The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lift installed (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=599930)

rsavage 10-10-2013 06:58 PM

Lift installed

I recently purchased a used Rotary two post asymetrical lift from a local company that inspects, services, and installs lifts. I had planned to buy a new lift from Greg Smith and install it myself, but after looking at the used American made lifts this local guy had, along with the parts availability, I decided to go with the used. I had his crew install it and ended up less than what just the Chinese Greg Smith lift would have cost. They installed new cables, sheaves, and it had new sliders in it. Had to double up rafters and remove joists in one bay to give me cathedral ceiling height prior to install.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps1d6e4690.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...pscd1a3bd0.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps5fae5f01.jpg

Maximus 10-10-2013 08:40 PM

Re: Lift installed

Wow, I was half way through the first paragraph before I figured out that the lift was the 2-post, and not a suspension lift! LOL, The lift looks great, I have been looking at getting one for years, but I have to build a shop for it first...

Congrats! and that's a clean blazer you have hanging on it too!

Ole Beater 10-10-2013 08:51 PM

I thought the same thing then when he mention sheaves and pulleys I figured it out. Either way an American made lift is better than Chinese.

71jimmy 10-10-2013 09:19 PM

WOW :metal:

Can board members come over and use it?

I want one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsavage 10-12-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 6309061)
Wow, I was half way through the first paragraph before I figured out that the lift was the 2-post, and not a suspension lift! LOL, The lift looks great, I have been looking at getting one for years, but I have to build a shop for it first...

Congrats! and that's a clean blazer you have hanging on it too!

Thanks. I could have been a little more descriptive in the title.

rsavage 10-12-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71jimmy (Post 6309137)
WOW :metal:

Can board members come over and use it?

I want one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, but it's a really long drive :lol:

Chulisohombre 10-12-2013 11:25 PM

Very nice lift and pretty nice assortment of vehicles from your sig.

BBrendal 10-13-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsavage (Post 6310889)
Sure, but it's a really long drive :lol:

Im on my way now!

richard2717 10-13-2013 07:41 PM

I ended up doing the same thing. I had intentions of getting the atlas 15K lift at Greg Smith in Newark DE whe nI came across a 9k lift right here in town. Guy was moving and had no room for it. was like brand new and got it for about a grand. Got one of the blazers on it now. Your blazer is still looking good. Hope one of mine gets there some day.

rsavage 10-13-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 6312959)
I ended up doing the same thing. I had intentions of getting the atlas 15K lift at Greg Smith in Newark DE whe nI came across a 9k lift right here in town. Guy was moving and had no room for it. was like brand new and got it for about a grand. Got one of the blazers on it now. Your blazer is still looking good. Hope one of mine gets there some day.

That's exactly where I was going to pick one up on my car trailer when I visited my daughter (she lives in Newark DE). I was just going to get a 9000lb overhead. Yours will get finished - if you stop buying trucks:lol: How many are you up to now?

rsavage 10-13-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrendal (Post 6312149)
Im on my way now!

Coffee is on (or beer cold).

richard2717 10-13-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsavage (Post 6313010)
That's exactly where I was going to pick one up on my car trailer when I visited my daughter (she lives in Newark DE). I was just going to get a 9000lb overhead. Yours will get finished - if you stop buying trucks:lol: How many are you up to now?

How far is that trip for you? I liked the atlas lift and it seemed rock solid i just didnt havethe bills to lay out for it at the time, then I happened on the one I did end up with. I am still a little leary of the 2 post lift when I have my dually on it but with the support stands front and back I make due.

I have actually started to get back to business. I stripped the black 71 down to the tub and frame. I may have the green 72 sold. Guess I will know for sure when I see the money. LOL

Been meaning to ask ya how the cap decals are holding up? It was my 1st time messing with it.

rsavage 10-14-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 6313619)
How far is that trip for you? I liked the atlas lift and it seemed rock solid i just didnt havethe bills to lay out for it at the time, then I happened on the one I did end up with. I am still a little leary of the 2 post lift when I have my dually on it but with the support stands front and back I make due.

I have actually started to get back to business. I stripped the black 71 down to the tub and frame. I may have the green 72 sold. Guess I will know for sure when I see the money. LOL

Been meaning to ask ya how the cap decals are holding up? It was my 1st time messing with it.

It's about 400 miles. We usually visit a couple of times a year and they get up here 3 or 4 times. We are going to have a new grandson come January, so we will be driving down more often so says the wife.
The decals have held up really well and look like new. I have actually had a few people notice them and ask where I got them. Take care.

jaros44sr 10-14-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsavage (Post 6314076)
It's about 400 miles. We usually visit a couple of times a year and they get up here 3 or 4 times. We are going to have a new grandson come January, so we will be driving down more often so says the wife.
The decals have held up really well and look like new. I have actually had a few people notice them and ask where I got them. Take care.

Thats funny, my son ends up by you, and your daughter ends up by me. Congrats on the grandson. Let me know when you pas through, maybe we can meet up

richard2717 10-14-2013 10:55 AM

Congrats on the Grandson as well

rsavage 10-15-2013 07:21 AM

I think we are going to be coming down for a weekend in November. I'll PM you when plans are clear.