suburban lift gate maybe just the ticket to add some shape to the tailgate on the Vette truck. The lines look like they would line up with the fender shape nicely. Anyway, good progress on your Minx, should be a fun driver this summer.

watahyahknow 03-07-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Pickup (Post 4536487)
...once again not worthy to make recommendations, but things get in your head, its hard to shake them out. I found your Sunbeam post, and am following it, but I had an idea on the Vette truck gate, there are a couple of pics. The body lines on a Suburban lift gate maybe just the ticket to add some shape to the tailgate on the Vette truck. The lines look like they would line up with the fender shape nicely. Anyway, good progress on your Minx, should be a fun driver this summer.

he could make the gate curving inwarth from fender to fender (think hooverdam ) but then he need some serious hinges to be able to open it over the curve itself , with any other way he could use a stock lid as a skeleton and redo the outer skin

Frizzle Fry 03-08-2011 02:00 AM

I like the curvature of the burb gate too. That peak could line up with the fender line/peak. Maybe I'll make a similar profiled piece out of sheet... Thanks for the ideas. :)

65Pickup 03-08-2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 4538044)
I like the curvature of the burb gate too. That peak could line up with the fender line/peak. Maybe I'll make a similar profiled piece out of sheet... Thanks for the ideas. :)

After looking at the burb shape I felt it would be easy for you at least to reproduce also. Thanks for being open its fun to bench race this stuff, whatever you do will be killer. :devil:

1Bad62Pro/Street 01-27-2012 08:55 PM

Teehee:lol:
http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/...TQ/wake_up.gif

Red4x4 02-20-2012 02:45 PM

Read all 11 pages, More!!

R.A.D 02-20-2012 04:02 PM

not happenin' he's married to his sunbeam!

Frizzle Fry 02-20-2012 06:31 PM

:lol: True, for now. But the open marriage starts this spring ;)

Palf70Step 02-20-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 5201283)
:lol: True, for now. But the open marriage starts this spring ;)

It's spring in Mississippi!! :D

65Pickup 02-20-2012 07:49 PM

ooooohhh, can't wait for spring. That brides maid really needs some attention.