The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Choppin' Block Rear (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=685210)

SierraMtns 10-13-2015 11:21 AM

Choppin' Block Rear

Anyone running the Choppin' Block rear section? I am a little slow and just getting in to the hole air bag kits.

Thanks for the input.

https://instagram.com/choppin_block/

http://www.choppin-block.com/

SierraMtns 10-16-2015 01:24 AM

Re: Choppin' Block Rear

No one running this kit?

bbbc10 10-16-2015 04:32 AM

I don't even think its out yet.....an for the price I don't think someone would run this over the porterbuilt rear kit

SierraMtns 10-16-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbc10 (Post 7342986)
I don't even think its out yet.....an for the price I don't think someone would run this over the porterbuilt rear kit

I was told the kit is out and a couple guys have bought them. A big + is that their build time is 1 week. Whats PB current build time 10-12 weeks?

tinydb84 10-17-2015 12:20 AM

Travis over at AZ has them. I think its like 2,500 for the front and same for the rear. He has a thread in the market place on them.

SierraMtns 10-17-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinydb84 (Post 7343883)
Travis over at AZ has them. I think its like 2,500 for the front and same for the rear. He has a thread in the market place on them.

Yeah I have seen the thread. I was trying to find some board members that has used their kit. I am hoping this will easy up some pressure on PB so their build times will be down to a couple weeks not months.

With Choppin' Block only 3 hours away I might have to go check them out in person.

andrewmp6 10-20-2015 04:17 AM

I haven't heard of them tell now,But the c10 stuff looks nice and i love the caddy and lincoln stuff they have.

Pro Performance 10-20-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

It is out and shipping. The complete rear back half isn't much more than the PB. And when you consider the front it more affordable, it ends up being a tad less overall for front and rear.

The PB rear, with rear frame crossmember and shocks is $2,123. The Choppin Block is $2,500 for the complete back half, which includes shocks. Shipping is about $100 less on the Choppin Block also, so the difference becomes more of about $277, but your getting an all new frame section from the cab back. It will include the rear most cab mount also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraMtns (Post 7344210)
Yeah I have seen the thread. I was trying to find some board members that has used their kit. I am hoping this will easy up some pressure on PB so their build times will be down to a couple weeks not months.

With Choppin' Block only 3 hours away I might have to go check them out in person.

I am sure they would have no problem having you stop by and take a look at it. As time goes on, you will see more pictures surface.

SierraMtns 10-22-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Performance (Post 7347450)
It is out and shipping. The complete rear back half isn't much more than the PB. And when you consider the front it more affordable, it ends up being a tad less overall for front and rear.

The PB rear, with rear frame crossmember and shocks is $2,123. The Choppin Block is $2,500 for the complete back half, which includes shocks. Shipping is about $100 less on the Choppin Block also, so the difference becomes more of about $277, but your getting an all new frame section from the cab back. It will include the rear most cab mount also.

I am sure they would have no problem having you stop by and take a look at it. As time goes on, you will see more pictures surface.

Can the Choppin Block be ordered with outer bags?

Pro Performance 10-22-2015 08:24 PM

It is only available as inboard bags at this time.

andrewmp6 10-23-2015 02:09 AM

So with the choppin block rear backhalf you could make a long bed a short bed right?

Pro Performance 10-23-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewmp6 (Post 7350714)
So with the choppin block rear backhalf you could make a long bed a short bed right?

Yep, you sure can.... it serves as a short bed conversion as well.

WarMonger 10-23-2015 10:09 AM

Anyone here you guys know of on the forum install one? I like the look of them.

andrewmp6 10-25-2015 09:29 PM

Travis aka Pro Performance is a vendor for them maybe he knows of a build or could get you some pictures.

Redxbob 12-17-2015 06:06 PM

Ive got one on the way that i ordered from travis at azproperformance, i will be posting pictures up on here of the parts and the install asap, may actually throw a gopro in the corner of the garage as well

andrewmp6 12-18-2015 12:48 AM

Redx when you get it start a build post so we can see you build your truck.

Pro Performance 12-18-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewmp6 (Post 7353597)
Travis aka Pro Performance is a vendor for them maybe he knows of a build or could get you some pictures.

We will have one in house very soon, and will post up some photos. Plus, kits are always shipping out, so more images will surface over time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redxbob (Post 7414046)
Ive got one on the way that i ordered from travis at azproperformance, i will be posting pictures up on here of the parts and the install asap, may actually throw a gopro in the corner of the garage as well

Thanks and appreciate the order! That would be great to see the complete process of it being installed through the GoPro. Do you have a build thread on the forum I can follow?

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewmp6 (Post 7414475)
Redx when you get it start a build post so we can see you build your truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarMonger (Post 7350891)
Anyone here you guys know of on the forum install one? I like the look of them.

Should be seeing some soon. They have a great look and some very cool features to them.

lolife99 12-18-2015 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boris from Street Machinery (aka way2lo2 here on the board),... will be installing the Choppin' Block rear frame on a 67 C10 next week. You can probably follow pics from his Facebook page.
Boris is also a dealer for Choppin Block products.
He has a few in stock already,...

Redxbob 12-21-2015 10:09 PM

No build thread yet, but i think i will start one tonight on here. Ive been posting pictures of the build on my instagram so far but i will start one here as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Performance (Post 7414786)
We will have one in house very soon, and will post up some photos. Plus, kits are always shipping out, so more images will surface over time.

Thanks and appreciate the order! That would be great to see the complete process of it being installed through the GoPro. Do you have a build thread on the forum I can follow?

Should be seeing some soon. They have a great look and some very cool features to them.

Redxbob 12-22-2015 12:09 AM

Started a build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=692285

Coursey 02-17-2017 03:01 PM

I had heard that chopping block is offering a full frame now?

Pro Performance 02-17-2017 05:09 PM

Yep, they sure do, and think it is just about released.

1hihum 02-21-2017 01:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished installing one on my 63. It's a very nice kit. It all went together pretty well. It's designed to be a completely bolt in set up but I had mine welded as well (just for extra measure).

1hihum 02-21-2017 01:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another shot