The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Site Feedback and Announcements (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Post or PM Notification Email (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=694908)

Liz 01-16-2016 02:57 AM

Post or PM Notification Email

I hate to see the email notifications being replied to. Yeah, its a little annoying when they clog up the email box... but more so because no one is seeing what you are trying to communicate.

Post and PM notification emails are sent out automatically, if you have your settings that way. So many people automatically reply to these. That does nothing, it does not post it, it does not send as a PM. That part you want, and you are replying to... the seller does not know.

At the top of every notification email it says

********** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***********

To read the original version, respond to this message, or delete the message, you must log in here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/private.php

and that would vary between pm and post depending on the type.

I know it is easy to overlook, I do it as well. I really do hate to see folks miss out on stuff because of this, so the reminder is made.

Thanks

Liz 01-30-2016 06:06 PM

Re: Post or PM Notification Email

ttt

Axle 01-31-2016 08:09 PM

Increase the font size a few points. Maybe the obvious will become... obvious to the oblivious. =-)

Alex.

davischevy 01-31-2016 09:09 PM

I wondered why I was so lonely out her in cyberspace.:lol::lol:

aerotruk63 02-04-2016 03:13 PM

I'm sorry Liz, I feel so....feel so... what's the wording I'm looking for?
Incompetent? lol
I guess this is the thread of shame!

davischevy 02-04-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 7449515)
I hate to see the email notifications being replied to. Yeah, its a little annoying when they clog up the email box... but more so because no one is seeing what you are trying to communicate.

Post and PM notification emails are sent out automatically, if you have your settings that way. So many people automatically reply to these. That does nothing, it does not post it, it does not send as a PM. That part you want, and you are replying to... the seller does not know.

At the top of every notification email it says

********** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***********

To read the original version, respond to this message, or delete the message, you must log in here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/private.php

and that would vary between pm and post depending on the type.

I know it is easy to overlook, I do it as well. I really do hate to see folks miss out on stuff because of this, so the reminder is made.

Thanks

If this were plumbing, it would be a backflow preventer. I can go out, but it can't come back.

Liz 02-19-2016 12:06 PM

ttt

davischevy 02-20-2016 10:32 PM

I'm going to guess, since you brought this to the top, your backflow preventer is working, and clogged.:lol:

Liz 02-20-2016 11:46 PM

:)

Liz 03-04-2016 08:29 PM

:truck:

davischevy 03-06-2016 12:04 AM

Does that mean you have truck load of them backed up?

Liz 03-08-2016 10:54 AM

pretty much a daily thing.

Axle 03-08-2016 10:47 PM

Post their names. A public shaming should straighten 'em out, and serve as a warning to others. =-)

Alex.

Liz 03-08-2016 11:26 PM

It is different members daily :) Otherwise I would just contact them directly lol

Axle 03-09-2016 08:54 PM

Hence the reason to post their names, we'll (I will. I ain't got this hangup about being all friendly like all the time) berate them for you. And with a bit of luck, the others will learn by example lest they be put on display for a flogging.

Hey, if your too stupid to read red text that says 'don't reply', maybe seeing your name posted and associated with being too stupid to read red text that says 'don't reply' is what it will take.

So listen up you blind bats, READ first. Then let it sink in before you dare hit the reply button. And then read it again before hitting send.

Alex.

Liz 03-09-2016 09:47 PM

Point being it takes less time for me to post this and link it in reply, than to do the above. People do make mistakes also. I know most do not pay attention, but I will not belittle those that just make a mistake.

davischevy 03-09-2016 11:08 PM

You have to remember Liz, most of us are husbands.

davischevy 03-09-2016 11:10 PM

Axle, I bet you got voted "Most Popular" in your senior class didn't you?:lol::lol::lol:

UKNOWME 03-10-2016 12:32 PM

Sorry looks like I'm guilty of this mistake! Sometimes I get in a hurry and respond to things before I realize where it's from or what I'm in. (Text, email, forum, etc...)

davischevy 03-10-2016 01:37 PM

Husbands don't pay attention.

flashed 03-10-2016 02:04 PM

That is exactly what my wife says about me .

TJ's Chevy 03-10-2016 02:06 PM

Maybe you should change it to PLEASE REPLY and then no one will reply. :lol:

Axle 03-10-2016 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 7516527)
Axle, I bet you got voted "Most Popular" in your senior class didn't you?:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I am known to say how it is. Bluntly. =-)

Actually, got voted most likely to become a stand up comedian. I didn't pursue that career path and worked on my surly side.

Alex.